Millions set to flood Britain in 2014

Comments

• allafixallafix Posts: 20,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    one of my friends was attacked by a Polish immigrant and having witnessed Muslim marches in London I can tell you it does worry and offend me
    So one attack by a Pole makes them all a worry for you? How many people get attacked by British born people in comparison?

Of the Muslims marching in London most were probably British born. Not immigrants at all.
    I agree Brits don't integrate but the Brits that go to Spain are completely different from the Bulgarians and Romanians that will come here. The Brits in Spain are self sufficient and not a burden of the State at all
    What makes you think all the migrants will be a burden on the state? They'll becoming here looking for work, which means they'll pay tax.
    if everyone is choosing to come to Britain, then Britain has done something wrong.
    Something is wrong with the poll, that's for sure. Why would a poll of Bulgarians choose Britain over Bulgaria and the whole EU? If the UK was the only option presented then the result is not surprising. Makes you wonder how the the poll was worded. The Express doesn't say. Not that the Express is ever hysterical about immigration and the EU. Oh no.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not another Anti Immigration thread.

Presumably you are less in favour of asking the around 5.5 Million Brits living or working abroad from being told they have to leave those countries.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6210358.stm
  • Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Presumably you are less in favour of asking the around 5.5 Million Brits living or working abroad from being told they have to leave those countries.

I would have thought it's the business of the countries they are working/living in as to whether they want them.

How many of those 5.5 million are working in low paid, unskilled work?

Lets think now.
    Would I prefer the 5.5 million Brits working/living abroad to return (which would include a hell of a lot of very skilled experts and rich people) instead of 5.5 million immigrants from poorer countries looking to improve their lives at this country's expense?

Bit of a no brainer TBH.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have thought it's the business of the countries they are working/living in as to whether they want them.

How many of those 5.5 million are working in low paid, unskilled work?

Lets think now.
    Would I prefer the 5.5 million Brits working/living abroad to return (which would include a hell of a lot of very skilled experts and rich people) instead of 5.5 million immigrants from poorer countries looking to improve their lives at this country's expense?

Bit of a no brainer TBH.

Yes I agree you have no brains. The majority of people living abroad are retired and do so because their retirement income stretches further, ironically in countries like Bulgaria.

Many of the people who work abroad are people like myself Engineers who work in middle income brackets.
    I earned £45K a year in the 1980's, currently the same Chemical Engineering roles are paying £35-£45K, the stagnation of middle class salaries in this country is the reason for our demise.

The reason why we need to import Trade Skills from countries like Poland, is because the Tories have tried to turn us all into a nation of shop keepers and slave wage workers.
  • timetosaygoodbytimetosaygoodby Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I would be perfectly happy to send all immigrants back to their origins and then to have the other EU states send British people back here.
    -How many British people are in prison abroad- probably not even 1% of the number of foreigners imprisoned here
    -How many Brits go abroad to claim benefits or a council house- again very low compared to how many foreigners do it here

So send the Brits back I would rather have them here then the people who take their place
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would be perfectly happy to send all immigrants back to their origins and then to have the other EU states send British people back here.
    -How many British people are in prison abroad- probably not even 1% of the number of foreigners imprisoned here
    -How many Brits go abroad to claim benefits or a council house- again very low compared to how many foreigners do it here

So send the Brits back I would rather have them here then the people who take their place

Hook Line Sinker - You win the Prize.:p:p:p
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If we are going to confine Britons to Britain, can we expect them to maintain a better standard of English?
  • Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I agree you have no brains. The majority of people living abroad are retired and do so because their retirement income stretches further, ironically in countries like Bulgaria.

Many of the people who work abroad are people like myself Engineers who work in middle income brackets.
    I earned £45K a year in the 1980's, currently the same Chemical Engineering roles are paying £35-£45K, the stagnation of middle class salaries in this country is the reason for our demise.

The reason why we need to import Trade Skills from countries like Poland, is because the Tories have tried to turn us all into a nation of shop keepers and slave wage workers.

And they have done that in less than three years?

And I thought people were complaining that they are inefficient.:D

And wasn't the increase in net immigration under this government due to the fall of emigration after it has been running at record highs under the last government?
  • mackaramackara Posts: 4,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe some of the 5.5 million Brits living abroad will sign your mickey mouse petition, you could maybe give them some of your muslamic rayguns as an incentive.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How nice it must be for you to have these facts at hand to support your argument. But you don't know though, do you? You are inventing things to fit your opinion.

Why do you think British people abroad are 100 times less likely to be in prison than foreigners are here? Are Brits so much less criminal then foreigners?

Why do you assume immigrants come here to claim benefits but Brits never do?

If you really are only worried about population numbers, why swap 5.5m expats for the much smaller number of EU citizens living here. Seems to me it's the foreign origin of people that worries you more.
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Airam wrote: »
    How have you PERSONALLY been affected by immigration, time to saygoodbye?

How many immigrant families are your neighbours for example? How many immigrants work at your workplace?

When did you personally ever lose out to an immigrant?

Does it HAVE to be a personal situation thing?

I'd have thought the amount of people out of work, a housing shortage and the prospect of it becoming worse would be of everyone's concern - apart from the I'm alright Jack brigade that is.
    Forum Member

Why not ask those living in the countries concerned because if said Brits are having a social and economic affect on their country then it's up to them to have their say and not you sat behind a monitor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why not ask those living in the countries concerned because if said Brits are having a social and economic affect on their country then it's up to them to have their say and not you sat behind a monitor.
    Aren't you sitting behind a monitor, or computer screen of some kind, too?

The number of ex-pat Brits abroad is an important counterpoint to those who complain about immigrants flooding the UK, regardless of how the ex-pat Brits affect the country they live in. It is all about numbers, isn't it? I mean it can't be about ethnic origins because that would be racism and immigration debates are never racist.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

British people abroad are not comparable to Romanians and Bulgarians. For a start we have alot more money then them, alot more skills that are useful and are self sufficient. We are not a burden and do not overrun countries like immigrants do here

How many Roma engineers or doctors do you know?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    British people abroad are not comparable to Romanians and Bulgarians. For a start we have alot more money then them, alot more skills that are useful and are self sufficient. We are not a burden and do not overrun countries like immigrants do here

So many crude assumptions, where to start? :eek:
    Forum Member
    allafix wrote: »
    Aren't you sitting behind a monitor, or computer screen of some kind, too?

The number of ex-pat Brits abroad is an important counterpoint to those who complain about immigrants flooding the UK, regardless of how the ex-pat Brits affect the country they live in. It is all about numbers, isn't it? I mean it can't be about ethnic origins because that would be racism and no one here wants to be thought of as racist.

Yes I am behind a screen and am speaking of this country in this country and those going on about expats are clutching at straws in a desperate attempt to make things ok here to even it up.

And no it isn't about numbers (I saw what you were trying to do there) its about the affect that mass immigration is having on this country and is going to get worse so you can place your race card where the sun don't shine..
  • MajlisMajlis Posts: 31,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allafix wrote: »

The number of ex-pat Brits abroad is an important counterpoint to those who complain about immigrants flooding the UK, regardless of how the ex-pat Brits affect the country they live in.

Why? - how does that mitigate the issues that high migration causes for the UK
  • davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member

Not many Roma Gypsies are doctors or engineers but they are not Bulgarians or Romanians. On the other hand, there are plenty of doctors in Poland, Bulgaria or Romania to that matter.

Romas that you refer to are homeless and they have a unique lifestyle as they live in tents, don't want to educate their kids etc. The way they live is not a normal lifestyle in eastern europe.

I have seen many British chavs that can easily be compared to Romas, no offense.
    Forum Member
    davor wrote: »
    Romas that you refer to are homeless and they have a unique lifestyle as they live in tents, don't want to educate their kids etc. The way they live is not a normal lifestyle in eastern europe.

I have seen many British chavs that can easily be compared to Romas, no offense.

Which is precisely why we don't want any more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I am behind a screen and am speaking of this country in this country and those going on about expats are clutching at straws in a desperate attempt to make things ok here to even it up.

And no it isn't just about numbers its about the affect that mass immigration is having on this country and is going to get worse so you can shove your race card where the sun don't shine..
    I didn't say you were being racist, ungrammatical maybe, but not racist. I was being sarcastic about the tone of these threads in general. Every thread on this subject people say it's not about race, it's about numbers, the country's full up, etc. Fine. Yet when a countering numerical argument is put you say it's not valid because those numbers aren't here! Well of course they aren't. They've emigrated.

So it is important to take this into account, it's not clutching at straws at all.
  • davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I understand that. Americans feel the same about Mexicans, Aussies about Indians etc.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,395
    Forum Member
    Ho hum. Another anti-immigration thread based on spurious data. Do you really think half the population of Bulgaria is going to arrive here?

If there is the poverty you describe, isn't it better to help than panic about them coming here?

Indeed, that link and this thread are poor and tiresome attempts to stir up yet more xenophobia. The OP really should get out more and get a hobby.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Majlis wrote: »
    Why? - how does that mitigate the issues that high migration causes for the UK
    Who said anything about mitigation? If the law was changed to remove the automatic right to work in any EU country then those UK citizens living in the EU would have to come back here. So you'd trade one lot of people for another. If the debate really was just about numbers this wouldn't matter of course. But it's about more than that. You've only got to read the OP's posts to see that.

Are you another who only sees migration to the UK and ignores the migration to the rest of the EU's richer nations? It's not as if all the Bulgarian and Romanian migrant workers will come here, no matter how much the Express says it will be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davor wrote: »
    Not many Roma Gypsies are doctors or engineers but they are not Bulgarians or Romanians. On the other hand, there are plenty of doctors in Poland, Bulgaria or Romania to that matter.

you say the Roma are not Bulgarian or Romanian but they have the passports and will all come over here when we don't want them. They are not even wanted in their own country and the rest of Romania despise them
  • richcleverrichclever Posts: 12,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you say the Roma are not Bulgarian or Romanian but they have the passports and will all come over here when we don't want them. They are not even wanted in their own country and the rest of Romania despise them

A bit like how most Brits hate people that obviously have a problem with others just because they are foreign?