Yosemite - what a piece of ****

13»

Comments

• 1saintly1saintly Posts: 4,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    standinman wrote: »
    I like Yosemite ,yes there are some of us out there ,its working very well for me better that MAVERICKS and i am looking forward to the new os in September ,and yes some of us do find a delight not like dreadful windows 8

I like Windows 8, yes there are some of us out there, its working very well for me, and i am looking forward to the new OS this month, and yes some of us do find it a delight not like the dreadful Yosemite. :D:p;-)
  • DRAGON LANCEDRAGON LANCE Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    I'm surprised at this thread. I always thought Apple were regarded as some kind of corporate deity by their faithful and that their products were divine objects, to be slavishly worshipped by their devout followers.

No, it’s more like most of us owned various Windows machines, got sick of the st-uu-uuu-uuu-ter---ing asthmatic wheezing Blue Screen of Death performance regardless of how powerful the machine supposedly is and jumped ship. We found a wonder world of Apple where, my god, you actually turn the machine on and works properly. Every time.

Then Steve Jobs died and the idiots who took over the firm set about wreaking this. They gave us yearly updates of OSX in Mavericks and Yosh*temite.

It sounded really cool at first. You get a "free" new OS every year, wow, that's good eh? Free. Then we saw this really meant it was just a cynical way of making older Mac's that couldn't run the new versions of OSX obsolete.

On top of that with Yosh*temite, Apple seem to be now challenging Microsoft for the worst most bug riddled broken OS going. We have gone from "it just works" to "it might work...erm sorta maybe..."

Of course you don't have to update your OS...but then Apple make sure their latest software won’t work on older versions therefore forcing you to upgrade...

Apparently the new forthcoming version of OSX, the amusingly named El Capitan, seems like it may be a return to the days of "it just works". I do hope so otherwise that's me done with Apple computers. C'mon sort it out Apple, you know you can do it.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never mind, I'm sure it won't be too long before Wildebeest puts it all right, with Jellystone adding all the bells and whistles in the New Year.
  • joe-mediajoe-media Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    I don't get all the hatred for Yosemite. I much prefer it to Mavericks (10.9). I can't wait for El Capitan in the Autumn. :)