Options

BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 58)

Comments

• Options
    HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    ’d affynon all. :+D
    Afternoon Gemo.:+))))))))))))))))))

That bad leg seems to effecting your typing, what a blow.
  • Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hicky wrote: »
    Afternoon Gemo.:+))))))))))))))))))

That bad leg seems to effecting your typing, what a blow.

… and what is it that affects your reading?

It is my son that has the bad leg. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    … and what is it that affects your reading?

It is my son that has the bad leg. :+p
    Oh, sorry, it was what you said in that post that your daughter had to hold your arm and some more which made me think you and your son had leg problems.
    I know he has, since the accident.

I must have misread it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, sorry, it was what you said in that post that your daughter had to hold your arm and some more which made me think you and your son had leg problems.
    I know he has, since the accident.

I must have misread it.

He’s having it operated on next week so he’s going to the Gala dinner but won’t be able to eat because he’s in hospital the next day. :(
  • Options
    MootleMootle Posts: 35,232
    Forum Member
    Evening All :)

JoJo4 wrote: »
    Evening all and WELCOME BACK MOOTS!

You were missed, you'll see from the thread that several of us were enquiring about your whereabouts - I think I'd forgotten how long the rellies are with you:cool:

You certainly packed a lot into the visit, makes me weary just thinking about it!

When I was a little girl Dudley Zoo was a must do for all holidays, so I've probably been there hundreds of times! Dad used to joke that we ought to have shares in the zoo! I haven't been for ages though and it's half term next week so maybe we'll take the children. I remember the hills though, not sure I fancy those with children in tow, not to mention my gammy knee^_^
    I bet the children would love it! There were 2 parties of schoolkids there, and they were having a wonderful time.
    Morning Everyone.:+))))))))))))))))

A little warmer here today, 14C, may have a little rain though.

Hi Moots.

You don't need any contract to use it, you connect to your broadband Wifi the same as you computer to use that.
    It isn't a phone, just a computer.
    I can get my emails, DS, Gaga, Twitter, Facebook, it's fantastic, and with the screen being a good size the video's look great.
    Because i will have to wrap my home computer and everything up i was worried how i would manage, never thought about these Tablet things but am happy now with this.
    It has a mini SD card socket so i can add more storage than the 16GB that i get with it.
    The screen is 1080P HD so i am delighted with that.

Hi JoJo.:+)))))))))))))))))))

Missed you as i was asleep, go to bed early when i have to get up at 4.30 for work.
    The boss is going to let me start coming in later after the school traffic, he said he would get me picked up from the factory car park and brought in.
    My leg is suffering now as the walk from the car is probably a mile.
    The place is so big.
    In the old days i used to have a pass to drive in but with so many staff and cars there is no room any more to park in the factory.
    Have you actually moved yet Hicky? A mile seems like an awfully long way to walk.:(
    I’ve been there before. Just for a short time. Mr G said that if we went we would have to miss seeing my Mum on the way back … no it wouldn’t be fair on her …

He also said that maybe my son would like to go and would take me but my daughter had to hold my arm because I had trouble with some wonky stone steps (no 3D vision) last time I went and my son also has no 3D vision and a leg that doesn’t work very well so we may fair very well.

I’ll see what the weather is like.
    I know what you mean about the steps! There was quite a gale blowing when we were there, and we had to keep stopping for rests, poor old things. If you do go, please say hi to the little lonely highly intelligent orang utang. Funny, we photographed just about everything but felt it would be insulting to photograph the orang utang (or is it orang utan, I never can remember?).
    The castle is the one in which someone "photographed a ghost" in a doorway recently...:D Maybe, Gemo, you could get a better photo?:D The "ghost" was standing in a door way with a flat top rather than a rounded one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wow, Gemo, your photos are a zillion times better than mine :blush:
  • Options
    EddyBeeEddyBee Posts: 45,607
    Forum Member
    Good morning you lot.

:D
  • Options
    ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    Good Morning All.:)

It is MIL arrival day, my loins are girded, my smile is fixed....:(:(
  • Options
    nowahallanowahalla Posts: 10,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning/afternoon all:)

Sorry to hear your son's leg is still not right Gemo, hope the surgery sorts it for him.

leaves large bottle of brandy for Arte...:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good Morning Everyone.:+))))))))))))))))))

16C here today, feels warmer as well.
    Mootle wrote: »
    Evening All :+)

I bet the children would love it! There were 2 parties of schoolkids there, and they were having a wonderful time.

Have you actually moved yet Hicky? A mile seems like an awfully long way to walk.:+(

I know what you mean about the steps! There was quite a gale blowing when we were there, and we had to keep stopping for rests, poor old things. If you do go, please say hi to the little lonely highly intelligent orang utang. Funny, we photographed just about everything but felt it would be insulting to photograph the orang utang (or is it orang utan, I never can remember?).
    The castle is the one in which someone "photographed a ghost" in a doorway recently...:+D Maybe, Gemo, you could get a better photo?:+D The "ghost" was standing in a door way with a flat top rather than a rounded one.
    Hi Moots.:+))))))))))))

Am supposed to move on the 24th, all being well.
    It is along way to walk, they said they would start picking me up in the van from the car park, didn't way when though.
    EddyBee wrote: »
    Good morning you lot.

:+D
    Morning Eddy.:+)))))))))))))))))
    Artemesia wrote: »
    Good Morning All.:+)

It is MIL arrival day, my loins are girded, my smile is fixed....:+(:+(
    Morning Arte.:+))))))))))))))))
    So they should be.
    nowahalla wrote: »
    Morning/afternoon all:+)

Sorry to hear your son's leg is still not right Gemo, hope the surgery sorts it for him.

leaves large bottle of brandy for Arte...:+D
    Morning Halla.:+))))))))))))))))))
    Takes sip of Brandy, a whole bottle is bad for anyone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Evening All :)

Have you actually moved yet Hicky? A mile seems like an awfully long way to walk.:(

The castle is the one in which someone "photographed a ghost" in a doorway recently...:D Maybe, Gemo, you could get a better photo?:D The "ghost" was standing in a door way with a flat top rather than a rounded one.

Orang utan. I think I’ll only go if the weather is really good… and if my son wants to go. We’d be missing lectures if we went and there may be someone we want to hear.

I saw the ghost pictures on FB – it is quite a spooky place so maybe there are “presences” there. :D
    Wow, Gemo, your photos are a zillion times better than mine :blush:

Thank you. I didn’t take all that many.
    Morning/afternoon all:)

leaves large bottle of brandy for Arte...:D

So do I. He says the pain stops him concentrating so he has been failing to complete the work he’s supposed to be doing for Mr G… and it would nice for him to be pain free again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Good luck. :)

Teeth prepared to bite tongue?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hello All

Sympathy Arte. I bet my BIL can outdo your MIL! He was suffering very badly from what might have been sciatica throughout the holiday and rather resembled a caged wounded lion that refused all offers of help and suggestions that he either get medical help here, or go back early and get it at home..

He is now in hospital back home, being urgently investigated.

My tongue is currently in shreds.....:(
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good Luck ! :D
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello All

Sympathy Arte. I bet my BIL can outdo your MIL! He was suffering very badly from what might have been sciatica throughout the holiday and rather resembled a caged wounded lion that refused all offers of help and suggestions that he either get medical help here, or go back early and get it at home..

Your poor tongue!! Hope your BIL has learnt his lesson!
  • Options
    JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    Morning Everyone.:+))))))))))))))))

A little warmer here today, 14C, may have a little rain though.

Hi Moots.

You don't need any contract to use it, you connect to your broadband Wifi the same as you computer to use that.
    It isn't a phone, just a computer.
    I can get my emails, DS, Gaga, Twitter, Facebook, it's fantastic, and with the screen being a good size the video's look great.
    Because i will have to wrap my home computer and everything up i was worried how i would manage, never thought about these Tablet things but am happy now with this.
    It has a mini SD card socket so i can add more storage than the 16GB that i get with it.
    The screen is 1080P HD so i am delighted with that.

Hi JoJo.:+)))))))))))))))))))

Missed you as i was asleep, go to bed early when i have to get up at 4.30 for work.
    The boss is going to let me start coming in later after the school traffic, he said he would get me picked up from the factory car park and brought in.
    My leg is suffering now as the walk from the car is probably a mile.
    The place is so big.
    In the old days i used to have a pass to drive in but with so many staff and cars there is no room any more to park in the factory.

I'm glad you're pleased with your purchase! Walk a mile from the car to the office:o Good grief, that must add some time to your working day, never mind your poor joints. They should deffo send a limo for you Hicky, because you're worth it!!
    I’ve been there before. Just for a short time. Mr G said that if we went we would have to miss seeing my Mum on the way back … no it wouldn’t be fair on her …

He also said that maybe my son would like to go and would take me but my daughter had to hold my arm because I had trouble with some wonky stone steps (no 3D vision) last time I went and my son also has no 3D vision and a leg that doesn’t work very well so we may fair very well.

I’ll see what the weather is like.

Can we both go on the same day please Gemo, you'll make a wonderful comedy double act:D Joking apart I hope they manage to sort your son's leg, such a same as he's only a young man and needs two good legs and no pain.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hello All

Sorry - forgot to say good evening all last time.

I wouldn't fancy scaling the hills of Dudley Zoo with a painful back - silly man is paying for it now. Hope they can sort him out soon, poor soul.

You and Arte are twin tongue chomping queens:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm glad you're pleased with your purchase! Walk a mile from the car to the office:+o Good grief, that must add some time to your working day, never mind your poor joints. They should deffo send a limo for you Hicky, because you're worth it!!

Can we both go on the same day please Gemo, you'll make a wonderful comedy double act:+D Joking apart I hope they manage to sort your son's leg, such a same as he's only a young man and needs two good legs and no pain.
    Evening JoJo.:+)))))))))))))))

I'm getting more and more apps from the app store, considering there is an app for just about everything going it's great, getting all the tv programs and radio stns is so handy.

Will have to ask when they are going to pick me up as the walk does take a bit of time, but at the moment i get to work 2 1/2 hours early so the walk doesn't matter how long it takes really, but they are going to let me start at 10am soon.
  • Options
    EddyBeeEddyBee Posts: 45,607
    Forum Member
    Good morning you lot.

:D
  • Options
    nowahallanowahalla Posts: 10,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning Eddy, morning all :)

Gardeners are here. They appear to be ripping out most of the garden, including digging up the lawn. Apparently the landlord has decided that it needs sprucing up. I thought it was looking rather nice actually. What do I know! Ah well, it'll give me something to watch... Kitty is unimpressed as they've just dug out her favourite bush :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad you're pleased with your purchase! Walk a mile from the car to the office:o Good grief, that must add some time to your working day, never mind your poor joints. They should deffo send a limo for you Hicky, because you're worth it!!

Can we both go on the same day please Gemo, you'll make a wonderful comedy double act:D Joking apart I hope they manage to sort your son's leg, such a same as he's only a young man and needs two good legs and no pain.

We could tumble down the steps together. :o

It would be wonderful if they sort his leg. Everyone cross their fingers on Monday please. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good morning, all. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi de hi Lurkers :D

Sorry - forgot to say good evening all last time.

I wouldn't fancy scaling the hills of Dudley Zoo with a painful back - silly man is paying for it now.
    Hope they can sort him out soon, poor soul.

You and Arte are twin tongue chomping queens:D

The poor guy was in too much pain to do anything except sit in the car, while my sister and I gadded about. He wouldn't go home early, or get help here, and insisted on going out each day. It was the most surreal experience of my life :(
    He is due to have a steroid injection into his spine, but I am convinced there is more wrong with him than a simple disc lesion. The neurosurgeon he saw didn't even bother to examine him, and just relied on results of nerve conduction studies and the MRI scan - what IS the world coming to!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good Morning Everyone.:+))))))))))))

17C here, not bad really/
    EddyBee wrote: »
    Good morning you lot.

:+D
    Morning Eddy.:+)))))))))))))))))
    Morning Eddy, morning all :+)

Gardeners are here. They appear to be ripping out most of the garden, including digging up the lawn. Apparently the landlord has decided that it needs sprucing up. I thought it was looking rather nice actually. What do I know! Ah well, it'll give me something to watch... Kitty is unimpressed as they've just dug out her favourite bush :+D
    Morning Halla.:+))))))))))))))))
    Great, hate lawns.
    Good morning, all. :+)
    Morning Gemo.:+))))))))))))))))
    Hi de hi Lurkers :+D

The poor guy was in too much pain to do anything except sit in the car, while my sister and I gadded about. He wouldn't go home early, or get help here, and insisted on going out each day. It was the most surreal experience of my life :+(
    He is due to have a steroid injection into his spine, but I am convinced there is more wrong with him than a simple disc lesion. The neurosurgeon he saw didn't even bother to examine him, and just relied on results of nerve conduction studies and the MRI scan - what IS the world coming to!!
    Morning Moots.:+))))))))))))))
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We could tumble down the steps together. :o

It would be wonderful if they sort his leg. Everyone cross their fingers on Monday please. :)

We could - I've never been great with steps even when I had 2 perfectly good legs! I'm the least sure footed person I know (apart maybe from Arte!) We could charge the punters for the comedy value!!
    Hi de hi Lurkers :D

The poor guy was in too much pain to do anything except sit in the car, while my sister and I gadded about. He wouldn't go home early, or get help here, and insisted on going out each day. It was the most surreal experience of my life :(

Doesn't sound good does it Moots, poor chap. I have a friend who is currently planning to have a second surgery on her foot - complicated and boring to explain - but given that she's been far worse since the 1st surgery and there are no guarantees for the second, I'm trying to get her to seek a second opinion. I worry that she'll be even worse off and in more pain - not to mention being off her feet for at least 6 weeks:o
This discussion has been closed.