Options

No Offence

Comments

• Options
    bilsheenebilsheene Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    What are you doing?! - Giving people ideas! :-D

As for tonight's episode; bl**dy hell :-O :-O :-O What a finale.

If you're using that stuff wear gloves. It sticks, eg you'll never remove it off a blanket.
  • Options
    NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,152
    Forum Member
    I liked a lot of No Offence, but I found that all a bit bizarre.

No idea. At all.

You'd think so, wouldn't you?

It was just all a bit crazy. And as usual, I struggled to understand the sub-plot. Who was the Doherty guy? Why was he behaving like that? What happened to the Mum and kid? I feel like I'm meant to know these things, but I don't.

His wife died in childbirth; Jonah and nursey were taking them to hospital but didn't make it cos of roadworks. Presumably there were complications and the baby died/was stillborn.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bilsheene wrote: »
    If you're using that stuff wear gloves. It sticks, eg you'll never remove it off a blanket.

Oh that's right, Verrillion's giving people ideas and you're giving them tips hahaha
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed it. Had Dinah put Cathy in the car boot?

Surely a hint of detective work would place Dinah at the scene at the time of death?! I know Joy is helping to cover it up but surely other officers might look at mobile records.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    I found the insider/Viv's boyfriend twist highly annoying, I was thinking about it today and it gave me the irrit.
    The whole tone, characters and writing pulled me through it though, so I did enjoy the last episode a lot, especially the ending with the 3 of them together.

I'd really like them to make changes to the second series, no more huge daft twists, keep it straight cases, but if this has done well in the ratings I can see more of the same.

I'll go back and see what others on the thread thought of the last episode now.
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought they were going to try and pass his death off as some sort of kinky self pleasuring game which went horribly wrong! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JamieHT wrote: »

Surely a hint of detective work would place Dinah at the scene at the time of death?! I know Joy is helping to cover it up but surely other officers might look at mobile records.

I presumed Cathy wanted to find out what Dinah was up to - she'd promised whoever raped her would never do it again then she overheard Dinah trying to get her out of the way.
  • Options
    bilsheenebilsheene Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    For a comedy drama there were not too many laughs in tonight's episode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I presumed Cathy wanted to find out what Dinah was up to - she'd promised whoever raped her would never do it again then she overheard Dinah trying to get her out of the way.

Oh that makes sense.
  • Options
    LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    bel110 wrote: »
    I wonder if the webcam evidence will ever be picked up?

If Vivs got any sense Im sure she will delete it well hope she will :D
  • Options
    MR. MacavityMR. Macavity Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LaineyT wrote: »
    If Vivs got any sense Im sure she will delete it well hope she will :D

I think you can safely assume she's got that one 'covered'! :)

Cracking last episode, so glad I stuck with this series, it did take me a while to kind of 'tune in' to it, but I am always the first to bemoan formulaic police procedurals so its always worth investing a few episodes with a new drama - like in the olden days.
  • Options
    fern3fern3 Posts: 1,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bel110 wrote: »
    Yeah I kind of think it was one week where they could have done without the subplot and concerntrated on the main plot, but then again I suppose Viv had to go somewhere rather than stay at home. I also felt like we´d seen the Doherty guy before ... I think he has popped up in the series but I can`t remember where or why .... was he in the week where there was the rascist story???

IMDB says that the Docherty character was only in one episode, so I don't think we've met him before. But it was odd how familiar Viv was with him, first names and all that.
    Maybe that's a story for next series, along with a million other loose ends that need tying up.
  • Options
    bel110bel110 Posts: 14,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fern3 wrote: »
    IMDB says that the Docherty character was only in one episode, so I don't think we've met him before. But it was odd how familiar Viv was with him, first names and all that.
    Maybe that's a story for next series, along with a million other loose ends that need tying up.

Thanks for that! It is rather strange ... maybe he´d been mentioned before ... or maybe we all just missed a throw away line at the beginning explaining who he was, which is possible given the diaglogue problems!

The other thing that is slightly bugging me is how Joy will explain finding the body, given that she now realises the full picture and will want to help cover up.
    Joy was first on the scene and called for urgent back up - but why will she say she was there? There will be no record of an emergency call from Laurie or the address ... no neighbours saw a break in, she can´t say she was looking for Viv as she would have known Viv was at the station interviewing the Doherty guy and nurse ... if she says she was following Dinah then that will of course implicate her ... she can´t make up that she was passing and noticed the bandmates outside and they were wondering where Laurie was as they will say she had already tried the bell ... so what was she doing there and how will she explain it? I suppose Viv might say she sent her to pick some papers up or something but then she would have had a key ...

Suspect we´ll never know as next series will start some months later but it is a bit of a plot hole!

Wonder whether Dinah will ever tell Viv it was Cathy or just keep it between the two of them ... loved this series ;-);-)
  • Options
    LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    Really enjoyed No Offence mainly cos part of it was filmed in my sisters flat in Salford :D

Just wish Will Mellor could have been in it a bit more towards the end. He was really good in his part Long live Spike...Gaz is dead :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really hope they don't sweep it under the carpet. I hope they're looking over their shoulders a bit. It's a mess that even a junior detective could unravel in about an hour I'm sure.

What did Joy say to Dinah at the end about the button??
  • Options
    OndineOndine Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What did Joy say to Dinah at the end about the button??

She said:
    "Second one down."
    "You'll never guess where I found this."
    "You've got my heart. I've got your back."

then she slipped the button into her pocket.
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great farce. Looking forward to the next series.

Dinah gave Cathy her heart and last night Joy gave hers to Dinah. Viv gave hers to Laurie whom she couldn't quite kill so Cathy sent him packing with some kind of 'foam' having just escaped from a car boot without any need to explain how she got there in the first place.

Dinah had a bit of a cry when the magnitude of what happened finally hit her. Viv, Cathy and Joy never so much as batted an eyelid.

What's not to like :D
  • Options
    LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,419
    Forum Member
    Why did Viv pull a hair off Dinah and put it on his body, was she going to frame her?
  • Options
    HDCriticalFanHDCriticalFan Posts: 1,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fern3 wrote: »

Phew, I thought it was "just me".

I wasn't watching with SWMBO so I wasn't able to do my usual "Who is he/she?"

I honestly thought that I had forgotten about or not recognised this guy (who seemed to know and be known to everyone). I also thought that I had forgotten about a plot thread regarding getting a pregnant woman to hospital. It played on my mind for most of the final scenes ... dare I say it went some way to spoiling the finale for me. :(

I came here to clarify what I had missed or forgotten. Nothing apparently. :confused:

It's as if they overran for time with the script and cut out a lot of "non essential" scenes and left a confusing mess.
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    LazySusan wrote: »
    Why did Viv pull a hair off Dinah and put it on his body, was she going to frame her?

Viv thought dinah had killed him so she planted her dna on the body whilst they were investigating.

Any of dinahs dna found on him from the "murder" (as viv believed she did it) could be explained as dinah was seen comforting viv over the body. When they analyse dna found on the victim, they rule out anyone who had access to the body, hence why viv and dinah had to be seen over the body.

Though realistically as a friend of viv her dna in the room could be explained from her visiting i suppose.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ondine wrote: »
    She said:
    "Second one down."
    "You'll never guess where I found this."
    "You've got my heart. I've got your back."

then she slipped the button into her pocket.

I thought so. So why did she say/do that?
  • Options
    Forum Member

They'd only look at mobile phone records of suspects. They may look at the husband's but nothing to implicate Viv or Dinah would be on his phone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought so. So why did she say/do that?

Presumably knowing the husband was better out of the way and was happy to go along with Dinah and Viv - even though striclty speaking it's wrong.
  • Options
    marios mummarios mum Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vic turned the web camera round so she could see what was happening while she was not there, it doesn't necessarily follow that any of it was being recorded - does it?

They've covered the problem of Dinah's DNA being found on the body, but what about Kathy's and she did it!
  • Options
    LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,419
    Forum Member
    Tt88 wrote: »
    Viv thought dinah had killed him so she planted her dna on the body whilst they were investigating.

Any of dinahs dna found on him from the "murder" (as viv believed she did it) could be explained as dinah was seen comforting viv over the body. When they analyse dna found on the victim, they rule out anyone who had access to the body, hence why viv and dinah had to be seen over the body.

Though realistically as a friend of viv her dna in the room could be explained from her visiting i suppose.

It was when Dinah was comforting her at the end that she pulled her hair and put some on the body.