What ever happned to the cereal Lucky charms?

-N34-N34 Posts: 1,929
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I used to remember eating this and now it's no where to be seen. I saw some in Selfridge's for £10!!! Why do non of the shops sell them. :confused:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aren't they incredibly unhealthy or something so shops don't stock them or have i made that up?
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    The leprechauns took them all back
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,196
    Forum Member
    -N34 wrote: »
    I used to remember eating this and now it's no where to be seen. I saw some in Selfridge's for £10!!! Why do non of the shops sell them. :confused:

Well you know how the Leprechaun kept telling us 'They' were always after his Lucky Charms......

Turns out 'They' got them......he put up a good fight to try and keep hold of them but....:cry:...oh...God.....its too sad....I cant finish.........all I will say is that the CSI only found his little green hat and his sheleighly.....

WHY DIDNT WE LISTEN......?!?!?!:cry:

:D
  • -N34-N34 Posts: 1,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I was being serious. It's not fair (When Mum and Dad nag nag,"Stand up straight! Don't be rude!" :D (Horrid Henry). But surely there are even more "unhealthier" things then those. I mean all it was, was a cereal of sweets :o.
  • tenofspadestenofspades Posts: 12,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aren't they incredibly unhealthy or something so shops don't stock them or have i made that up?

I thought they just had marshmellows in?
  • mrsparadoxmrsparadox Posts: 1,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only in America now :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never seen them here, but when I was in the states I was having about 4 bowls a day, ridiculously sugary :D
  • ClientFanClientFan Posts: 3,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's plenty of other alternatively crap rubbish out there, if that's what your heart's set on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they just had marshmellows in?

I've no idea as I've never eaten them. I'm sure I vaguely remember that a supermarket (morrisons??) began stocking them but there was an outrage cos of the amount of sugar in them so they were taken off the shelf.

According to this http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20*****8132416AAT67oD the above was just a theory.
  • KasphlamKasphlam Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I import them for my boyfriend for about a tenner a box.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,196
    Forum Member
    All I know is I once set fire to a bowl and you should have seen the violet-blue flame!

(For all those chemists out there - I'm sure you can confirm that means it has a Haaa-UGE sugar content :D)
  • gorgeousgirlgorgeousgirl Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    Mmmmm . . . . These are my favourite cereals but i only get to eat them when i go to America, yeah you can get them Selfridges but they are soooo expensive, not really worth it. Next time i go to the US i am definately bringing a few boxes home.
  • TalizmanTalizman Posts: 2,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can only get them in Selfridges in Birmingham, I saw them there a month ago.....at £13 a box!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mmmmm . . . . These are my favourite cereals but i only get to eat them when i go to America, yeah you can get them Selfridges but they are soooo expensive, not really worth it. Next time i go to the US i am definately bringing a few boxes home.

Don't forget one for me :p
  • gorgeousgirlgorgeousgirl Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    Don't forget one for me :p

Don't worry i won't. :D
  • That BlokeThat Bloke Posts: 6,352
    Forum Member
    Talizman wrote: »
    You can only get them in Selfridges in Birmingham, I saw them there a month ago.....at £13 a box!!!!

I think it's on offer in Selfridges in the Trafford Centre for £10 for 2 boxes or £7.50 a box.

Get there fast for that bargain! :D
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are they more sugary than Ricicles? I swear Ricicles should have a motif on the box saying "would you like some rice with your sugar?"

That may be why I like Ricicles though. In small quantities :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Bloke wrote: »
    I think it's on offer in Selfridges in the Trafford Centre for £10 for 2 boxes or £7.50 a box.

Get there fast for that bargain! :D

Crap! w00t. Thank God I'm in Manchester :D

You can get a cup (bowl) full of them for £1.49 ! And a box of them for £4.00! A large 24oz box ( I haven't a clue what that is :p)
  • That BlokeThat Bloke Posts: 6,352
    Forum Member
    Crap! w00t. Thank God I'm in Manchester :D

Just don't blame me if I was talking rubbish! I only noticed in passing because I wondered who the heck spends £7.50 on a box of cereal :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Bloke wrote: »
    Just don't blame me if I was talking rubbish! I only noticed in passing because I wondered who the heck spends £7.50 on a box of cereal :D

Don't worry I won't blame you...... :mad: :cool: :p
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Lynne Faulds Woods had it in for them.

American Soda sell them.
  • tenofspadestenofspades Posts: 12,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucky charms, Mountain Dew and Reisens. Oh and push-pops. Sugar hell but great.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    About 12-14 years ago (21 now) they used to be a regular cereal, I have not had the American ones to confirm but as I remember eating them, they were little shaped things in line with rice krispies in that they were not sweet, and mixed in with them, but not very many, were small but powerfully sweet marshmallows of different colours. In my view they weren't too unhealthy since the unhealthy bits were in small quantities, that's coming from memories as a child, I probably would feel its unhealthy if i had them today. Are the American ones as i described or are the rice krispies type part sweet as well now?

As i was told 5-8 years back when i wondered why they weren't around and reminiscing childhood with my friends. Apparently some kid died from chocking from some metal part that was in his/her cereal and so it was banned. It's obviously BS but it's the only answer i have.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I used to love Lucky Charms myself but can only get 'em in Selfridges! Last time I went there they were £7 or have they gone up to £10? Shame really as I loved eating them!
  • BlofeldBlofeld Posts: 8,233
    Forum Member
    I wish they'd bring them back, So what if they have a bit too much sugar compared to our cereals, what every happened to choice for crying out loud?

Thankfully my flatmate has a brother in the States, every so often he gets a box full of American food and drink, often a few boxes of Lucky Charms and some cans of Mountain Dew, which is the best lemonade style drink out there IMO.

I've seen Mountain Dew on sale in various places but it's often a total rip off. I was lucky enough to visit an American base in Germany last month where I stocked up on American food and bought it home. They only charged the same as they would have done in the States so £6 got me pretty far!

Bring back Lucky Charms and make Mountain Dew commonplace in shops, not to mention the various other foods they have which far outdo certain brands we have here!