Little Mix Discussion Thread - singles & upcoming debut album (Part 5)

Comments

• casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #27 Change Your Life

Chart Run: 36-31-12-14-19-27 [6 wks]

#37 DNA album

Just hanging in the Top 40! Sounds like its time to release another single.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    One of the boys out of The Mend just said their most famous person in their phone is Jesy. He also looks very similar to Jordan (imo). He's the one on the right http://talent.itv.com/_uploads/imgsrv/article-size/_uploads/userassets/images/tagsepisodetwo/mendbgt.jpg, so I'm assuming its him Jesy has 'been getting close' with but I don't believe that she's been getting close with him while she's been going out with Jordan though unless they've been getting close as friends.

Edit: when asked which one he'd 'pick' he said Jesy ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    WHY oh why don't the management let them shoot the video in LA? :( The ones they do in London always end up tacky

I don't think it matters where you shoot it, it's the final production that's what's important.

Didn't Amelia shoot her debut video in LA? Tbh I think it's pretty boring, and I much prefer her 2nd one. I'm not sure where Cher Lloyd shot her With Ur Love video (the original one) but that's something I'd like to see LM do - fun, colourful, a bit vintage and urban.

The only LM video I really like is Wings, DNA seems quite cheap and I don't even see the CYL video as a proper music video.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even though I dont like the song that much I like the DNA video the best. They at least attempted a storyline and a setting.

What's the fascination with LA anyway? Its pretty brown out here 9 months out of the year.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Even though I dont like the song that much I like the DNA video the best. They at least attempted a storyline and a setting.

What's the fascination with LA anyway? Its pretty brown out here 9 months out of the year.

I agree, it's for sure their best I think its wicked. I think CYL is cute but its not proper and Wings is a bit of a mess but it's so adorable and happy and always puts a smile on my face.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    old mixer wrote: »
    :D:D

But who on earth is Simon Belotti?? --- ( I must be further out of the loop than I thought!!)

This is Simon Belotti! Well not really but...

http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/local/10263940.Secret_superstar_s_Saturday_Night_Takeaway/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, it's for sure their best I think its wicked. I think CYL is cute but its not proper and Wings is a bit of a mess but it's so adorable and happy and always puts a smile on my face.

CYL screams "the original idea didnt work out, quick let's throw some behind the scenes footage in and appease the fanbase".

Wings would have been stronger if they had just shown more of the dance routine in front of the Union Jack!!! If they are going to have group dancing in the next video, we want to see it.
    Forum Member
    Rayforever wrote: »
    Here are some details that someone posted on twitter
    https://twitter.com/elspethandie1/status/308196500247289856/photo/1

So this pretty much confirms it's HYD (there's also a probability it's SS as well). If it is in fact HYD, this will be the 4th single they co-written (even though there are like 20 other writers :rolleyes:). It may not be all "credible" for the girls but I think they do get more money from their singles since they all have writing credits for all their singles so far (bar Cannonball). This should make them a little bit richer than they would've been without the credits :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So does anyone think it wont be Single #4 performed on Graham Norton's marathon? It seems likely they will do a CiN-style guerilla performance esp. if they're going to the US the next week.
    Forum Member
    So does anyone think it wont be Single #4 performed on Graham Norton's marathon? It seems likely they will do a CiN-style guerilla performance esp. if they're going to the US the next week.

Now that you've said it, I actually think it's highly possible now. The performance is aired on 7th March, and the shoot is taking place on 8th, so the performance could be good advertisement for the shoot (to draw more applicants etc) since it's unpaid :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, the production team will need to have all their ducks in a row days before the 7th if they are starting bright and early on the 8th.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me why its so great to shoot a video in Los Angeles.

Its funny comparing the 1D fun video to the LM fun video. 1D sort of amble along aimlessly but the LM girls are still intense when having fun. Its what I like about their persona as a group.
    Forum Member
    http://www.popjustice.com/forum/threads/28485-Little-Mix-How-Ya-Doin-(Single)
    Popjustice is not a fan of the single choice lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justice 4 Stereo Soldier

Love Drunk, Make You Believe and Pretend Its OK please.
  • aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Unpaid"??? Syco how cheap can you be?!?

I hope they also have a supergraphic on their US tour bus although they may have to do a lot of flying, so I dont know how that will work out. I was really disappointed they didnt have a decorated bus for their own DNA concert tour, for goodness sake.

Unpaid but gr8 exposure.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^Tell that to the people who were filmed for the original CYL music video!

Personal aside: Since my vocation is also subject to lots of "do a ton of work for free but its for your portfolio!" come ons, I am really averse to this. Pay people if you want quality and treat them professionally if you are expecting professional work for heavens sake.

Coincidentally I hear the Sats are filming their music video a few days prior.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^Tell that to the people who were filmed for the original CYL music video!

Personal aside: Since my vocation is also subject to lots of "do a ton of work for free but its for your portfolio!" come ons, I am really averse to this. Pay people if you want quality and treat them professionally if you are expecting professional work for heavens sake.

Coincidentally I hear the Sats are filming their music video a few days prior.

I learned that the more u beg for money whenever u get a studio session or gig, the less opportunities u get...

On another note, u mentioned about 'Wings' not having enough routines, which is true.
    I just hope we get that break right in the middle of HYD the girls showed whilst touring very along with their dancers. THAT wud be cool...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Professionals treat others professionally and seriously. Its the others that take advantage of "do it for nothing while I profit off of your efforts" (because we arent talking a charity gig here). At least thats been my experience.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nooneoo wrote: »
    http://www.popjustice.com/forum/threads/28485-Little-Mix-How-Ya-Doin-(Single)
    Popjustice is not a fan of the single choice lol.

Well tough!
    I like the song, and it might draw a wider audience ie the late 30+ and most importantly the gay community.
    I would have preferred MYB, but hey, they've got an album to sell and make sure to keep their name on the scene...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yea the only other options outside of HYD is SS/LD with the funky party thing.

If we either got the dance routine or an added rap, that would be neat.

If the fourth single is a ballad as rumored, I am seriously wanting "case closed" or "turn your face".

IF Stooshe went back to the original Stooshe and not the old school "black heart" version....that might allow LM to back to the original idea of "old school" for album 2.
  • old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aldu wrote: »
    Well tough!
    I like the song, and it might draw a wider audience ie the late 30+ and most importantly the gay community.
    I would have preferred MYB, but hey, they've got an album to sell and make sure to keep their name on the scene...

I'm curious -- Why most importantly the gay community?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For all we know, the intention may be to keep spinning off singles from the album ad infinitum, which might explain the low promo budget for each individually. That could work if you are just trying to show off the variety and boost the album sales. I'd actually be on board for that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IF Stooshe went back to the original Stooshe and not the old school "black heart" version....that might allow LM to back to the original idea of "old school" for album 2.

I really don't think LM are going to be influenced by what other girl groups are doing..:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For all we know, the intention may be to keep spinning off singles from the album ad infinitum, which might explain the low promo budget for each individually. That could work if you are just trying to show off the variety and boost the album sales. I'd actually be on board for that.

The girls have said they would like to release as many singles as they could from the album.... So who knows??:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm curious -- Why most importantly the gay community?

Gays buy a lot of music, and they go clubbing a lot (keeps songs playing in clubs). Plus they are usually DINCs - Double Income No Children so they have discretionary money.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't think LM are going to be influenced by what other girl groups are doing..:confused:

No I ment. At one point the girls stated they wanted to do old shool vibe. Which they did with HYD/cc but it seemed like something changed so we can only assume that was part of it.

As far as TYF, if that becomes a single then all they could do is just make it a video of them sitting and singing.
This discussion has been closed.