Options

Result Show: ***SPOILER!!!***

2»

Comments

• Options
    bingoesbingoes Posts: 4,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you tube can do it better - check out the look on Jenny From The Block face at 3.35 'shite this bloke is nuts' look :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNiBkgOOQbw

and the others

Stevie 'it's a beautiful thing'
    Randy 'why am i still doing this'
  • Options
    Candy StoreCandy Store Posts: 5,125
    Forum Member
    What a superbly OTT show :D even by American standards.

I felt embarrassed for the great Mr Wonder but the whole show was so surreal it was priceless.

Hulk Hogan? WTF?

The save was so obviously planned but I don't think they bargained with Casey's reaction which was TV gold. :D At one point, after he came back to the stage from hugging his parents, I thought he was going to give Ryan a BJ.
  • Options
    bingoesbingoes Posts: 4,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a superbly OTT show :D even by American standards.

I felt embarrassed for the great Mr Wonder but the whole show was so surreal it was priceless.

Hulk Hogan? WTF?

The save was so obviously planned but I don't think they bargained with Casey's reaction which was TV gold. :D At one point, after he came back to the stage from hugging his parents, I thought he was going to give Ryan a BJ.

Ha Ha :D exactly. So funny, I was laughing when the Great Stevie Wonder was singing happy birthday and the girls came on with a huge cake and one was holding up some sorta arts and craft card with Tylers face on it. And then the drama with Casey, hilarious.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught up with the results and I was SO shocked! I had an awful feeling Thia would be bottom even though she smashed Love Is A Like A Heatwave (as that song is infamous in making anyone who sings it on AI end up in the bottom) but Stefano! :eek: He's got a brilliant voice and is the best of the wildcards imo! Though I dislike him, Casey going was certainly a shock of Chris Daughtry/Jennifer Hudson levels tbh. I will admit I was ELATED he went, but really pissed off they wasted the save on him. Imo, his performance this week was his best, if he's voted out from that, he's one slip-up away from going for good. Last year when Michael was saved, he stayed far too long :( I would rather the save was used for when James or Thia inevitably go before they should.
  • Options
    ladygardenerladygardener Posts: 2,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best thing about them using the save on Casey - who I don't particularly like - is that they can't use it on James, who I definitely dislike.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The best thing about them using the save on Casey - who I don't particularly like - is that they can't use it on James, who I definitely dislike.
    PMSL. That was the first thing that crossed my mind when they saved Casey. Well, as soon as I'd recovered from witnessing what happened after Casey was saved :D

Sadly, I don't think James will be in trouble until into the top 5 by which time they couldn't use the save anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just caught up with the results and I was SO shocked! I had an awful feeling Thia would be bottom even though she smashed Love Is A Like A Heatwave (as that song is infamous in making anyone who sings it on AI end up in the bottom) but Stefano! :eek: He's got a brilliant voice and is the best of the wildcards imo! Though I dislike him, Casey going was certainly a shock of Chris Daughtry/Jennifer Hudson levels tbh. I will admit I was ELATED he went, but really pissed off they wasted the save on him. Imo, his performance this week was his best, if he's voted out from that, he's one slip-up away from going for good. Last year when Michael was saved, he stayed far too long :( I would rather the save was used for when James or Thia inevitably go before they should.

I agree about Thia. She's the most vocally consistent of all of them but I think she's suffering from being known to have been an auditionee on AGT (even though all the finalists this year but Thia, Scotty and Lauren are previous AI auditionees, this hasn't been as widely covered in the media ............... surprise surprise :rolleyes: ) in the same way as Allison Iraheta suffered from being known to have already been the winner of another albeit minor TV talent show.

I don't know what you're hearing when Stefano sings. He can hold a tune (can't they all?) but there is nothing brilliant about his voice as such. His tone is like many others, he has an average range and little power or flexibility. He doesn't have anything that makes him different or memorable as a performer or personality either .................... unless you count being seriously injured by a drunk driver and then being caught drunk driving himself.

Chris Daughtry I agree with in terms of talent and potential (though why people were so shocked by his exit in top 4 week I don't know, seeing as he had already been bottom two in top 7 week) but I didn't think Jennifer's exit was such a shock at the time. The bottom three that week was a shock but out of the three girls called, Jennifer was most obvious exit. Jennifer's best moments came in the auditions and obviously in the years after the show. Her live show performances were quite disappointing. I'd put Carly Smithson, Michael Johns and Constantine Maroulis' early exits as more surprising and would have put Casey's exit in that group too. His performance this week was far from his best and he was the first on which never helps anyone when there are still this amount of contestants left.

I was glad that they saved Michael last year. He didn't deserve to go out in the week he was bottom and unless I'm getting the weeks the wrong way around he then went onto give the best performance of the week in Elvis week.

I wasn't too sure about Matt being saved the year before. I thought he'd run his course and his save resulted in the far superior Anoop going out the following week (together with Lil who had been another of those contestants who was great until the live shows started).

James can't go before he should as far as I'm concerned but, as I've said, my first thought when they used the save on Casey was that at least it's now not there to be used on James (who was my tip for the save to be used on from the start but who I wanted out from the start) but now I don't think he'll be in trouble before the top 5 and they wouldn't be able to use the save by then anyway.
  • Options
    Grand DizzyGrand Dizzy Posts: 7,369
    Forum Member
    Best results show EVER!

The Hulk Hogan and Stevie Wonder bits were brilliant. But the drama with Casey was simply amazing.

I’m delighted that Casey was saved. Shocked that so many people don’t like him! :eek:

Casey is my favourite, and a hugely talented lad. He can sing well, but it’s not so much his voice that I love, it’s his incredible stage presence, his cheeky personality, the strength of his performances, his diverse musical skill, his quirkiness, originality and the artistic choices he makes.

Put simply, I think he’s an all-round entertainer and a natural born star, and he gets me excited. (And I’m a straight man.) I’ve thoroughly loved every one of his performances, including Smells Like Teen Spirit, which I thought was fantastic.

This thread seems full of really negative people! The top 11 are all superb in my opinion, and were rightfully chosen by the American public becuase they’re really good. My least favourite is Scotty, who at 17 doesn’t seem to have the life experience to back up the style of songs he sings. But having siad that he can obviously sing well and people like him, so fair enough.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What an amazing show! Best results show ever! Simon Cowell go jump!
  • Options
    Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hard to tell exactly how contrived it was, but Casey's reaction was certainly genuine, he was absolutely in pieces, great television, already one of my favourite ever AI moments!

I'm glad they used the save, a) to get it out of the way (I think it's a dull gimmick that's never really worked), and b) because Casey is genuinely different, and brings something new to the show, though I think he'd started to believe he was invincible, and hopefully this will be the wake-up call he needs to get back to how great he was in the early stages...
  • Options
    linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jlrob wrote: »
    What an amazing show! Best results show ever! Simon Cowell go jump!

It was. I watched it again over the weekend and still had a silly grin on my fave with the wrestling segment. :D

I actually don't even think about Simon until he gets mentioned on the forums. Guess that shows he's not missed by me at all :p

I agree, Metal Mickey, about the save now being out of the way. Now the dust has settled, I'm not bothered that it's been used on Casey. And, I would like to see if he can get back on track.
    Hopefully, it will mean that everyone will up their game a little more each week now.
  • Options
    SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hard to tell exactly how contrived it was, but Casey's reaction was certainly genuine, he was absolutely in pieces, great television, already one of my favourite ever AI moments!

I'm glad they used the save, a) to get it out of the way (I think it's a dull gimmick that's never really worked), and b) because Casey is genuinely different, and brings something new to the show, though I think he'd started to believe he was invincible, and hopefully this will be the wake-up call he needs to get back to how great he was in the early stages...

I totally agree with you regarding Casey, I love Casey because he's different/quirky, this is why I think he should do Rocketman this week. Rocketman with his dbl Bass, a nice jazzy version, similar to
    Jamie Cullum's Version :)
  • Options
    Grand DizzyGrand Dizzy Posts: 7,369
    Forum Member
    I’m also glad the save has been used up now.

No more “one of these two could be going home tonight”. Now it will be: “one of these two will be going home tonight”. The drama will be higher.

But I’m not against having the save. It’s useful because every year the American public need reminding that no one is safe and they need to vote to keep their favourite in. So the save protects against losing some of the best contestants too early on.

Stopping Casey mid-song—it all did seem a bit contrived and set up. Especially when you remember that this week’s show had a wresting theme, and it was even mentioned that “it’s all just a performance”. Was that a wink to the audience about the show itself?

But Casey’s reaction was certainly genuine. I’m pretty sure the producers would have engineered his reaction by taking him aside and telling him that if he was voted bottom then there would definitely be no saving him at this stage in the competition. That would be the logical thing for them to do.
  • Options
    linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I’m also glad the save has been used up now.

No more “one of these two could be going home tonight”. Now it will be: “one of these two will be going home tonight”. The drama will be higher.

But I’m not against having the save. It’s useful because every year the American public need reminding that no one is safe and they need to vote to keep their favourite in. So the save protects against losing some of the best contestants too early on.

Stopping Casey mid-song—it all did seem a bit contrived and set up. Especially when you remember that this week’s show had a wresting theme, and it was even mentioned that “it’s all just a performance”. Was that a wink to the audience about the show itself?

But Casey’s reaction was certainly genuine. I’m pretty sure the producers would have engineered his reaction by taking him aside and telling him that if he was voted bottom then there would definitely be no saving him at this stage in the competition. That would be the logical thing for them to do.

Or, in this week's case, these two will be going home tonight!
  • Options
    SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    linnylou wrote: »
    Or, in this week's case, these two will be going home tonight!

Hoping the two will be out of these 4 this week ......

Haley
    Naima
    Thia
    Paul
  • Options
    BatmanLaBatmanBatmanLaBatman Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The lovely (if nowhere near as good as he initally appeared to be) Casey's priceless reaction was the saving grace of the whole embarassingly contrived spectacle.