Homemade cookies and buns

13»

Comments

• jojo01jojo01 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got some muffins in the oven at the moment. I've used a recipe on the back of a splenda packet so it uses that (obviously!) and only uses about a tbsp of fat (the rest of the liquid element is OJ, an egg and 0% fromage frais).

I made some mini ones, and the normal sized ones are cooking now. Of course, I've had to try one of the mini ones and it was surprisingly nice - it's not very sweet but perfectly acceptable. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was a thread on here for low fat cakes - the OP might appreciate your recipes?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HALibutt wrote: »
    There was a thread on here for low fat cakes - the OP might appreciate your recipes?

Thanks HALibutt, I'll do a search for it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yummy, what time should we all arrive for afternoon tea tomorrow? :)
  • Sem1Sem1 Posts: 4,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jojo01 wrote: »

Yep, looks lovely. My OH and I will be over too!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jojo01 wrote: »

we don't get back from work until gone 7, but feel free to drop in

not promising I wont have eaten it all though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Try a melted mars bar or snickers in the cookie mix. It's delicious!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Nice hobby, I bet your colleagues love you! Try these crunchy peanut butter cookies- http://www.eatthechef.com/recipe.aspx?id=93 -amazing!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tried mini vicotria sponges yesterday and have one in the bag for today... good inspiration thanks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ohirome wrote: »
    http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/4807/best-big--fat--chewy-chocolate-chip-cookies.aspx

As promised ^^^ My favourite recipe which ive tweaked here and there. I would recommend sprinkling some sugar onto a plate before rolling the balls of dough in the sugar before adding to the oven. It makes them nice and crispy on the outside and doughy on the inside. Also, I take mine out after about 11-13 minutes - yep, specific I know. Its an art!

Doey really taste as good as the ones from the supermarket bakery sections? You know the 5 for a£1 ones?

I am going to try them tonight for the marshals at work tomorrow. And as someone suggested with mars bar chunks in. And possibly any other chocolate bar I can find.

Also going to try lemon cupcakes recupe from uktv food.

wAS GOing to do brownies as well but probably won't bother as the thought of washing up after scares me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    lily99 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I really enjoy baking and buns and cookies are one of my favorite things to make. but im running out of new recipes to try on my colleagues, although they dont seem to complain!! :rolleyes:

I tried a chocolate and orange cookie recipe i found through google the other day but the came out with a strange spongy texture!

Does anyone have any tried and tested recipes they'd like to share with me?? :)

Thanx Lily
    Hi lily,
    I like this recipe because it is really easy to make and it taste delicious and also my sister makes it all the time. I started making cookies last year October.It makes me feel so happy :).
    Ingredients
    * 3 Cups Flour
    * 6 table spoons Butter
    * 3 Table spoons Sugar
    * 50ml Milk
    * 1 Cup Cocoa
    Method
    * 1.Mix sugar and butter together
    2.Add cocoa and mix together
    3.Add Flour
    4.Pour in milk
    5.Mix into a dough
    6.Roll out dough with rolling pin
    7.Cut out any shape using shape cutters
    8.Place into an oven tray
    9.Bake for 20 - 30 minutes.Gas mark 200 degrees
    I have also some other recipes for chocolate chip cookies, lemon cookies, orange cookies, chocolate cake recipes and birthday cake.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got a bunch of recipes on my blog. The Malteser Cake on Page 3 is really easy and very popular!

http://www.littlemunchkin.wordpress.com

:-D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Hi all, Thanx for that recipe jamesrobartson looks great!
    Ive been making truffles for last few weeks they seem to go down really well but does anyone have any tipe how to keep them solid for longer?
    When i take them to work they tend to go really soft really quickly, Its very warm in our centre!!

Lily99 x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,345
    Forum Member
    Hey guys :)

I need a bit of help. Right, i don't have weighing scales for measuring out ingredients but i've got cheap measuring cups for a supermarket which measure in ml, tsp, tbsp, 1/2cup / 1 cup etc...

So if i'm making fairy cakes (really simple ones :o), and i've got to use 100g of butter, 100g of SR flour and 100g caster sugar...how much would that be in ml because apparantly since we're converting between mass and volume, it won't neccesarily be the same value of ml for each ingredient.

This is probably a really silly question but i'm a bit lost :o:D