games you wish you could play again for the first time?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,570
Forum Member
✭✭✭
are there any games you wish you could play again for the first time?

I wish i could play WoW again for the first time, I miss the innocence of it, wondering around elwyn forest or durotar, not knowing what the hell you're doing...holy ****ing shit, a silver bar...that bitch will sell for a fortune on the AH!

Comments

• LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Probably Everquest, though it would be rather pedestrian and graphically primitive compared with a modern MMO, so I'd have to go back in time to really enjoy it. It was the first MMO to require a 3D graphics accelerator. I can't remember whether that was 1997 or 1998 now, certainly years before that awful WoW game.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mainly the story-driven heavyweights, such as Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII and VIII. Getting absorbed in a great story and developing a love for the characters is something that rarely happens to me in a video game nowadays, so I'd love to relive that experience.

Mario 64 and Crash Bandicoot made my jaw drop when I played them for the first time, mainly because of the visuals.

Goldeneye's multiplayer is, and always will be, the most enjoyable and memorable. I had buckets of fun playing it all those years back.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ultima Online. I remember the very first time I played that game.. I was scared to log off incase I could never find my way "home" again inside the game. For a small while that world really was a world of pure adventure.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Final Fantasy 7 and 8
    Metal Gear Solid 1
    Goldeneye 64
    GTA 3
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WoW again for me... just hanging out and exploring this amazing new world was a beautiful experience.

Also Deus Ex. Graphically, it's horribly dated now, but first walking out on that walkway and looking up at what was left of the Statue of Liberty against that skyline, hearing that music, and knowing I CAN TACKLE THIS HOWEVER I WANT was an absolutely WONDERFUL thing,
  • MojoMasterMojoMaster Posts: 6,494
    Forum Member
    Easy, SWG.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Shenmue. Both of them. :)
  • Xadlei XemnasXadlei Xemnas Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    Most of the Final Fantasies.

I have a strong memory for games. Can't forget most of it. Would love to experience these games again the first time round.
  • ic1maleic1male Posts: 1,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ICO.

And it looks like I'm going to be able to soon on PS3. :D I've forgotten nearly everything about my first play of it so it will be like doing it anew.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ic1male wrote: »
    ICO.

And it looks like I'm going to be able to soon on PS3. :D I've forgotten nearly everything about my first play of it so it will be like doing it anew.

Is this a remake or a re-release?

Never played it so I'm not sure if I want to buy the original (still have my PS2) or wait to play a remastered version.
  • ic1maleic1male Posts: 1,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this a remake or a re-release?

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus are being "remastered" for the PS3. Probably means some anti-aliasing, higher res textures and trophies. Definitely be a better experience on PS3 as the frame rate will also be a rock solid 30fps. On the PS2, it's horrendous.
  • OneManTagTeamOneManTagTeam Posts: 3,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With older games I'd say Final Fantasy 7, Goldeneye, Metal Gear Solid, Gran Turismo, Ocarina of Time & Banjo Kazooie. More recently, I'd go with Modern Warfare, Heavy Rain & Red Dead Redemption.

Enjoyed all these games & feels a bit of a shame when you go & complete a game you were engrossed in from beginning to end, like a good book or TV series
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    I'll vote for the jaw-dropping moment I saw Knight Lore on the old Speccy and tried to get my head around playing in a pseudo-3D environment for the first time.
  • DarksiderDarksider Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    Devil May Cry

Metal Gear Solid 1-3

Silent Hill 1&2 - Especially late at night, with all the lights off and in complete darkness. . . awesome :)
  • ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Banjo-Kazooie
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Metal Gear Solid 4. First time this generation of games truly wowed me, particularly the microwave scene and the final fight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quiet in here innit!!:)
  • wild_tywild_ty Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    Counter Strike beta 5.2

Pure joy.
  • Hendo9Hendo9 Posts: 1,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ecco the Dolphin ;)

No seriously, something like Goldeneye 64, Banjo-Kazooie, Mario 64, Metal Gear Solid
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Pro evo soccer 2
    Final Fantasy 7
    Half Life
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Pokemon Yellow. Was my first Pokemon game and I didn't know how to play it at all! It took me days to get from Viridian City to Pewter City and then I tried to defeat Brock just by using Pikachu. It was a long battle. I didn't know how to catch other Pokemon to use or that Electric types were no good against Rock types. I had to buy of those strategy guides to figure it out but I managed to beat the Elite Four and even catch Mewtwo in the end. Good times :o:)
  • rwouldrwould Posts: 5,260
    Forum Member
    Probably Dungeon Master on the ST (and Amiga). It was just so far ahead of any RPG for it's time and finding new things and all the spells was an excellent experience.

I would also include Shining Force II and Baldurs Gate II but I can still very happliy play both of those :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Final Fantasy 7 and 8
    Metal Gear Solid 1
    Goldeneye 64
    GTA 3

+ ff9, Zelda A Link To The Past, Guild Wars, Pokemon Red/Blue - Gold/Silver, Counter Strike: Source and another one for WoW - it was such a good game back in the day now it's just overkill. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MGS 1
    GTA 3
    Summoner 1
    Pokemon
    TESIII: Morrowind
    PES
    Halo 1
    PSO
  • TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,787