Peter Andre - even more chapters of "his life"

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He will have another story to sell this week, his opinion about Katies getting married to a builder. Will the builder be good around his kids? He loves them you know.
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ella
    Is that the going rate for a column these days? £1,000 per week.:eek: Interesting to know.:)

He must be doing something successfully though. I see a nice house, great cars (many of them) a lot of staff and so on. None of that comes cheap. His tours always seem to be sold out, so maybe they're successful. I don't know how much is profit, but the money must be rolling in from somewhere. :confused:

It doesn't seem to be enough for him, though, does it? Imagine having earned all that money to buy all that stuff, and know that so much of it came from selling out your kids.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    baffled40 wrote: »
    Peace and love for pity's sake! You are really pulling at straws to plot PA's downfall. Get a life! Bad karma man.

Perhaps you could take some time to read the T&C's of this forum which state that you must always treat other users with respect.

Respectfully, you have added nothing to the debate whatsoever and have just resorted to throwing insults; it's a shame but there we go.

As for the youtube clip further up where Pete is on 'Sunrise' saying that the media coverage is a hindrance and he's worried for his children's safety - what beautiful irony. Put yourself and your children on TV and then complain about press attention? Astonishingly stupid.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look, firstly I'm not a "big PA fan", I'm just a realist. Your previous comment sounded as if whatever anyone else said to point out that your statements about PA were incorrect, you were still going to try and find something else negative about him to bring up. Why? Everyone is entitled to their opinion whether good or bad but a bit of balance wouldn't go amiss. He's not the devil, he's a normal human being trying to make the most of his time on earth. You can dislike the way he's doing that but stick to facts rather than spouting nonsense.

All that is happening is that people are expressing an opinion; an opinion that is contrary to yours is not nonsense. Again, take some time out to read the Terms & Conditions and perhaps take some more time to articulate a coherent argument.

Have a lovely day.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps you could take some time to read the T&C's of this forum which state that you must always treat other users with respect.

Respectfully, you have added nothing to the debate whatsoever and have just resorted to throwing insults; it's a shame but there we go.

As for the youtube clip further up where Pete is on 'Sunrise' saying that the media coverage is a hindrance and he's worried for his children's safety - what beautiful irony. Put yourself and your children on TV and then complain about press attention? Astonishingly stupid.

HA! Thanks for my Sunday morning laugh! :D
  • River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizgig wrote: »
    Really? I didn't know they didn't play Jedward - I thought they would be included because they came from Xfactor & that's what gets marketed, plus they are the right age (and have the fanbase). R1 is so repetitive - I'm sure they could squeeze in a Jedward or a PA song, for their fans, instead of playing Rhianna's latest offering 5,000,000 times a day.

The R1 play list is pathetically narrow.

Everytime Jedward realease a new single we Jedward fans bombard the R1 request show to get them to play it. They refuse, mock us, or claim they don't have it. Next single we ask Jedward's record company for comfirmation that R1 have been sent the single, R1 claim the don't have it. We say but we know that you do! Is this a REQUEST show or not?
    So far we have got them to play Lipstick, Young Love, and Luminous (twice)

we start again with Happens in the Dark next week I guess.

I was interested in Peter's decision to not bother releasing a single from his album because lack of radio play would mean it would chart poorly. I think he had an excellent point. He seems to have the same problem as the twins, radio shows will have them in for an interview but won't play their tracks. How rude!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's it, it must be the reality show that is paying so well. :) He also has an eau de toilette or aftershave on the market. Maybe that brings in money. He must be flogging something (I am asking for trouble saying that:eek:) but I wonder what it is. ..................... night night. :)

Yes, we all know what it is he's flogging.

I wouldn't imagine his 'music' brings in much after costs but I'm sure the show pays well. That with all the endless tat he endorses and flogs - clothes, insania perfumes, calendars, books, fakebake, bakefake, on it goes - probably adds a reasonable few quid. Mag interviews and personal appearances a few more. Add endlesss freebies to that - hols in Dubai, possibly cars etc etc. Income from his coffee empire can't be huge after costs but combined with all the rest, more than enough to keep things ticking over and Pete living the life.

Karl is supplied by CAN so part of his management costs, his bros feature in the show so I would imagine are paid for that. I'm sure he's very wealthy but there's nothing overtly extravagant about his life, just an impression created by the show which likes to present him as some deposed orange king waiting to reclaim his rightful throne, with all his little minions running around after him choosing his clothes, tying his shoes, making sure he has a wee and a clean hanky before he leaves the palace to greet his waiting public.
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For those concerned that Pete's on the breadline this gives an estimate of his net worth http://www.therichest.org/celebnetworth/celeb/singer/peter-andre-net-worth/ .
    Don't know how it breaks down but off the top of my head let's guess how it's made up:
    Music: not a one hit wonder as article lays out but a string of hit albums. He also writes and produces for other artists. Just because some posters don't like his music doesn't mean he doesn't have a fanbase.
    TV work: e.g reality shows, Odd one in, Here to Help, Bad Boyfriends Club, Chat show, This morning, IMACGMOOH
    Merchandising: calenders, perfumes, clothes, books
    Endorsements and appearances: eg FakeBake, Gala Bingo
    Media work: New column, interviews
    Business Interests: Go wild deals website, coffee chain
    Property portfolio and investments

Easy to see how that could all add up. The charge will now undoubtedly be how dare he use his fame to earn money in this way but to me it shows someone with a strong work ethic using the opportunities available to him to provide for his family.

As for 'selling' his children, they are paid for their appearances in his reality show and will have a nest egg for the future, you'll have to ask them further down the line whether they feel used or grateful for this. From watching the shows they usually appear to be having fun and don't seem under any coercion to take part but for good or ill it's always been a part of their lives.

I'm all for everyone staying on topic and debating the facts rather than attacking other posters, that's certainly not what I'm on here to do. Works both ways though ...
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter Andre's net worth is £16 million, he apparently has two mansions, one worth 2 million, the other worth 2.5 million, two cars, a ferrarri and a porsche 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    Peter Andre's net worth is £16 million, he apparently has two mansions, one worth 2 million, the other worth 2.5 million, two cars, a ferrarri and a porsche 911

We all know he is making money selling his "life" and his kids' privacy.

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't measure a person's value buy what they have bought. I am more interested in what they have sold to gain it.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We all know he is making money selling his "life" and his kids' privacy.

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't measure a person's value buy what they have bought. I am more interested in what they have sold to gain it.

He is involved with several charities, he was named the UK's hardest working singer a couple of years back after performing to almost 100,000 fans on his 38-date Revelation tour in 2010.

He always appears to be working, whether it's doing interviews or opening a public toilet somewhere, he even works on his music and goes touring.

If you're implying that he has sold his soul to get there, maybe he's happy with that, he's got his own show, he makes music, people pay to go and see him, do you honestly think he gives a toss
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is involved with several charities, he was named the UK's hardest working singer a couple of years back after performing to almost 100,000 fans on his 38-date Revelation tour in 2010.

He always appears to be working, whether it's doing interviews or opening a public toilet somewhere, he even works on his music and goes touring.

If you're implying that he has sold his soul to get there, maybe he's happy with that, he's got his own show, he makes music, people pay to go and see him, do you honestly think he gives a toss

Actually, it's not his soul I am worried about.

And given the amount of times he has said it, we all know it burns him deeply that he is not seen as a serious musician. So, I think he gives a toss.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    For those concerned that Pete's on the breadline this gives an estimate of his net worth http://www.therichest.org/celebnetworth/celeb/singer/peter-andre-net-worth/ .
    Don't know how it breaks down but off the top of my head let's guess how it's made up:
    Music: not a one hit wonder as article lays out but a string of hit albums. He also writes and produces for other artists. Just because some posters don't like his music doesn't mean he doesn't have a fanbase.
    TV work: e.g reality shows, Odd one in, Here to Help, Bad Boyfriends Club, Chat show, This morning, IMACGMOOH
    Merchandising: calenders, perfumes, clothes, books
    Endorsements and appearances: eg FakeBake, Gala Bingo
    Media work: New column, interviews
    Business Interests: Go wild deals website, coffee chain
    Property portfolio and investments

Easy to see how that could all add up. The charge will now undoubtedly be how dare he use his fame to earn money in this way but to me it shows someone with a strong work ethic using the opportunities available to him to provide for his family.

As for 'selling' his children, they are paid for their appearances in his reality show and will have a nest egg for the future, you'll have to ask them further down the line whether they feel used or grateful for this. From watching the shows they usually appear to be having fun and don't seem under any coercion to take part but for good or ill it's always been a part of their lives.

I'm all for everyone staying on topic and debating the facts rather than attacking other posters, that's certainly not what I'm on here to do. Works both ways though ...

Do you have proof of this?

& even if it's true - their Father is worth £16 million and their Mother £30 million so I don't see how they need to be earning money as a nest egg at their age??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't seem to be enough for him, though, does it? Imagine having earned all that money to buy all that stuff, and know that so much of it came from selling out your kids.

This.....^
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »

Them being paid is kind of not the issue, is it? It's certainly not for me anyway, it's the way they're so blatantly exploited and, as they get older, exposed to criticism, some of it harsh, all to bolster his own image. And this from the man who whined earlier in that link about the negative effects of media intrusion on his kids?

I've said this before, I honestly couldn't care less about them featuring on the show, but the tastelessness comes, as with everthing PA-related, from the way they feature, and the way he uses them relentlessly to hit people over the head with how great a father he is. Plus the fact that it exposes them - Junior in particular - to criticism (which I've seen quite a bit of following the last 2 series as he gets more and more camera time.) How is that beneficial to them?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He gave that interview at a time when he was riding on a wave of public sympathy and thought that he wouldnt need to use his kids or ex anymore to get him to where he thinks he deserves to be :rolleyes:
  • Jasmine1970Jasmine1970 Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    From watching all of the Peter Andre and Katie Price shows I think the Andre family are lovely. Peter Andre comes across as a gentleman and seems very grateful to his fans. His tours are very successful so he must be doing something right.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He hardly sells his kids! To hear the talk on here you would think he had his kids performing, his kids doing the whole reality show, doing tours like the Jackson5, the kids being the focus for all interviews. From what I've seen, the kids are in the background on the reality show. They might be there at the dinner table, or it might show you PA helping them with the homework (a normal activity for a kid). Nearly all of his portfolio doesn't involve the kids.
    They will get ridicule when they get older, but I'm afraid most of it will be because of their mother's logged history with vodka bottles, strap-ons & inappropriate fiancés.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizgig wrote: »
    He hardly sells his kids! To hear the talk on here you would think he had his kids performing, his kids doing the whole reality show, doing tours like the Jackson5, the kids being the focus for all interviews. From what I've seen, the kids are in the background on the reality show. They might be there at the dinner table, or it might show you PA helping them with the homework (a normal activity for a kid). Nearly all of his portfolio doesn't involve the kids.
    They will get ridicule when they get older, but I'm afraid most of it will be because of their mother's logged history with vodka bottles, strap-ons & inappropriate fiancés.

They are props in his continual quest to be seen as a man apart.

And they would stand more of a chance of avoiding ridicule if their parents protected rather than ignored their right to privacy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    All that is happening is that people are expressing an opinion; an opinion that is contrary to yours is not nonsense. Again, take some time out to read the Terms & Conditions and perhaps take some more time to articulate a coherent argument.

Have a lovely day.

You too.

I completely accept your comment that I am commenting on posters rather than the post. To that end, other than this response, I do not intend to comment any further.

I initially came across this post on the home page and just read it out of idle curiosity. However I was compelled to comment simply because I didn't like reading what I consider to be very negative comments with no real basis to reality. I'm not a hateful person and my initial comment was given to try and encourage more positivity. It hasn't worked, but I tried :p
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you have proof of this?

& even if it's true - their Father is worth £16 million and their Mother £30 million so I don't see how they need to be earning money as a nest egg at their age??

Actually It says he is worth $16m not £s.. So he hasn't got as much as people think..also that will include his assets not actual cash?.. Wonder how much his kids are worth to his assets
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You too.

I completely accept your comment that I am commenting on posters rather than the post. To that end, other than this response, I do not intend to comment any further.

I initially came across this post on the home page and just read it out of idle curiosity. However I was compelled to comment simply because I didn't like reading what I consider to be very negative comments with no real basis to reality. I'm not a hateful person and my initial comment was given to try and encourage more positivity. It hasn't worked, but I tried :p

I'm sure it's obvious that telling people to 'get a life' and giving no tangible contribution to the debate is hardly encouraging an attitude of positivity.
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually It says he is worth $16m not £s.. So he hasn't got as much as people think..also that will include his assets not actual cash?.. Wonder how much his kids are worth to his assets
    Someone in his management has probably worked it out to be a substantial figure, otherwise,Pete might actually have a bit of care for his kids' long term needs instead of his own and stop pimping them out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 328
    Forum Member

His music is an expensive hobby that he funds himself so I doubt he has anywhere near that.

Also his management take a decent slice of earnings before costs and all those Lady GaGa costumes he wears for his shows don't come cheap.

I would guess he has 2 cars, one property in Cyprus that is rented out to cover his bills. And a property in the UK that has a hefty mortgage on that Katie Price is probably paying for.

TV shows and low end endorsements pay well but not that well.
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaymes wrote: »
    His music is an expensive hobby that he funds himself so I doubt he has anywhere near that.

Also his management take a decent slice of earnings before costs and all those Lady GaGa costumes he wears for his shows don't come cheap.

I would guess he has 2 cars, one property in Cyprus that is rented out to cover his bills. And a property in the UK that has a hefty mortgage on that Katie Price is probably paying for.

TV shows and low end endorsements pay well but not that well.
    They certainly look it!