Radio Times - Doctor Who's top ten episodes of the modern era (as voted by you)

13»

Comments

• CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What did anoraks ever do to you?
  • Isambard BrunelIsambard Brunel Posts: 6,598
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »
    What did anoraks ever do to you?

Nothing, apart from flood the Internet with mad theories that The Doctor was going to marry his own grand daughter and make her pregnant with his own mother or some such nonce sence about River Song.

I'm being observational, not abusive. Or do other Doctor Who fans take themselves more seriously than me?
  • PaperSkinPaperSkin Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That worst top 10 from Doctor Who Tv is quite on the money though I disagree with Night Terrors being in there.

...Must resist urge to do my own worst top ten....nah who am I kidding, my worst top ten would be -

10. A Good Man Goes To War, well a skirmish

9. Daleks in Manhattan / Evolution of the Daleks - could of been good, there's some neat ideas in there but the execution is (to be kind) not the best.

8. The Hungry Earth / Cold Blood - makes one of the greatest sins a Doctor Who episode can make, its dull, the majority of DW even when bad is at least not boring, this is, the episode doesn't do anything annoying or something I really go against (hi KTM) but its just there, where's the energy and excitement. Also was this story really needed, its just going over old ground and took up two episodes doing it, I would of preferred something new.

7. Lets Kill This Episode - sorry I meant Hitler

6. Love and Monsters - it was a good episode until the monster is revealed and then descends into awfulness

5. The Wedding of River Song - nonsense, this is what the whole arc built up too!..oh.

4. Fear Her - starts out quite good then nose dives to the point of reaching for a sick bucket when The Doctor runs with the torch and we have the news reader speaking those sickly words, urghh.

3. In The Forest Of The Night - the neat ending where everything just goes back to how it was after such a drastic event is absurd, and a worrying trend if writers think they can do stories that have no consequence (much like KTM)

2. Kill the Moon - episode can cause head injury from repeatedly banging it on the nearest object, utterly ridiculous concepts.

1. The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe - No just no.
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing, apart from flood the Internet with mad theories that The Doctor was going to marry his own grand daughter and make her pregnant with his own mother or some such nonce sence about River Song.

I'm being observational, not abusive. Or do other Doctor Who fans take themselves more seriously than me?

Anorakist. >:(

Maybe you've got anoraknaphobia?
  • comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Half of those written by Moffatt. Good. He's great! :D
  • AudioRebelAudioRebel Posts: 32,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anorakist. >:(

Maybe you've got anoraknaphobia?

I do have a fear of finding a spider in my coat pocket...
  • allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    here's mine ( with a tick next to the one in the OP )

1. Blink √

2. Name of the Doctor

3. Stolen earth √

4. Girl who waited

5. Day o the Doctor √

6. Family of Blood

7. Imposs Planet / Satan Pit

8. Bad wolf / Ways √

9. Waters of Mars

10. Midnight
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My top 10 would be something like -

(11. The Eleventh Hour :p)
    10. Amy's Choice
    9. Listen
    8. Midnight
    7. Father's Day
    6. Silence In The Library/Forest of the Dead
    5. Dalek
    4. Human Nature/Family of Blood
    3. Bad Wolf/Parting of the Ways
    2. Blink
    1. The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances

I feel I want to put more from the Matt Smith era but...the stories just aren't there! His best episodes were -

The Eleventh Hour
    Time of Angels/Flesh and Stone
    Amy's Choice
    The Lodger
    The Doctor's Wife
    The Girl Who Waited
    The God Complex
    Asylum of the Daleks
    The Crimson Horror
    The Name of the Doctor

Though I still don't rate any but Amy's Choice in my top 10, and that's cause it was a refreshingly different episode. Something like The Girl In The Fireplace, Human Nature/Family of Blood and Blink all easily beat anything during Moffat's own era (despite him writing two of those stories...)

My top 10 would be more similar to your list than the Radio Times poll. The only exception is that I would put The Girl in the Fireplace somewhere in there.