Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread - singles & upcoming debut album (Part 5)

Comments

• Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rayforever wrote: »
    You could win a pair of passes to join Little Mix in the Dunkin' Donuts Music Lounge on Monday, March 18th at 10am for a special performance and web chat!
    http://club957.kiss957.com/app2/contest/lpkuwf/sweepstakes/landing?rft=w2sjigl5cki9ppm3sdic

That's Hartford, Connecticut. So both Boston and Hartford on the 18th, which is doable since they arent that far apart. Boston is a big big university city so this will be good exposure to college age listeners.

OK Nooneoo time to keep score on their US appearances. I'm wondering how they get from Phoenix to Kansas City. I suppose they have to fly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    Upcoming Events:
    07 Mar 2013: Graham Norton: Comic Relief chat show BBC Three, from 7pm
    18 Mar 2013: Kiss 108 Boston USA
    18 Mar 2013: Club 957 Hartford USA
    25 Mar 2013: Hot 975 Phoenix USA
    26 Mar 2013: 957 The Vibe Kansas City, Kansas, USA
    01 Jun 2013: Leeds Summer Ball
    14 Jun 2013: Live at The Marquee Cork 2013
    15 Jun 2013: Isle of Wight Festival
    22 Jun 2013: Performing at North East Live at the Stadium of Light, Sunderland
    06 Jul 2013: Alton Towers Live
    17/18 Aug 2013: V Festival
    31 Aug 2013: Girlguiding Tartan Gig 2013

If they are doing two places on 18th (and assuming this is their first US date) they must be landing in the US on either Sunday or Saturday, hopefully lots of Mixers will turn up at the airport since they don't have school during weekend.

Edit: thanks CV, edited.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    26 Mar 2013: 957 The Vibe Kansas City

Just FYI, that radio station is in Kansas City, Kansas. There is also Kansas City, Missouri.

Heh heh when they leave the state someone has to film them saying, "We're not in Kansas anymore!" [/Wizard of Oz]
  • Options
    aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they are doing things in the major markets like NYC, Chicago, DC and Miami.

This response makes my night. Finally people are reacting.

That made my day.
    They also need to ban the Perrie/Zayn questions, I think that's disrespectful to the other girls...
  • Options
    davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    I think they should ban the zayn/perrie question, the mags are about the girls,
    some mags I have saw about the girls when they talk about perrie, it starts with zayn girlfriend
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know people don't like it, but a lot of people outside the UK know LM through it and became fans. All I'm saying is that I don't see management putting an end to this unless fans have an uproar or one member does a Cher Lloyd and ask "Do you ask 1D a lot of questions about us??".....

They will need to have a massive uproar and direct it to the manager: "No Zayn/1D related question" but then again, it's those teen mags where they always ask about how to get a boy etc... cause young girls want to read that
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have noticed since CYL has been taken of the R1 Playlist. That if R1 play a LM song its either DNA or Wings. As I heard DNA on the breakfast show this morning.

Earlier on I was bored so read the book inside the album. TYF has to be the shortest song on the album lol as its a verse each, chorus x2 finish yeah?

I checked HYD's credits since Nooneo? said it has about 15 writers lol and he/she? is right it has a lot haha :D I also didnt know it sampled 2 songs! I knew it sampled one but not two! :)
  • Options
    aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just read about the upcoming US storms and flight cancellations. Hopefully this will not disrupt our girls agenda to the US.

Re HYD sample... The original song was written by a group called 'Curiosity killed the cat' the title was 'Name and number' then De La Soul made it popular with 'Ring ring ring ha ha ha'. Meanwhile Jaheim also sampled it with 'Ain't leaving without'. So the HYD tune is quite popular
  • Options
    PJ RiverPJ River Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me it's De La Soul... Ah the 90's ! Thank God for Little Mix !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    1992 wrote: »
    I have noticed since CYL has been taken of the R1 Playlist. That if R1 play a LM song its either DNA or Wings. As I heard DNA on the breakfast show this morning.

Earlier on I was bored so read the book inside the album. TYF has to be the shortest song on the album lol as its a verse each, chorus x2 finish yeah?

I checked HYD's credits since Nooneo? said it has about 15 writers lol and he/she? is right it has a lot haha :D I also didnt know it sampled 2 songs! I knew it sampled one but not two! :)

It also has a middle 8 (Leigh-Anne's part). I'd say it has a verse-chorus-verse-chorus-middle8-chorus structure, quite a typical structure, the only thing missing is the pre-chorus. But thanks to the super slow tempo of the song, it's nowhere near as the "shortest song on the album" :p.

If you're interested, here's the list for the shortest to longest songs (in terms of the length of the song not the amount of lyrics):

We Are Who We Are - 3:05
    How Ya Doin - 3:13
    Case Closed - 3:14
    Stereo Soldier - 3:22
    Change Your Life - 3:23
    Love Drunk - 3:37
    Wings - 3:40
    Turn Your Face - 3:42
    Make You Believe - 3:43
    Pretend It's OK - 3:45
    Going Nowhere - 3:45
    Red Planet - 3:47
    Madhouse - 3:51
    DNA - 3:57
    Always Be Together - 4:27
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was having a look at my mobile bill for this month online and had a look at my history.

I have posted this on the AT last January (2012) but still:

I love how my bill is usually between £16-£19 a month untill you get to the bills of December 2011 £32.00 and January 2012 £27.65

Oops! :D:o

I did text like mad in semi final and phoned 11/12 times in the final though haha :D:o

After they two months it goes back to usual £16-£19 :) Lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://www.kidzcoolit.com/reviews/what-the-little-mix-dolls-did.php
    What the ‘Little Mix’ Dolls did!

lol a pretty good read.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nooneoo wrote: »

If you're interested, here's the list for the shortest to longest songs (in terms of the length of the song not the amount of lyrics):

Always Be Together - 4:27

LOL at the worst most boring song on DNA being the longest by far :eek: :yawn: :sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

lol a pretty good read.

How do you find these stuff.:eek: Its a good day out for the LM dolls. ....... to be young again :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Chem wrote: »
    How do you find these stuff.:eek: Its a good day out for the LM dolls. ....... to be young again :cry:

Tumblr is always your freind ;):D
    http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/little%20mix

The Jesy doll actually has a REALLY pretty face :eek:, by far the best looking LM doll! lol

CYL #31 in the midweeks, it's still #32 on iTunes so it's holding up quite well. Really looking forward to what they perform on Graham Norton tomorrow, if it's CYL that might give the song another boost, but I think they will perform HYD as it's just been announced as the next single.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hahaha Lovely Tumblr.

I'm just watching Spice Girls videos....I'm finding things very similar.
    Wannabe & Wings. Dancing having a good time. You got Spice girls with the iconic stairs and Little Mix dancing in front of the flag (it could be iconic).
    Then. Say You'll Be There & DNA. They both went a bit sexy. Love tying up men with rope :D

Edit: Yeah, I'm bit bored
    Whats the possibility of them doing a song for their mums?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

lol a pretty good read.

Who are the 2 kids in the piece?

Those doll faces look a lot better in those photos than the publicity pics.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aldu wrote: »
    I just read about the upcoming US storms and flight cancellations. Hopefully this will not disrupt our girls agenda to the US.

The current GFS long range forecast shows next weekend to be cold and possibly windy on a departing storm but there are no storms for several days after. Weather Geek in da house.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://twitter.com/Teo_LM/status/309366613180829696/photo/1

Perrie can save me anyday! ;)

EDIT:

Radio 1 are right now playing DNA for the 2nd time today! :D
  • Options
    davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    at the moment wings is number 1 on Egypt iTunes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I posted the Perrie pic already ;)

On the 2nd picture I really hope this doesn't sound pervy lol :o But to me it looks like the bottom half of Leigh's costume is a wee bit see through? As it looks like you can see the outline of her thong? :o As that was the first thing I noticed when I looked at the pic lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure about the outline of her thong but that label is so noticeable :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back to the dolls with a very clear pic of Perrie's hair:

http://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/news/local/fans-in-the-little-mix-at-tesco-1-4856152

Are those bobble head dolls or something?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was a photoshoot

Edit: I think it's a photoshoot
This discussion has been closed.