Time Rita was axed.

PorkchopExpressPorkchopExpress Posts: 5,534
Forum Member
She really is an annoying, silly old boot. Makes everything about herself.

She's had her time, now get rid.

Comments

• NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biatch.
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    I don't know. I kind of enjoy laughing at her horrible acting.
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,957
    Forum Member
    trevon1 wrote: »
    I don't know. I kind of enjoy laughing at her horrible acting.

Yeah she isn't the best actress but Barbara Knox will never be axed she has been on the street for over 40 years and she is over 80 years of age, she will die in the role.
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    Yeah she isn't the best actress but Barbara Knox will never be axed she has been on the street for over 40 years and she is over 80 years of age, she will die in the role.

Actually I thought her acting was quite good tonight. Usually Rita's not good at crying scenes but she did move me tonight. As did David.
  • leopard_printleopard_print Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I though she was brilliant. Nothing wrong with her acting, especially tonight. Shes a slalwart. Far far better than that awful Antony Cotton!!
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danyell wrote: »
    Actually I thought her acting was quite good tonight. Usually Rita's not good at crying scenes but she did move me tonight. As did David.
    Yes, me too.

There are odd occasions when she puts a strange inflexion into her lines, like she's trying too hard, or trying to sound posh or something, but overall I thought she did very well tonight. And her crying puts the likes of Izzy and Dev to shame. :cool:
  • Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They haven't even got the balls to axe Maria there's not a chance we will be spared Rita's acting!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought she was quite clearly drunk.

Although where she was keeping her hipflask as she wobbled around that hospital is anyone's guess.

That doctor who looked like Elmer Fudd with a beard made me chuckle.
    Treating some drunk old biddy who'd only known Tina a few years like she was next of kin.

In the real world, she'd be told to piss off home and mind her own business.
  • MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that I'm not usually impressed with her acting, but the last two episodes she's done really well. She'll never be axed and I like it that way. Gotta hold on to the long running characters!
  • Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    Marcusjll wrote: »
    I agree that I'm not usually impressed with her acting, but the last two episodes she's done really well. She'll never be axed and I like it that way. Gotta hold on to the long running characters!

Agreed.:)
  • BWBIDHBWBIDH Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Yeah, her acting was pretty good tonight. Especially in the scene where her and David went in to see Tina after she died.
  • TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must be the only one that thought Barbara Knox's acting is complete shite then >:(
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awww poor Reet. I've just finished watching it now and she made me fill up when she was supposed to be talking to the newly dead Tina :(:cry: David too actually.

Reet's right, Tina was too stubborn for her own good!
  • Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    Barbara Knox is untouchable she will never get axed.
  • MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TrishaS wrote: »
    I must be the only one that thought Barbara Knox's acting is complete shite then >:(

obviously not considering other people in this same thread have said the same.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe it's time for her to drive off into the sunset .

But not straight after being in The Rovers ;)
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure Barbara is one of the actors who was told she would never be axed and would be allowed to carry on as long as she felt fit enough to do it.
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was waiting for that false eyelash to slip further with all the crying.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    i've read somewhere that she's contracted for life or as long as she wants to stay on the show
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TrishaS wrote: »

Most certainly not. Its about time she done the decent thing and retire.
  • grauniadgrauniad Posts: 7,954
    Forum Member
    Rumour has it that she goes at Xmas. After downing 12 gins before lunch, she falls asleep in front of a 3bar fire and melts into a mound of molten wax.
  • VashettiVashetti Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, she looks unbelievable for her age.
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Vashetti wrote: »
    To be fair, she looks unbelievable for her age.

I know! It's 50 years in December since she first appeared as a mate for Dennis! So she would have only been 31 then, then she came back 8 years later in 1972.
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Yes, me too.

There are odd occasions when she puts a strange inflexion into her lines, like she's trying too hard, or trying to sound posh or something, but overall I thought she did very well tonight. And her crying puts the likes of Izzy and Dev to shame. :cool:

Yes Devs crys are hilarious! What with his constant sniffing. :D
  • LaurawhittzLaurawhittz Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The scene tonight where she reacted to tinas death and sat with her in the room was the only 1 I though was good and had genuine emotion!