'Maleficent' - Tim Burton- Based on 'Sleeping Beauty'.

13»

Comments

• dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    What about Tilda Swinton or Cate Blanchett?
    I think Angelina Jolie will be a good casting choice for this.

Cate Blanchett will be playing the evil stepmother in the live action version of Cinderella. Jolie is a good choice, besides all the knives seem to be out for Elle Fanning and for good reason WTF is that accent?
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting fact. The little blonde haired girl running through the field is Angelina's daughter Vivienne!
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ginger Nut wrote: »
    Problems at my end I think. This link needed a page reload for some reason.

Anyhow, whoa that accent grates on the trailer.

Fairly off topic but I'm seeing Jolie as the lead female Sith Lord in Disney's Star Wars outings based on that trailer.

EDIT. Sith Lady doesn't work. :D

The correct term, I'm afraid to say, is Sith Witch...:cool:

By the way, if they don't redo Elle Fanning's dire 'English' accent she's gonna ruin her career, which is a shame because she's a great young actress.
  • Paradise_LostParadise_Lost Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    The correct term, I'm afraid to say, is Sith Witch...:cool:

By the way, if they don't redo Elle Fanning's dire 'English' accent she's gonna ruin her career, which is a shame because she's a great young actress.

I doubt it will ruin her career but the accent definitely needs work. It sounds like an erratic BrummieYank accent. They need to get Michelle Williams or the accent Maven herself, Meryl Streep to teach these young American actresses (and those from other countries) to do a passable accent. They just aren't exposed to the accent(s) enough to do it without competent assistance. They should have just had her use a soft American accent. It's fairy tale land anyway and if English, Australian, and American accents can co-exist there on Once Upon a Time without eyebrows being raised then I don't see the problem. The Disney cartoon classics used American accents anyway. How to Train Your Dragon had Vikings with Scots accents who begot children with American accents (!) but it didn't detract much from it being a great film.
  • Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trailer looks awesome cant wait to see this
    Forum Member
    Hmm... Still think Jolie will be the ONLY reason to see this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lana Del Rey is doing the song 'Once Upon A Dream' for the movie. It's apparently going to be "dark". I cant wait.

I'm still praying the movie is bought forward by a month at least :D (wishful thinking I know)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Hmm... Still think Jolie will be the ONLY reason to see this.

Sounds like two reasons.

Although, can we make jokes like that anymore?
    Forum Member
    Another new trailer. I'm actually kind of excited because it looks like Jolie has perfected the Eleanor Audley voice.

Love the Lana Del Ray cover as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgEdxQ_HzsE
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lana's version of that song is amazing!

I cannot wait for this film. Jolie looks the part and is obviously going to be brilliant!
  • wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,765
    Forum Member
    Sleeping Beauty was always my favourite Disney cartoon so I can't wait for this. And I love Lana Del Rey's version of Once Upon A Dream.
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,326
    Forum Member
    Overall a tad generic-looking. A tad meh.

But Jolie is obviously the selling point and - hurrah! - it looks like she's tearing it up.

Is it posssible to chew CGI scenery? She's having a good go ;-)
  • SandsssSandsss Posts: 3,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maleficent 2 pairs up Pfeiffer with Jolie.