Benefits Britain, Life on the Dole - 9pm Channel 5 tonight..

Comments

• DJGAVTDJGAVT Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    God this programme made me angry. I can not wait to get out of Europe and I would be all for chucking out any foreigners on benefits once we do.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    There was a Romanian family on Benefits Street when it was shown on Channel 4.

After seeing the Romanian family in the latest episode, I don't remember seeing them on Benefits Street. Unless they were in something else that was on Channel 4.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    After seeing the Romanian family in the latest episode, I don't remember seeing them on Benefits Street. Unless they were in something else that was on Channel 4.

It was from the Gypsies On Benefits & Proud programme shown on Channel 5.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=72163983#post72163983
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How does it work that the guy gets money for scrap, this entitles him to More benefits?
    I think its terrible that the single mum has only a small TV, why cant she have a 50" Flat screen?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Radiogram wrote: »
    As do I.

My father is suffering with what we suspect to be dementia. If it get's worse we and he has to go to a care home he will have to sell the home he worked all his days to buy to pay the fees.

Then these freeloading bastards come here and screw the system.and the state throws thousands at them. It makes so so bloody angry.

That is what really gets me. You work all your days, pay taxes and then in your hour of need they take everything you have worked for. In the next bed is the person who has never done a stroke of work, claimed every possible benefit and he suffers no penalties. Equal Britain.

Perhaps we should all stop working and claim benefits and see how long it would be before there was a major crisis.

I have no problem with someone who claims benefits in their hour of need but not as a lifestyle. Agree that benefits should not be paid out in cash but the bleeding hearts would be having a apoplexy turn.

Every politician should be sat in front of a tv and made to watch programmes like that then explain why it is allowed to happen and what exactly they are going to do about it. Incredibly they wonder why UKIP are making grounds.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why the bloody hell has Five made their latest episode of Benefits Britain unavailable? I was looking forward to watching it today. Sigh...
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,623
    Forum Member
    The big guy who came over here solely to "claim" £40,000 to £50,000 to send back to Romania to fund the building of his new house they said had already been deported once for benefit fraud, why was he allowed back in ??????

And the other one who admitted to being a habitual criminal (shoplifting, theft of at least 10 to 15 bicycles) is I hope in a police cell awaiting deportation, that is if he doesn't produce a pet cat that needs him here.

Couldn't believe the latest, the foreign criminal drug dealer allowed to stay as he's diabetic and wouldn't be able to afford to pay for the medical care in his own country that he gets free here.

I couldn't quite believe my ears when I heard that - so he is here to scrounge benefits purely to send home, with no intention of working? Can he really receive that amount in benefits? The attitude seemed to be - 'give it to me or I'll take it' >:( Did I hear right that the guy with no legs was earning £200 a day as a street musician?? In that case he doesn't need benefits. Can't street musicians get a licence from the local Council? How much better that he earns a living and pays tax, and gives pleasure at the same time. We have street musicians in our town and I always chuck a quid in the hat as they are usually very good.
  • TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My wife's nearly crippled with psoriatic arthritis and sciatica but her DLA claim has been rejected, so how come these thieving, scrounging c#nts get thousands thrown at them? F#ck Britain and f#ck our politicians.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't realise that child benefit could be claimed for children living thousands of miles away in a different country. I don't understand the thinking behind that at all.

I know EU citizens have freedom of movement and so on, but I didn't realise benefits had freedom of movement across the continent as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't realise that child benefit could be claimed for children living thousands of miles away in a different country. I don't understand the thinking behind that at all.

I know EU citizens have freedom of movement and so on, but I didn't realise benefits had freedom of movement across the continent as well.

It wouldn't be so bad if it worked the other way as well. E.g. We could do the same if we went to Romania. But even if we could how much would that be in comparison?
  • Joel_BJoel_B Posts: 164
    Forum Member

If that's the case I have 15 children in Romania I need to claim for. Benefit please and big house if I bring them over to the UK.

Vote UKIP.
  • pete_dalepete_dale Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    David Cameron, do you realise you are handing UKIP votes on a plate
    Do you think we want to pay our taxes to support workshy career scroungers
    You know what if a radical party tried to stop immigration they might even get in.
    I have no problem with foriegn workers or indeed any workers. Just impose an Australian style points system for people to get in.
    Then like Dubai, get in debt and you are sent back out.
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    Joel_B wrote: »
    Vote UKIP.

i would rather swallow razorblades ;-)
    pete_dale wrote: »
    David Cameron, do you realise you are handing UKIP votes on a plate

do you really think he visits these forums
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,623
    Forum Member
    Why the bloody hell has Five made their latest episode of Benefits Britain unavailable? I was looking forward to watching it today. Sigh...

It;s on tonight at 10.0pm - so hope you are reading this!
  • COSIMA1COSIMA1 Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    Andagha wrote: »
    Anyone watching this, beware though it may make your blood boil..
    Boil? moulten lava is cooler than my blood at moment grrrrrrrrr
  • EuanDesuEuanDesu Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Burn them all.
    Forum Member
    Within 5 minutesd he's complaining he hasn't got the house he wants and the other guy criticizing the quality of the walls. FFS

So many people born and bred and worked in uk suffering over bedroom tax because Cameron says there is a housing problem and the bigger homes are needed to house larger families.

Get all these scroungers with hundreds of kids out of the country and housing problem is sorted.

Whatever people say I vote for UKIP. At least they do point out the truth of the immigration crisis.
    Forum Member
    rhumble wrote: »
    He is off to take metal, TV's, bikes, anything he can get in his van, whether he asks for it or not i very much doubt
    Think I'll put a metal man-trap by my bins tonight
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    EuanDesu wrote: »
    Burn them all.

so you would like to see another human being murdered then, would you happily murder someone yourself
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisydee wrote: »
    It;s on tonight at 10.0pm - so hope you are reading this!

I only watch things through the catch up service online.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like they have been on before, as noticed in the Tv mag today, it says it was previously shown, titled as On Benefits and Proud, thought it looked familiar.

Don't know why they didn't just re-run it without changing the title. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's an update show tonight, so hopefully we will see what happened to some of the people we have seen before.
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radiogram wrote: »
    As do I.

My father is suffering with what we suspect to be dementia. If it get's worse we and he has to go to a care home he will have to sell the home he worked all his days to buy to pay the fees.

Then these freeloading bastards come here and screw the system.and the state throws thousands at them. It makes so so bloody angry.

I don't blame you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh Gawd, it's the Jeremy Kyle mob.......again.
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ONE HUNDRED MILLION in benefits is paid out every day! :eek: