Options

Ambitions

McPheeMcPhee Posts: 4,646
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What realistic ambition do you have, that you mean to achieve at some point in your life?

Mine is to skydive, and also to learn to fly (in a plane).

Comments

• Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly dont think i have any .... is that sad ???

I have recently made a move to the country, which is something i always wanted to do, and i jacked in the job i had in the City and now have a more relaxing local job - so this year has been momentous.

All i want out of life is to be happy, health and continue to have the love of my husband :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,786
    Forum Member
    McPhee wrote:
    What realistic ambition do you have, that you mean to achieve at some point in your life?

To do an honest day's work without drifting off into DS and MSN every 5 mins... no, wait, sorry - that's totally unachievable.
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Porcupine wrote:
    I honestly dont think i have any .... is that sad ???

I have recently made a move to the country, which is something i always wanted to do, and i jacked in the job i had in the City and now have a more relaxing local job - so this year has been momentous.

All i want out of life is to be happy, health and continue to have the love of my husband :o
    Me, too. I wanted a house by the sea and we've managed to achieve that. I'd just like to be healthy and happy with my OH.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't have any - is that wrong? :eek:
  • Options
    ChieChie Posts: 4,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always wanted to do one of those PADDY courses and go diving.. but never bothered.

I'd love to go sky diving as well :)

I want to travel all over the world. New Zealand, New York, Hawaii, all those lovely places. And maybe go back packing or something as well (only if there's nothing that can lay eggs in my head).

One day I'd like to have children. I'd take them to Disney World, and Lapland at Christmas.

My biggest ambition is just to be really, really good at everthing I do and be the best that I can be :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    to have chuildren and provide them a secure upbringing! thats about it for me!

i do have some smaller ambitious like getting the job im going for tonight!

but most of my ambitions add up to one thing
  • Options
    occasional postoccasional post Posts: 6,435
    Forum Member
    I think like many others I've found what I want from life. Its the love and future with my lovely OH and our family.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cindyc wrote:
    I really don't have any - is that wrong? :eek:

Me neither. I've done everything I've ever wanted to do!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    McPhee wrote:

The only barrier between me and my ambition is money....money and time....the two barriers between me and my ambition are money and time and being bothered....the three barriers are money, time and being bothered...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    beneneuman wrote:
    Me neither. I've done everything I've ever wanted to do!
    What? Really, really?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long before someone says "swim with dolphins"? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to swim with dolphins.

Nah, not really... can't even swim. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cindyc wrote:
    How long before someone says "swim with dolphins"? :rolleyes:
    :D

I'd like to see a taping of The Late Show, be able to buy a small, cheap house in need of a lot of work and do it up over a few years. I can do some stuff, but I'd love to go on a plastering course and then do it myself etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    McPhee wrote:
    What? Really, really?

Yep! Learned to drive, bought a house, lived in America, been to Orlando, Florida, seen all the bands I've ever wanted to see in concert, been on telly, been in the newspaper... not got anything left I want to do now! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    beneneuman wrote:
    Yep! Learned to drive, bought a house, lived in America, been to Orlando, Florida, seen all the bands I've ever wanted to see in concert, been on telly, been in the newspaper... not got anything left I want to do now! :)
    You don't want to go to space? Or see a film you've never caught yet? Or eat a certain dish? Or anything?

I can't even imagine not having something that I want to do!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    McPhee wrote:
    You don't want to go to space? Or see a film you've never caught yet? Or eat a certain dish? Or anything?

I can't even imagine not having something that I want to do!

Well, I want to watch Dragon's Den on BBC2 tonight. Does that count? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    beneneuman wrote:
    Well, I want to watch Dragon's Den on BBC2 tonight. Does that count? :)
    Yeah, pretty much. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    McPhee wrote:
    Yeah, pretty much. :D

yay! McPhee's helped me get an ambition!! I'll have to look you up for a new ambition tomorrow! ;)
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    I still harbour an ambition to be lead guitarist in The Clash and marry Joe Strummer - think I can cross both of those off my list now :(

Other than that, I don't really have any major amibitions, just to, hopefully, carry on in the happy place I seem to be in my life at the moment.

Oh, being able to cook something someone would actually want to eat would be pretty nice :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes, I intend to own my own horse at some point too. I've ridden and looked after horses through out my life, but have never had my own.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really , really want to make a difference,through campaigning, to people who fall victim to injustices within Criminal Justice Systems.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    McPhee wrote:

At the age of 13 I set myself my ambitions.
    Firstly I satisfied my dad he wanted me to do an apprentiship as an electrician, so I did it, when I presented him with the papers he patted me on the head and said `Well Done`.
    I then announced that I would now be doing the job I really want to do `To work in Television`this I did all my life, I never got a pat on the head for it, I did`nt need it.
    It took me everywhere in the world, I saw everything, did everything, met everyone and had the time of my life and, I ended up with my own production company.
    I have retired now, I am happy that all my ambitions have been fulfilled, I have money to spend and still travel.
    I firmly beleave that "Anyone Can Do Anything If They Really want".
    Its been a wonderful life and continues.

Heiko