Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 4)

Comments

• Sarah SoreenSarah Soreen Posts: 5,568
    Forum Member
    Bellagio wrote: »
    Oh... you are just not going to believe this week's Diary. It's a lulu. She's surpassed herself in the self-centered/lack of awareness stakes.
    Lillith wrote: »
    The diary coming out on Sunday made me feel sick. There is something very wrong with her mind because she can never see what she does to upset people or the effect her actions have on her friends and family.

If I didn't dislike her so much I would be seriously worried about her sanity.
    Dear god. I've just read it. Sickening indeed. I feel that she has revealed how she truly thinks and it is even worse than we thought
    I haven't commented in here for ages...this thread just fuels Jones' sense of self-importance.
    Had to comment on today's Dreary though, she really is the lowest of the low.

I've tried to post this comment on the article but I doubt it will be published:
    More click bait from Liz. 'In Which I Am Increasingly Desperate To Hang On To My Column'. Truly sickening.

I've been having a few weeks away from reading her dross recently, but now I'm going to have to go and look arent I? :eek::eek::eek:
  • Sarah SoreenSarah Soreen Posts: 5,568
    Forum Member
    Oh
    My
    God!
    :eek::eek::eek:

Well if her brother ever reads this thread, good for you!
  • BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't have thought it possible, but she may well have just supplanted the legendary January 2011 Jo Yeates article as the absolutely worst piece she's ever written.

OK, worst coherent piece, then... As Private Eye noted in their review of the mememememoir, all the self-awareness of a teapot.
  • teacup333teacup333 Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/aug/10/take-cats-out-of-the-bag

has anyone seen this? must be a long-lost sister of 'wor Lizzie' !:eek: :D
  • sunstonesunstone Posts: 2,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't have thought it possible, but she may well have just supplanted the legendary January 2011 Jo Yeates article as the absolutely worst piece she's ever written.

OK, worst coherent piece, then... As Private Eye noted in their review of the mememememoir, all the self-awareness of a teapot.

I think the original piece about her mum was worse tbh, with the usual wishing her dead comments. Taking a photographer into her mother's bedroom is the lowest of the low.

Today's carp regurgitates the false pearls and the paying for the wedding, my god can she never let go of anything?:yawn:
    I did smirk when she referred to women under 35 as WE :eek:
    Who is she trying to fool?:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    teacup333 wrote: »
    http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/aug/10/take-cats-out-of-the-bag

has anyone seen this? must be a long-lost sister of 'wor Lizzie' !:eek: :D

Let's look at the evidence,

1) names a cat after Edie Sedgewick
    2) throws taxi fare on the ground
    3) leaves cat muck on the conveyor belt
    4) insults/is inconsiderate of fellow passenger
    5) uses nonsensical simile "tanned and lithe as a stiletto":confused:

I really think you may be on to something.:D
  • DallyDally Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    Hi. Where is this new diary piece? Can anyone provide a link please? ( I can't seem to find it ...)
  • jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good grief :(

Sorry nothing more intelligent to add. Her piece speaks for itself.
  • cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. I knew from Bellagio's post that this would be bad, but it really is breathtakingly awful. Even more shocking and more lacking in self-awareness than usual (and that's saying something.)

In a nutshell: she receives a perfectly reasonable request from her brother, (motivated by love, compassion and concern), to remove that disrespectful photo of her mother which she had cynically used in her DM article. To Liz, this request apparently constitutes "An Attack", of which she sees herself as The Innocent Victim Who Has Done Nothing Wrong. Then she pours out a *shower of vitriol into an email reply (*note to Liz: now that's An Attack, do you really not see the difference?) which she then wields creepily in her Draft folder, ready to send when the moment is right. Nice.

And yet, she sees herself as the victim here? Can she really not see what everyone else sees? Apart from anything else, if she had only read the comments about that article, she would have seen just how many people agreed with her brother re that photo of her poor mother. But she genuinely seems to expect us all to be on her side, sympathising with this "attack" from her horrid nasty brother, whose family now seem to have joined the grievance list, names and all.

Oh, and she bought her sister a cottage, BTW. Just in case anyone had been unaware of that.

Unbelievable. And then we get the fake pearls story again in the MoS, plus a good hundred words quoting something she'd said in a previous column....talk about money for old rope!
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I honestly think she's expecting to get a big pat on the back for agreeing to her brother's request to remove the photo straight away without argument. In her deluded mind she thinks that the majority of people will agree with her that she was great to do this even though she's done nothing wrong and her brother was being totally unreasonable. That we'll see what a nice person she really is and how hard she tries to please her family but they're still nasty to her and she gets nothing back.

Unbelievable.
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well.. that goes to confirm to me she is about as empathic as a mars rock.

She could have run the article with a pic of her mum happy before she got so ill. But no, "here's a pic of my mum, who has NO idea I'm taking this pic, while I look all sad beside her and now my brother is cross I took it and published for all to see. It's not like she was naked? whine whine moan moan, an all alone" really Liz? Really?!

If a member of my family had snapped a pic of my mum whilst she was in the hospice and did a similar article with the pic or even put it on facebook I would have been on their doorstep telling them exactly what I thought of them, loud enough for all the neighbours to hear.

Luckily my family don't make a living selling stories about each other and making stuff up and we have morals.

Dear Liz, it's your own fault no one phones you when you go away because you have made people not like you. Try a different approach to how you write your articles (seriously, I could write a column a week JUST on ordinary things like... "when did cornflakes get so thin?" and "how not to dye your eyebrows..." or "another weekend of weird dreams and my minds obsession with finding a loo in them". I could never run out of stuff and never need to pick on anyone other than myself).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    She didn't even have the decency to sadface in the article about her mother - her Ronsealed face was thrust toward the camera in her 'trademark' rictus grin.

She has another article today in the curiously-named 'Right Minds' section. She trots out the fake pearls story again and refers to women under 35 as 'we'. Oh, and she despises Louise Mensch for having a face lift!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2389183/LIZ-JONES-You-think-Wongas-bad-Just-look-bank-did-me.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In case anyone's confused about the sister/cottage issue, the sister didn't move out of the barn conversion willingly: someone else decided they wanted to live there, and got their way. It's instructive that the main building of Upcott had a perfectly serviceable annex - the Cider House, which had been recently let out - where Sue & son could have stayed, at least temporarily (or it could have easily been converted into accommodation for her mother), not to mention more rooms than Jones could ever hope to utilise... yet the sister wouldn't stay there. You have no idea how I long for Sue to spill even a few of the beans.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do I believe for one moment a style/possession-obsessed person like Jones wouldn't know the difference between genuine and fake pearls? (when even I would).

No.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In case anyone's confused about the sister/cottage issue, the sister didn't move out of the barn conversion willingly: someone else decided they wanted to live there, and got their way. It's instructive that the main building of Upcott had a perfectly serviceable annex - the Cider House, which had been recently let out - where Sue & son could have stayed, at least temporarily (or it could have easily been converted into accommodation for her mother), not to mention more rooms than Jones could ever hope to utilise... yet the sister wouldn't stay there. You have no idea how I long for Sue to spill even a few of the beans.

BIB, Oh me too, especially the full tale about how/why the police came to be there and laughed in LJ's face about being attacked.
  • vampyrevampyre Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jeff_vader wrote: »
    Do I believe for one moment a style/possession-obsessed person like Jones wouldn't know the difference between genuine and fake pearls? (when even I would).

No.

I'm pretty certain she wouldn't.
    When her gigantic wardrobe of designer label pieces was valued I think only 4 pieces out of literally thousands were actually worth any money.
    Her wedding ring which was of her choosing is pavé, making it virtually worthless. She has no taste, judgement or even knowledge of what constitutes the standard of anything, never mind the aesthetic quality or lack of.
    This woman calls herself a fashion historian but describes the silhouette of a garment as liquid not fluid and a structured jacket is described as "sticky out".
    She wouldn't know pearls from plastic if they were put in vinegar and failed to dissolve.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have a point :).

Except...if what you say comes from her own diary/column accounts, it's possibly just more of her 'poor me' bs.

I absolutely agree she may be completely lacking in taste, but I do read her fashion stuff (which I've said before is actually quite good, when she's not voodoo-dolling people) and though it pains me to say this, she does know her stuff and I really doubt she wouldn't know the value of something like pearls. It's pretty basic 101. But we may have to disagree on this :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jeff_vader wrote: »
    You have a point :).

Except...if what you say comes from her own diary/column accounts, it's possibly just more of her 'poor me' bs.

I absolutely agree she may be completely lacking in taste, but I do read her fashion stuff (which I've said before is actually quite good, when she's not voodoo-dolling people) and though it pains me to say this, she does know her stuff and I really doubt she wouldn't know the value of something like pearls. It's pretty basic 101. But we may have to disagree on this :)

We must have read different fashion articles then as I think she's a terrible fashion writer. Truly awful and full of her spite instead of facts and the blatant product placement. I actually think they're worse than her other columns.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    But she describes the pearls as paste. This term is only used for imitation gemstones.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But she describes the pearls as paste. This term is only used for imitation gemstones.

True GloriaM.
    Her lack of accuracy and precision gets on my nerves but that's mostly my problem. (Not entirely though:D )
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But she describes the pearls as paste.

Except when she describes them as plastic. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Except when she describes them as plastic. ;)

Odds being fairly high that they're glass.:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vampyre wrote: »
    Odds being fairly high that they're glass.:rolleyes:

Probably seed pearls and the string broke/they were lost years before the imaginary pawnshop incident.