So, where's Perfect Dark then?

2»

Comments

• TopNotchTopNotch Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to it as well - but more so the multiplayer! 'Felicity' as it was called in PD was awesome at the time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    Just downloading now - did it via website, but definitely there!
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    MS made good on their promise and kept it at 800 points! What a bargain and what a game! It's as good as I was hoping, if not better. So smooth to play. I wasn't sure if it would really be native 1080p but it is, really nice looking.
    Forum Member
    forum glitch
    Forum Member
    Brilliant stuff. I forgot how customisable the multiplayer was.
    Oh, ans just got 10G for playing Felicity with classic weapons - happy days.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's the control scheme like? With it being a port from a totally different console is it any good? It does look like a good game, even though it didn't look like a big improvement until I saw a side-by-side comparison.
    Forum Member
    You have a few options. I've picked 'Duty Calls', which mimicks COD games - good idea.

Aiming with sights is still rock hard though - darts all over the place!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Just had a quick go on the trial game. I've never played the game before, and i think it's quite good! The controls remind me of the Timesplitters games on the default setting (probably due to people who worked on GoldenEye and PD leaving Rare and forming Free Radical who made the Timesplitters series).

Might pick it up eventually, right now i'm too addicted to BFBC2, and God of War 3 is looming...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gavo360 wrote: »
    Nice video comparing the n64 version and xbla
    http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/28388

It looks just like a retexture job, you could most likey do the same with rice video and an emulator

Look what people are doing with Zelda

New Sky

There is a huge thread here showing off more pictures
    Forum Member
    God I am loving this. The best XBLA game by far. Gets a 10/0 from me.
    Chip_chip wrote: »
    It looks just like a retexture job, you could most likey do the same with rice video and an emulator

Look what people are doing with Zelda

New Sky

There is a huge thread here showing off more pictures

Oh, it's way more than that. Full consistant 60 fps, 1080p native and yes lovely new textures on everything and remapped weapons/faces, remastered soundtrack but it's not glitchy like playing this game on P64. It has refined control, some great achievements and rewards (got a Perfect Dark T-shirt for my avatar and a Elvis doll so far lol) and it does feel very good to play. It's a lovely package and an update that does the original game justice, it's (if you'll excuse the pun) perfect! tee hee :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 377
    Forum Member
    Something which might interest folks: Rare is considering a title update for glitches and bugs: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a210397/rare-looking-into-perfect-dark-glitch.html
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Bargain at 800 points.
  • Stev0Stev0 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does look great :) I don't have my Xbox hooked up to live at the moment unfortunately so I'll need to miss out. Is there another way I can get it without live? seen a link on the live site but I wasn't sure. It'd be nice to buy it via the site and just burn it to a disc then stick it in the Xbox.
    Forum Member
    If you have a hacked Xbox with free60 you can play it.