Options

Use a 9200T abroad?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
Forum Member
Hi,

I'm looking at emigrating to Europe in a couple of months, and I was wondering if I can use my Humax PVR 9200T in the Netherlands? Anyone know if they get these boxes in Europe? I don't even know if they use the same digital signals over there... Any advise would be appreciated!

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    b44rch wrote:
    Hi,

I'm looking at emigrating to Europe in a couple of months, and I was wondering if I can use my Humax PVR 9200T in the Netherlands? Anyone know if they get these boxes in Europe? I don't even know if they use the same digital signals over there... Any advise would be appreciated!

Cheers
    As far as I am aware DTT is standard across europe (though I stand to be corrected) so it should work OK.

:)
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Later this Year according to This report on the DTG website.

Finland recently had the 9200T released there(€500). They have different software, and remote control, whillst compatible with the UK machine, you would need the remote.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the responses guys, it looks like there's not gonna be a free service - unless a very basic one in the future... :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    see this link for further background re DVB in Europe particularly Spain

http://www.radioandtelly.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1147378857

also this link for Netherlands specific info

http://www.dvb.org/about_dvb/dvb_worldwide/netherlands/

hope it helps
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,528
    Forum Member
    The one difference you sometimes get between UK and European boxes is whether the country uses MHEG or MHP for it's red button/text stuff. So you might find that a 9200 used in another European country can't do the interactive stuff.

Cliff