Options

79 Yr Old Man Stabbed To Death In Road Rage Attack

Comments

• Options
    academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tealady wrote: »
    But we don't really know what happened to cause the collision or what happened next.

Nothing could possibly justify the murder of a man after what the police described as a minor shunt.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The person responsible should never be released from prison, what sort of person can they be to do this to a 79 year old man!
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Police have arrested a 34 year old man.

Better start looking forward to his 50s. That's probably when he'll be next free, if not later
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    http://news.sky.com/story/1520522/motorist-79-killed-in-road-rage-attack

Terrible. RIP :(

Condolences to all his family and friends.

Hope they catch the ****.

Dreadful - some people are so full of almost foaming at the mouth, raving anger on the roads. I've seen it myself first hand just by sticking to the speed limit.

Two lives are over. The old boy, and the murderer. For what? Jesus :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is 'classic' car different to 'vintage' (no excuse, in any way, of course)?
  • Options
    Galaxy266Galaxy266 Posts: 7,049
    Forum Member
    I wonder when they'll tell us who the horrible piece of shit who carried out this terrible attack is?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Galaxy266 wrote: »
    I wonder when they'll tell us who the horrible piece of shit who carried out this terrible attack is?

If and when they are charged.
  • Options
    TUCTUC Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    Evo102 wrote: »
    A salutary reminder to be careful who you pee off on the roads, next time it might be Ken Noye or this bloke.

No, wrong lesson, people should not have to live in fear of who they pee off on the roads. The responsibility lies with the assailant and them alone.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    academia wrote: »
    Nothing could possibly justify the murder of a man after what the police described as a minor shunt.

Exactly, there is no excuse . though there was someone on the radio earlier trying to explain why many young people are so angry these days due to feeling let down by society etc etc etc Firstly to me 34 is not that young and I was amazed that anyone could try and explain why someone could use that as a reason to kill , I get angry with the idiotic behaviour of clients , I smile and grit my teeth and kick the filing cabinet later , I don't stab them to death.
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evo102 wrote: »
    A salutary reminder to be careful who you pee off on the roads, next time it might be Ken Noye or this bloke.

I use the Ken Noye murder as a lifetime warning of the nutters out there.
    Stephen Camerons girlfriend still lives under a new identity.

I'm thinking the guy who killed the old chap might not be of sound mind.
  • Options
    Jasper92Jasper92 Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I live in the village along from Findon, and a customer in the shop I work in said she witnessed the incident. She claimed that the suspect left Swandean Hospital for the mentally ill previously, before stealing a classic car and ending up in this collision. There was then an exchange of words between the victim and suspect, leading to the latter snapping and launching the fatal assault.
  • Options
    HP.80 VictorHP.80 Victor Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    I lock my doors now as soon as I get in my car. You can't be too careful nowadays.

Not very helpful if you have the roof down is it?
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jasper92 wrote: »
    I live in the village along from Findon, and a customer in the shop I work in said she witnessed the incident. She claimed that the suspect left Swandean Hospital for the mentally ill previously, before stealing a classic car and ending up in this collision. There was then an exchange of words between the victim and suspect, leading to the latter snapping and launching the fatal assault.

It was the 'frenzied' bit of the attack that gave the game away.
    'Care In The Community' anyone?.:(
  • Options
    David_HillDavid_Hill Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RIP, typical there's a few hyperbolic posts about society going to Hell. It's a rare incident, you'd think evrry driver had stabbed someone today. Would love to drop some prople into the dark ages or the middle east to show them how safe this country actually is and how horrific incidents are rare.
  • Options
    cobaye22cobaye22 Posts: 1,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    U96 wrote: »
    I use the Ken Noye murder as a lifetime warning of the nutters out there.
    Stephen Camerons girlfriend still lives under a new identity.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1369134/Witness-at-Noye-trial-shot-dead-in-his-car.html

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/coventry-widow-plans-to-confront-kenneth-249321
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not very helpful if you have the roof down is it?
    I don't drive a convertible.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,959
    Forum Member
    jackol wrote: »
    What other charge could there possibly be? It couldnt be manslaughter as he obviously showed intent to kill by confronting somebody with a knife.

Manslaughter clearly. Him possessing a knife (if he did possess a knife) doesn't make it murder.
  • Options
    tenofspadestenofspades Posts: 12,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A 79 year old, there's a chance it was terrible driving. But does not justify the mis control of his anger.
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is 'classic' car different to 'vintage' (no excuse, in any way, of course)?

Only by age.
  • Options
    roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    I don't drive a convertible.

If you lock yourself in & have an accident, people might not be able to get you out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    roddydogs wrote: »
    If you lock yourself in & have an accident, people might not be able to get you out.
    Some Modern cars have an auto lock mechanism. Don't think mine does, but my sisters does. I think there is a safety feature where the doors unlock in an accident.
  • Options
    jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tealady wrote: »
    Should I wear a stab vest then?

In this case majority of wounds were to neck and head, so wouldn't have helped.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Manslaughter clearly. Him possessing a knife (if he did possess a knife) doesn't make it murder.
    He clearly murdered him though, it won't be manslaughter. It wasn't an accident.
  • Options
    academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A 79 year old, there's a chance it was terrible driving. But does not justify the mis control of his anger.

Ah, yes, the victim must be at fault, mustn't he?
    If the story quoted above is correct, then you have a crazy knifeman in a stolen car
    causing mayhem on the roads.