Options

Did Liz cost Chris the job?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 865
Forum Member
✭✭
By going against Chris's instructions for a clear drink and making it too girlie.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 366
    Forum Member
    I don't think Sugar made his decision based on only that to be honest.
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    No - Stella must have done a better job for Lord Sugar while they have both been working for him daily for the last 6 months.

Liz had nothing to do with that!
  • Options
    Raven123Raven123 Posts: 3,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, if it was a clear bottle it would have looked crap.

Stella was going to win no matter what.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    I find it strange that people seem to think he makes the decision based solely on the final task.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It certainly played an important part in the final task.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This topic title is like a Daily Mail headline.

"DID ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS AND BENEFITS SCROUNGERS COST CHRIS THE JOB?"

No, Chris cost Chris the job. Based on what's been shown at least, he was fortunate to even be in the final. Plus it's not like LS really bases his decision on the final - Stella could have made a drink called "Cup-a-Poop" or something and she would probably still have won.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    Liz did it out of jealousy because she wasn't in the final.

Of course I'm joking. ;)
  • Options
    haim100haim100 Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No she didn't.
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angelsbaby wrote: »
    By going against Chris's instructions for a clear drink and making it too girlie.

The final task is irrelevant
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liz did it out of jealousy because she wasn't in the final.

Of course I'm joking. ;)

You could be onto something there lol!!
  • Options
    Eve3275Eve3275 Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, it didn't cost Chris the task like others have already said, but it did annoy me that she chose a pink colour against his briefing. That was just plain stupid and I'm glad Dara shamed her up for it on YH. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Eve3275 wrote: »
    No, it didn't cost Chris the task like others have already said, but it did annoy me that she chose a pink colour against Chris' briefing. That was just plain stupid and I'm glad Dara shamed her up for it on YH. :D

Well Liz probably thought she should have made the final
  • Options
    Timothy BryceTimothy Bryce Posts: 1,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's actually the other way around.

Chris's fluky decision on the bus task ended up costing Liz a place in the final.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No but it confirmed to me that Liz isn't nearly as good as was hyped up at the start.

Very poor judgement there from her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    I wonder why she did that. It ought to have been obvious that making the drink pink would make it girly, but she was obvlious, and went againt her boss (Chris) in the process. While I don't think it cost Chris the job, it did show that Lord Sugar made the right decision to fire her.
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A clear drink would have looked crap in that bottle, the pink worked very well indeed - though of course thats more luck than judgement;)
    I think it was always going to be a tough call to get blokes to drink any spirit beyond scotch & bourbon so realistically to get something that really really appeals to women is probably as good as it was going to get.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Angelsbaby wrote: »
    Um, he didn't give instructions for a clear drink. She explicitly asked him about colour, and he said he didn't want artificial colourings that would look cheap and gimmicky. She used natural colourings, and the result didn't look cheap or gimmicky. The colour fitted the pomegranate ingredient.

If he wanted clear, he should have said so, err, clearly.
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    I wonder why she did that. It ought to have been obvious that making the drink pink would make it girly, but she was obvlious, and went againt her boss (Chris) in the process. While I don't think it cost Chris the job, it did show that Lord Sugar made the right decision to fire her.

We never learnt why it was made to look girly or whether it would have been more or less profitable hitting the female market more . Neither did we hear whether the bottle would sell if clear or if the colour we saw was needed anyway, or if you can can sell clear liquid in a red bottle without misleading people.All we were told was that the colour would make it stand out and that males might be put off . What that means for sales overall, we have no idea.

The market appeal factor was a balance betwen males put off and females attracted and its offset by Stella's bottle looking like olive oil and tasting pungent. We also never learnt what the answer was to the expert's question about Stella's bottle - did they think it would attract both sexes, or none? Is there an option to market to both sexes or is it an either or choice is another issue if you read Kim's twitter, and she's the one with the marketing qualifications.
  • Options
    vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You do know that the process isn't a 12 weeks thing? The final task is basically for tv purposes, the real trial for both of them was never shown.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We never learnt why it was made to look girly or whether it would have been more or less profitable hitting the female market more . Neither did we hear whether the bottle would sell if clear or if the colour we saw was needed anyway, or if you can can sell clear liquid in a red bottle without misleading people.All we were told was that the colour would make it stand out and that males might be put off . What that means for sales overall, we have no idea.

I should think so.

Isn't 7 Up sold in a green bottle?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vampirek wrote: »
    You do know that the process isn't a 12 weeks thing? The final task is basically for tv purposes, the real trial for both of them was never shown.

Yes I am aware thank you. I was asking the question based on what we all watched tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    vampirek wrote: »

Yes - their six months working for LS before he decides the winner you mean.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wondered if Chris had made it really clear that he didn't want a coloured drink. I heard him say, "Clear liquid" but did the team hear him? You know what it is like at the end of a meeting, people getting up to go out, etc. Sometimes you have to say things more than once, and loudly.

I don't think that cost Chris the job because Lord Sugar criticised both finalists for not being there in person when the drink was made up. Neither of them were absolutely perfect in the task but they both performed well. It was a great final.
  • Options
    seelleeseellee Posts: 10,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    Yes - their six months working for LS before he decides the winner you mean.

I think we all are aware of this now thankyou, just by the amount of times you have mentioned it on different threads. We get it, there is no need to repeat it over and over ;)
  • Options
    MakinItHappenMakinItHappen Posts: 1,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    No - Stella must have done a better job for Lord Sugar while they have both been working for him daily for the last 6 months.

Liz had nothing to do with that!

Do explain....? :eek: