Options

Any Dynasty fans out there?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 538
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm slightly obsessed, particularly with season 9. So much so that I've been talking to my flatmate as Sable Colby all evening, trying to wind her up...

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    yea, i used to watch it on normal tv..Dex Dextor was my fav , he was fit, also Jeff Colby was rather yum too :D
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season 9 was when the show was trying to re-invent itself, I think it deserved a tenth season
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, used to watch it without fail when it first aired in the 1980s, along with Dallas it was a "must see".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved it! Used to watch it every week in the 80's. Who could forget the infamous mud fight between Alexis and Krystal :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i much prefered Pamela Sue Martin to Emma Samms as Fallon..:(
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    Just bought the entire series boxset. My 80's were very much Dallas on Wednesdays and Dynasty on Friday
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Colbys starts on CBS Drama on Monday unfortunately it's on at 2/3am so get your timers set.

http://www.cbsdrama.co.uk/shows.php?title=The%20Colbys
  • Options
    catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    yea, i used to watch it on normal tv..Dex Dextor was my fav , he was fit, also Jeff Colby was rather yum too :D

Yes, they were my favourites too. I didn't like it so much after Alexis and Dex split up.
  • Options
    daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh Jeff and then later on Miles. Both yummy.
    I used to love Dynasty and rewatched when they repeated it on CBS. The last 2 seasons however were dreadful.
    The reunion was on last week and I've taped that as I don't remember it. Think I may give it a watch tomorrow.
  • Options
    mizhogmizhog Posts: 970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im seeing joan collins this week!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    Just bought the entire series boxset. My 80's were very much Dallas on Wednesdays and Dynasty on Friday

Where from??
    Sable ruled!
  • Options
    joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,027
    Forum Member
    I am a Dynasty fan, but have not watched it in years, since it finished with the New Episodes
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just finished watching all nine seasons
    What an ordeal, i have to say
  • Options
    MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    i much prefered Pamela Sue Martin to Emma Samms as Fallon..:(

I'm one of the few that actually likes Emma Samms, but I agree, she wasn't Fallon.

When PSM decided to go, they should have just created another character for ES, because she was not Fallon. At all. Ever.

I remember our house was divided.
    Everyone else preferred Dallas, but I just couldn't get into it for some reason.
    Dynasty all the way for me, but let's be honest, it wouldn't have gone past S2 if it wasn't for Joan Collins playing Joan Collins. Or Alexis. Same person really.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emma Samms was awful as Fallon imo. She couldn't act and her american accent was poor. Fallon was one of my fav characters before she took on the role. They really should of let Fallon remain dead and just continue without her. Jeff being a single dad and meeting someone new as his storyline in The Colbys would of been ideal I think.