This is dancing on ice - please vote for the best ice dancer!

coral_janecoral_jane Posts: 64
Forum Member
I can't believe what happened tonight - Ray in the skate-off?? I voted several times but clearly Hayley and Beth have huge fan bases...why are they more popular than Ray? Please vote for the best!

Comments

• pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    I can't vote for the best ice dancer as she was eliminated first.
  • Arwen_EvenstarArwen_Evenstar Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, DOI is a REALITY SHOW.
    Not a technical contest, like say the Olympics.
    So, with DOI you are going to get votes based on popularity.
    Chill out ;)

As for Ray being in the skate off, well did you see his face when he didn't get 4x10s for his flying routine?
    I clearly wasn't the only one who noticed how arrogantly cheesed off he was.
  • musicangelmusicangel Posts: 7,164
    Forum Member
    The best ice dancer is ray and if anyone else wins shows why being axed
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ray is the best
    Shame the GBP can't see that
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    pothuthic wrote: »

That was a real possibility. She had some of Suzanne's ability to do tricks and perform , and age worked for her now - while working against Hayley, Bonnie and Suzanne. We will never know if she could have matched Suzanne or Beth for tricks, or performed well enough to match Hayley and Suzanne, and make the final.
  • JAMESPEARCE91JAMESPEARCE91 Posts: 3,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will be voting for her, don't worry! ;)
  • clivefieldclivefield Posts: 771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am. I am voting for Hayley & Dan. Ray is just too cocky for my liking and has been since the beginning. He is just expecting to win and I loved that he was in the skate off
  • xorosetylerxoxorosetylerxo Posts: 6,674
    Forum Member
    I will be voting for her
  • coral_janecoral_jane Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    I really don't think Ray is any more confident than anyone else. I don't get why some people think him arrogant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »

The Jorgie we saw in her first two performances in her series (which she did not win) had the potential to be even better than Claire or Suzanne, but was let down by the choreography afterwards and was sacrificed in this series for a cheap joke.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    That was a real possibility. She had some of Suzanne's ability to do tricks and perform , and age worked for her now - while working against Hayley, Bonnie and Suzanne. We will never know if she could have matched Suzanne or Beth for tricks, or performed well enough to match Hayley and Suzanne, and make the final.

Her first routine had life in it and was brilliantly performed, it's a shame she didn't get more votes than Joe, Hayley etc
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You said it yourself.

It's "Dancing on Ice" not "Skating on Ice"

I'll be voting for Hayley, and if she is 3rd, I'll vote Beth.
  • clivefieldclivefield Posts: 771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was arrogant and cocky in his first series and just more so now. Cannot wait until he finishes 3rd. Would love to see his face :-)
  • via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reminder.
    I'll be voting for Beth then. :D
  • Arwen_EvenstarArwen_Evenstar Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    coral_jane wrote: »
    I really don't think Ray is any more confident than anyone else. I don't get why some people think him arrogant.

When he didn't get 4x10s for his flying routine he looked really cheesed off. I'm not the only one who mentioned this on here tonight.

Beth however managed to look gracefully disappointed that she wasn't scored higher (when even Chris came out and said she should have been).

Disappointed you didn't get better or annoyed you didn't get a perfect score, I know which one I prefer.
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People can vote for who they want, we're at a stage where everyone's at such a high standard it really doesn't matter who wins and I wish the judges would recognise that - the final should be more about celebrating the past 9 series as a whole rather than pettiness about someone not being a deserving winner etc
  • TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well clearly enough people did not think Ray was the best to pick up the phone and vote for him to get him straight through to the final no conspiracies about it. I won't vote for someone I don't think is the best and it's down to my own reasons why they are or aren't the best and that is for me to make that decision on.

Only thing that could have been an issue tonight is Hayley could have had more of a sympathy vote this week given the injuries to Dan and she was injured as well that may have had an impact with people voting for them rather than some of the others.
  • LesbLesb Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    I will be voting for her
  • Ronell_DavisRonell_Davis Posts: 4,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree the two best Ice Dancers are Ray and Hayley and they should be Final 2
  • coral_janecoral_jane Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    Tiggergirl wrote: »
    Well clearly enough people did not think Ray was the best to pick up the phone and vote for him to get him straight through to the final no conspiracies about it. I won't vote for someone I don't think is the best and it's down to my own reasons why they are or aren't the best and that is for me to make that decision on.

Only thing that could have been an issue tonight is Hayley could have had more of a sympathy vote this week given the injuries to Dan and she was injured as well that may have had an impact with people voting for them rather than some of the others.

Of course. I would never vote for anyone out of sympathy and no doubt the edits are designed to play up injuries, illnesses and other issues that sway the voting - and that's a shame. Unfortunately this has become more a feature of Talent Shows in recent times.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    il be voting HIM to be fair in the history of dancing on ice only Chris Fountain has come close. If he hadnt been an idiot the series would have actually been interesting. Only Chris has ever really come close to Ray and it will be a travesty if Ray does not win
  • Melody.ExEMelody.ExE Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    As for Ray being in the skate off, well did you see his face when he didn't get 4x10s for his flying routine?
    I clearly wasn't the only one who noticed how arrogantly cheesed off he was.

I suppose that comes down to how different people interpret different emotions.

I saw that emotion as being angry at himself for not being able to do something. They've mentioned all along how he's a perfectionist, and if he felt like he made some stupid mistakes, it's surely natural he'd be upset at himself for not doing better, trying harder, if only he'd done XYZ differently etc etc.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You said it yourself.

It's "Dancing on Ice" not "Skating on Ice"

I'll be voting for Hayley, and if she is 3rd, I'll vote Beth.

So why do they wear skates?

It's supposed to be dance combined with skating.
  • big bang theorybig bang theory Posts: 4,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is an entertainment show and people are gonna find different things entertaining, in my opinion I think Hayley is the most entertaining to watch and dancing wise can compete with Ray so I don't think it's as black and white as some people make it out to be.
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    So why do they wear skates?

It's supposed to be dance combined with skating.

Exactly. Dance combined with skating.

Hayley brings more to the ice as a whole package than Ray and Beth. Beth brings more as a whole package than Ray. I'm always left feeling cold.

So, again, as you agree, it's dancing on ice.

Again, I'll be voting Hayley and if she is 3rd, I'll vote Beth.