Sunday Mirror's Kevin Sullivan on Love Island- A MUST READ!!!

bom-jiggybom-jiggy Posts: 15,953
Forum Member
✭✭
:D:D:D

You've got to read this :). It's short and sweet :). Below are some tasters to whet your appetite :o :
"I'm looking forward to being able to have a conversation without the whole of the UK knowing about it," droned baritone Bianca, who clearly hadn't been told about the dismal viewing figures.
"What's three times three?" asked A-grade weirdo Kelle Bryan in the last of the useless games that did so little to alleviate the pervasive sense of boredom.

"Six," ventured Bianca, at 19 a shining testament to Britain's much maligned educational system.
Idiotic clich queen Sophie Anderton -of course - wasn't in a rubbish TV show. She was on "a journey". To the asylum, I suspect. Where she'll meet loony Lee "Harvey" Otway who, sadly, ballroom Brendan Cole only punched six times.

Link to article.

Oh, and Lee also claims to have "got it on" with Lawler at his hotel room :rolleyes:

Link here.

Comments

• dsnikdsnik Posts: 6,800
    Forum Member
    bom-jiggy wrote:
    Oh, and Lee also claims to have "got it on" with Lawler at his hotel room :rolleyes:

Link here.

Cheers for the links bom

I liked these words of wisdom from the little man
    "But so what if I like Moulin Rouge and Titanic and if I'm not ashamed to cry? I have snogged my male friends on a night out for a laugh."
  • bom-jiggybom-jiggy Posts: 15,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dsnik wrote:
    Cheers for the links bom

I liked these words of wisdom from the little man
    "But so what if I like Moulin Rouge and Titanic and if I'm not ashamed to cry? I have snogged my male friends on a night out for a laugh."

You've just got to laugh :)
  • new_rosenew_rose Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, quite funny.
    Love Island was quite good but the problem with show was the contrived concept of 'celebrities' finding love - this always made the show look naff.

If the programme was 'Celebrity Island' with a blank canvas & little interference from producers then it might have had some credibilty.

Still, as all TV columnists agree, it was far more interesting & entertaining than BB7.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    new_rose wrote:
    Yep, quite funny.
    Love Island was quite good but the problem with show was the contrived concept of 'celebrities' finding love - this always made the show look naff.

If the programme was 'Celebrity Island' with a blank canvas & little interference from producers then it might have had some credibilty.

Still, as all TV columnists agree, it was far more interesting & entertaining than BB7.
    I'm somewhat divided on the producers' interference. Part of me didn't like it but it cannot be denied that the results were fantastic! Showing the Zelebs clips of what each had said and done was brave brilliance. BB has spoiled us into never seeing what HMs say/think once they see what was said about them long after the show ends and behind closed doors. This time we got to see it and I loved it. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm somewhat divided on the producers' interference. Part of me didn't like it but it cannot be denied that the results were fantastic! Showing the Zelebs clips of what each had said and done was brave brilliance. BB has spoiled us into never seeing what HMs say/think once they see what was said about them long after the show ends and behind closed doors. This time we got to see it and I loved it. :o

I liked a lot of what the producers did though I didn't think they were appropriate for a show where the contestants' sole purpose on the island was to find love!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even if it did happen with Kate, i'm sure she would show him the red card after he spoke about her so blatently.

That article is ery accurate of LI and the contestants.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luckless Lee, who says he is now considering a raft of offers including a record deal

:eek: :eek: NOOOOOOOOO!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tally wrote:
    Never fear. What usually happens to rafts? ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never fear. What usually happens to rafts? ;)

They sink :eek:

:D:D:D:o:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tally wrote:
    And NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO again :eek: :eek: :eek: Please don't inflict that on us, didn't we suffer enough having to listen to him trying to sing on LI.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I liked the idea of showing the others what people had said, the secret room, the quizzes along the lines of 'who said..........', but I guess you can only do that so many times before the 'celebs' realise what's going on and keep schtum..............

*snigger*.............they could have done every 10 minutes and this brain-dead lot wouldn't have put 2 and 2 together......... :D
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Err,..no. Big Brother has been doing that for a couple of years.