Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 9)

Comments

• chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mart1n0940 wrote: »
    Sarah-Louise has to fly over to England to try and recover her daughter who has stolen household cash to buy an airline ticket to run away to Weatherfield

Does her boss (also her uncle) lend support and give her some compassionate leave to go and sort it out ?

No - he sacks her for being late with a report

harsh
    and quite SOR-ish

Harsh? Never! Everybody gets sacked/banned/whatever just to suit an S/L. What would be an SOR would be for Stephen to fly over and beg her to got back to Milan
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Thank you all for the correction. I vaguely thought that Audrey had something to do with it, but couldn't think what. I couldn't remember if Audrey had any children.

Did she give him up for adoption r something?
  • OndineOndine Posts: 3,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abriel wrote: »
    Did she give him up for adoption r something?

Yes. From Corriepedia:

"Only Gail was raised by Audrey, as Stephen was adopted by Audrey's neighbour Malcolm Reid and his family later moved to Canada."
  • cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chestfield wrote: »
    Harsh? Never! Everybody gets sacked/banned/whatever just to suit an S/L. What would be an SOR would be for Stephen to fly over and beg her to got back to Milan

I'd quite happily drive up to Weatherfield and beg her to go back to Milan, as long as

a) She did go back
    b) She took Bethany with her

:D
  • dobbybeardobbybear Posts: 18,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd quite happily drive up to Weatherfield and beg her to go back to Milan, as long as

a) She did go back
    b) She took Bethany with her

:D

And what about Sarah's boyfriend, Roberto I think, is he just going to be completely forgotten about and Sarah won't be bothered about never seeing him again. But of course let's not forget she has a "gorgeous" Callum waiting in the wings
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Has Anna lost her memory? She threw Owen out, now she's asking him why he's leaving.

Re speculation :
    2. Isn't it the turn of the train crash? it always goes fire ... tram (or lorry) crash ..... fire .... tram crash. We've just had a fire, so it has to be a tram crash next, not another fire. I don't count the minor one a couple of months ago - the vehicle has to crash on the street.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regarding "Uncle Stephen" in Milan - have we ever seen him in the Street?
  • GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PERILLA wrote: »

Yes, he did appear. I recall seeing him.
  • jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member

Yes he visited in 1996
  • Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is that white stuff all over Lloyd's coat :confused: it looks like he has a really bad case of dandruff!
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Alma took a fancy to him. Audrey was not amused. Loved Alma. :)
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackol wrote: »
    Yes he visited in 1996

Strike a light was it that long ago? I suddenly feel ancient.
    Horsey looking bloke who sounded like Greg Rusedski...
  • cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackol wrote: »
    Yes he visited in 1996

Yup, this is him with his mum!

http://www.corrieblog.tv/audrey%20roberts%20and%20steven.jpg
  • Lost TripperLost Tripper Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Audrey never seems to talk to or even about her son when he often is on the phone. Or to ask him to give Sarah her job and presumably home back?

Or does that just not suit the ridiculous story line?
  • mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just likeAudrey never talks about Stephen, Gail never talks about her dad, Ted isn't it?
    I would gladly go into debt to pay for flights back to Italy for the awful Sarah and her offspring. I find them so false.

Watching the other night Tracy and Tony almost down each other throats in the street, would that really happen if you were having an affair? Anyone could have seen them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    I hadn't known that. So it's possible that Rob is her younger half brother (or possibly step brother), and that her original surname wasn't Donovan.

No, Rob was her full brother, that we know anyway so she was definitely a Donovan to start with. I think she's meant to associate the name Donovan with her horrible past, whatever she was back then she clearly wants to forget.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amb5rs17 wrote: »
    No, Rob was her full brother, that we know anyway so she was definitely a Donovan to start with. .........................

So we don't actually know? Actually, if rob's a step brother it doesn't matter whether he's older or younger than Carla.
  • davadsdavads Posts: 8,643
    Forum Member
    Just likeAudrey never talks about Stephen, Gail never talks about her dad, Ted isn't it?

Ted was a great character. Some very good scenes with Ken during the Martha storyline.
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    Amb5rs17 wrote: »
    No, Rob was her full brother, that we know anyway so she was definitely a Donovan to start with. I think she's meant to associate the name Donovan with her horrible past, whatever she was back then she clearly wants to forget.

Mother Sharon Donovan
    Stepfather George (until 2011)
    Brothers Rob Donovan
    Husband Paul Connor (1999–2007)
    Tony Gordon (2008–10)
    Peter Barlow (2013–)

Carla lived on a council estate in Manchester, with her alcoholic drug-dealing mother and younger brother Rob, who was arrested and sentenced to eight years in prison for armed burglary in 2004. She grew up with the Irish Connor family, becoming friends with Liam (Rob James-Collier), Michelle (Kym Marsh) and their cousin Tom Kerrigan (Philip McGinley) and later married Michelle and Liam's elder brother Paul (Sean Gallagher). She comes to Coronation Street with Paul when he buys a share in Underworld.
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    1. Has Anna lost her memory? She threw Owen out, now she's asking him why he's leaving.

Its the same with David he threw Kylie out then goes on about why she left him :D and spend his time looking for her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LaineyT wrote: »
    Mother Sharon Donovan
    Stepfather George (until 2011)
    Brothers Rob Donovan
    Husband Paul Connor (1999–2007)
    Tony Gordon (2008–10)
    Peter Barlow (2013–)

Carla lived on a council estate in Manchester, with her alcoholic drug-dealing mother and younger brother Rob, who was arrested and sentenced to eight years in prison for armed burglary in 2004. She grew up with the Irish Connor family......................

Thanks for all that. And I hate to seem picky, but if she grew up with the Connors, then presumably the Connor parents lived in Manchester. So how come they still have Irish accents, while none of the others did/do?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you all for the info re "Uncle Stephen" - cedric thanks for the link. I just cannot remember him at all - I either missed him or have erased him from my memory :D
  • ZebstrikerZebstriker Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you all for the info re "Uncle Stephen" - cedric thanks for the link. I just cannot remember him at all - I either missed him or have erased him from my memory :D

If you have seen Kick Ass 2, he had a small part as the Chief of Police
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Corrie stupidly set in its own bubble. Why couldn't shifty Gail go to a different florist; why did she feel the need to shop at Dev's every single time she wanted flowers?

Andrea and Callum seem to do nothing but doss about.
  • dobbybeardobbybear Posts: 18,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corrie stupidly set in its own bubble. Why couldn't shifty Gail go to a different florist; why did she feel the need to shop at Dev's every single time she wanted flowers?

Andrea and Callum seem to do nothing but doss about.

And why on earth would Gail take flowers to "real Gavin's" grave when he blackmailed her for £2000 which she has completely forgotten about and has never tried to get back which was probably at his flat which "pretend Gavin" had a key for!

Oh wait a minute, of course she is taking flowers because this story has got to get even more preposterous and annoying, so of course looney David has to find out!

And also she has to get a taxi from the local firm that indiscreetly tells where it's customers go, when really she would get the bus as she is short of money and had to sell her house to David but she can swan about in taxis and take flowers frequently! Arrgggghhh I am so annoyed by this story!
This discussion has been closed.