Who is fed up hearing "Firework" now?

2»

Comments

• Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 82,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firework was appropriate for the lead-up to November 5th but the joke is wearing a bit thin now.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand Katy Perry's music and this song is no exception and I can't stand the line "boom boom boom brighter than the moon moon moon" or whatever it is. It makes me cringe.

That is the best part of the song..really nice middle 8 section. Just too bad it is so short. She could have repeated it twice
  • warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RussellIan wrote: »
    I've got no idea what it sounds like.

you lucky, lucky thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    warszawa wrote: »
    you lucky, lucky thing.

This lol
  • marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes overplayed and boring now. pretty much like anything else played by radio one, you get the same crap churned out hour after hour.
  • SmiirkySmiirky Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is such a thing as overexposure, and I fear that's what's happening to dear Mrs Perry.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never heard it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was fed up with it the first time i heard it. All those months ago when Katy warbled her way through it on XF. *shudders* Next time mime. ¬.¬
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Impressive sales for a song out 3 months and only reaching number 3!
  • Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her voice sounds hoarse throughout the song. She clearly struggles to hit the notes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    I thought it was okay-ish when I listened to it a couple of times, but now I've had enough, Katy Perry and Rihanna seem to be on every music channel Sky has to offer.:yawn:
  • TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So glad others feel the same way and I cant believe some have never heard it

Its practically EVERYWHERE
  • Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    This is one of those songs that just shouldn't have been done.:mad:
    The faux-inspirational message, the pretentious video, and the fact that she just can't hit those notes, which is just embarrassing.

It should never be performed live.
    That's like Poker Face, on the record GaGa's got whatever vocal trickery going on, but when she sings it, and especially the verses, it's dreadfully flat, and doesn't stand up beside the studio version at all.:(
  • RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    You're like my music twin - I hadn't a clue what this song was either!

Just played it and it's bloody awful. Not catchy at all. The chorus is painful to the ears.

I do like California Girlz and Hot n Cold though (but not keen on the text speak in the titles).

Indeed you are :) as those are the only two KP songs (out of those of hers I know 'I know') that I like. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    Maybe you shouldn't have listened to it so much in the first place and you wouldn't be sick of it now. If you hear it on the radio, change the station if it bothers you so much.

It's an amazing, uplifting song.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe you shouldn't have listened to it so much in the first place and you wouldn't be sick of it now. If you hear it on the radio, change the station if it bothers you so much.

It's an amazing, uplifting song.

I very much agree :).
  • kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    james-dean wrote: »
    i disagree :rolleyes:

Well that's shot me down :p Care to argue your point?

Katy Perry is just one of those singers who's riding on a huge wave of current fame. She's always in the papers, being talked about on the internet, constantly on tv shows, performing at high-profile award ceremonies around the world... all that sorta stuff. Basically - whatever she does, people are interested, but none of it is to do with musical talent. I know that's not exactly unique to her, but bar a few catchy pop tunes, she hasn't even released anything remotely cutting-edge or exciting, yet she's managed to achieve worldwide success and popularity.

I Kissed A Girl gained everyone's attention because of the lyrics, and reached no.1 in 30 countries, and she followed it up with the decent Hot n Cold which topped 25 charts around the world. Because Katy Perry is very tabloid-friendly, she's been constantly in the media since her first single became a success, and then of course there's her personal life, which has just made her even more followed in the press, and has helped her become something of a household name.

With California Gurls being released right at the height of her popularity, it was inevitably going to be a huge hit. All she had to do was release a semi-catchy pop song with some silly lyrics which the chart-buying kids would love, and it would be a hit. The song's cause was helped further by the way it was wrapped up in some faux-summery California nonsense, just to get everyone saying 'OMG SUMMER SMASH!!' And it worked.

And there you have Katy Perry's formula for success in a nutshell, without having any real musical talent. Oh and by the way, I don't care how much of her lyrics she writes herself - writing insipid garbage like Cali Gurls is hardly worthy of praise.
  • Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    kutox wrote: »
    Well that's shot me down :p Care to argue your point?

Katy Perry is just one of those singers who's riding on a huge wave of current fame. She's always in the papers, being talked about on the internet, constantly on tv shows, performing at high-profile award ceremonies around the world... all that sorta stuff. Basically - whatever she does, people are interested, but none of it is to do with musical talent. I know that's not exactly unique to her, but bar a few catchy pop tunes, she hasn't even released anything remotely cutting-edge or exciting, yet she's managed to achieve worldwide success and popularity.

I Kissed A Girl gained everyone's attention because of the lyrics, and reached no.1 in 30 countries, and she followed it up with the decent Hot n Cold which topped 25 charts around the world. Because Katy Perry is very tabloid-friendly, she's been constantly in the media since her first single became a success, and then of course there's her personal life, which has just made her even more followed in the press, and has helped her become something of a household name.

With California Gurls being released right at the height of her popularity, it was inevitably going to be a huge hit. All she had to do was release a semi-catchy pop song with some silly lyrics which the chart-buying kids would love, and it would be a hit. The song's cause was helped further by the way it was wrapped up in some faux-summery California nonsense, just to get everyone saying 'OMG SUMMER SMASH!!' And it worked.

And there you have Katy Perry's formula for success in a nutshell, without having any real musical talent. Oh and by the way, I don't care how much of her lyrics she writes herself - writing insipid garbage like Cali Gurls is hardly worthy of praise.

Thank you.:)
    Thank you so much.

Someone got it right in every way.
  • kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you.:)
    Thank you so much.

Someone got it right in every way.

Thanks - I try my best. Glad someone appreciates it