Options

My Kitchen Rules Australia series 5

Comments

• Options
    clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    So where's the smart money going on who all those positive comments tomorrow are for?

Can't see 'simple food done perfectly' relating to Josh....we'll see
  • Options
    catinabasketcatinabasket Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cika wrote: »
    Jess is seriously getting on my nerves now. I wonder if those two are still friends. (Not Googlng to find out!)

Although I'm assuming there's misdirection going on fairly blatantly here.

I have googled it. Pm me if you would like a simple yes or no answer to your question.
  • Options
    JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    I have googled it. Pm me if you would like a simple yes or no answer to your question.

Can't you just tell us? It's not a spoiler for the series after all.
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Except that by Series 5 everyone has got to know that they'll have all sorts of things thrown at them that they've never done before. And while it's easy to sit and judge from the comfort of our living rooms, and no-one can know how they're going to react in a particular situation, and I'm not one for 'envisioning' or 'thinking positive thoughts', if you go into something like the food truck service not wanting to do it and sure that you can't, you're pretty much bound to fail at it. And in this case, take other people down with you.

I agree if there's any justice they'll be in sudden death but justice doesn't figure in this sort of competition. Like MasterChef, the best cooks don't necessarily make it to the end.
    Which is my main point - the others in the 'team' did very well, they don't deserve to be put in the same bracket as the two who lost it, bringing everyone down - like the come back kitchen last season, it was down to who made the most money, from individual dishes, let other people do the serving, and giving out the orders - let the meals speak for themselves.

Anyway - Bree&Jessica, saved by Salt, who'd have thought.:o
  • Options
    harry*half*pintharry*half*pint Posts: 11,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just popping up out of the woodwork to add my two penneth :blush:

If it really was that close - do think Bree and Jessica should have gone through to sudden death in view of the fact it was due to them they were in the cook off anyway.
  • Options
    cikacika Posts: 3,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Which is my main point - the others in the 'team' did very well, they don't deserve to be put in the same bracket as the two who lost it, bringing everyone down - like the come back kitchen last season, it was down to who made the most money, from individual dishes, let other people do the serving, and giving out the orders - let the meals speak for themselves.

Anyway - Bree&Jessica, saved by Salt, who'd have thought.:o

If it really was that close - do think Bree and Jessica should have gone through to sudden death in view of the fact it was due to them they were in the cook off anyway.

Yes, that would have been fair, but my point is that these shows aren't about what's fair, they're about milking situations for as much drama as they can get out of them and if you can stir up some controversy along the way, so much the better. Whether it's right or not or whether it's fair or not is an entirely different matter.

It'll be interesting tonight, I think. If Bree was able to bring Jess back into competition frame of mind, or if Jess managed it herself, it could be a close run thing.
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member

Yes - but they wouldn't willingly volunteer to go - they are in such a state, they are just pleased they are safe - they need to regroup now - they can cook....it's just their heads are a mess, one of them anyway.
  • Options
    harry*half*pintharry*half*pint Posts: 11,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I agree - they were relieved to be safe - but just think P & M could have maybe taken into account their previous failings IF it was as close as we were lead to believe.

(I know, I know - you're only as good as your last dish in all these competitions and it's not about what's 'fair' it's about what creates the most drama - but did feel sorry for U & S)
  • Options
    jlighthijlighthi Posts: 1,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I like these shows others are right that they are unfair. The best cooks don't always win. It is all about the drama. The team events are really annoying because 1 team or more can cook the very best product but still end up in the losing team.
  • Options
    catinabasketcatinabasket Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JulesF wrote: »
    Can't you just tell us? It's not a spoiler for the series after all.

It might spoil it for some people.
    On reflection I should not have posted on the subject at all, so will not be replying to PMs, anyone who really wants to know can find out the way I did, or just use their common sense.
    Sorry.:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It might spoil it for some people.
    On reflection I should not have posted on the subject at all, so will not be replying to PMs, anyone who really wants to know can find out the way I did, or just use their common sense.
    Sorry.:blush:

No worries on my account but thanks for the thought! I do prefer to stay completely free of any extra info just in case. You never know what's going to give something away.
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jlighthi wrote: »
    As much as I like these shows others are right that they are unfair. The best cooks don't always win. It is all about the drama. The team events are really annoying because 1 team or more can cook the very best product but still end up in the losing team.

The food truck challenge is as ill thought out as comeback kitchen was! It seems more that they are trying to find a slot for Colin than anything else.

Has anyone watched the latest series? Is it too spoilery to ask if Colin has a similar or bigger role?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, that would have been fair, but my point is that these shows aren't about what's fair, they're about milking situations for as much drama as they can get out of them and if you can stir up some controversy along the way, so much the better. Whether it's right or not or whether it's fair or not is an entirely different matter.

It'll be interesting tonight, I think. If Bree was able to bring Jess back into competition frame of mind, or if Jess managed it herself, it could be a close run thing.

Got Bree and Jess on the brain! - Uel and Shanelle of course. Shanelle's another one whose confidence can be shaky if things start to go wrong but I don't feel as if I've seen enough of Josh and Danielle to take a punt at what they're like ordinarily let alone u dear pressure.
  • Options
    Tess-gTess-g Posts: 29,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phew....just managed to watch last nights in time for tonight! I really like U & S but they don't half make some silly mistakes. That salt in the caramel :eek:

I hope J & D don't push the envelope too far. Oh, choc and avocado dessert.......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tess-g wrote: »
    Phew....just managed to watch last nights in time for tonight! I really like U & S but they don't half make some silly mistakes. That salt in the caramel :eek:

I hope J & D don't push the envelope too far. Oh, choc and avocado dessert.......

Evening - it was quiet in here last night!

I love avocado but puréed i find the mouth feel disturbing to the point of gagging (TMI?) and the fad for putting it with chocolate is as wrong as the one for white so-called chocolate! For once I agree with Kelly's face. Bleugh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening - it was quiet in here last night!

I love avocado but puréed i find the mouth feel disturbing to the point of gagging (TMI?) and the fad for putting it with chocolate is as wrong as the one for white so-called chocolate! For once I agree with Kelly's face. Bleugh.
    That's because I chat too much :D:blush::blush:

I know exactly what you mean about puréed avocado. It's just wrong on every level. U & S are going to get the sweetness wrong again, aren't they? Some cracks appearing in the Josh & Danielle kitchen those eggs are going to take some shelling
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is no way on earth I'd want to eat that egg. Actually, how do you eat an egg that under cooked with a knife and fork?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is no way on earth I'd want to eat that egg. Actually, how do you eat an egg that under cooked with a knife and fork?

Me neither. Can't stand snotty whites - I'd rather have the yolk solid than the white undercooked.

Looks as if we'd go hungry tonight!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it's becoming more and more obvious why these two teams are in sudden death.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can see how dry that pork is.

U and S's plating is, um, interesting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Josh would be wearing that ganache if I was in that kitchen. Once again Uel gets the salt bit wrong but at least it didn't make the plate this time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What on earth has the blonde judge whose name I can never remember come as? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What on earth has the blonde judge whose name I can never remember come as? :confused:
    Straight off the beach by the looks of it, she's probably still got her swim suit on underneath.
    Uel & Shanelle
    Judges
    Manu 7
    Pete 7 Total 43

Josh & Danielle
    Judges
    Manu 8
    Pete 8 Total 45

Skin of the teeth there. Neither team are that strong and I don't expect Josh and Danielle to go all the way to the final.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My son is coming down tomorrow for a few days, so I might have to play catch up. See you sometime. Have a great weekend.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My son is coming down tomorrow for a few days, so I might have to play catch up. See you sometime. Have a great weekend.

Oh, brilliant - have a great time. In between meeting a client's deadline I'll mostly be refereeing cat vs kitten. Although cat is very keen to make friends. Kitten is a feisty little number who wants his own way.

See you for next week - the pop up looks challenging for some teams.