Comments

• Options
    BlurayBluray Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    A hit for me, I thought he rocked :D His moving portrayal of Flight with sock puppets was a highlight.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gilbertoo wrote: »
    I don't like her because she is sooo apathetic and does come across as very aloof, disinterested and frankly, rude, even when being interviewed about her own films.....which must irritate the hell out of studios. The Oscars was no exception and I can't cut her any slack for the way she behaved.

Sure, others also behave in a similar way - Joaquin Phoenix not only bad mouthed awards shows recently, but also looked disinterested and was seen head-bowed, shaking his head when up for the Best Actor award.

I enjoy the subtle nuances of the Oscars and will watch the ceremony a few times just to see what's going on off-stage - for example, I liked RDJ as when the audience seemed to react badly to something Seth would say, he'd gesture something like "no, come on!" and then clap him.

BIB: Agreed 100%...Phoenix should have just done a "Woody Allen", and not bother to attend.

Been reading reviews of Seth's presentation on Guardian site. The LA Times critic wrote that MacFarlane achieved the impossible: he got Tommy Lee Jones to smile:D
  • Options
    InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluray wrote: »

As stated on that blog, she's actually pretty good in Adventureland. But given that she's the same age as Jennifer Lawrence (or even a few months older) she doesn't seem to have the same maturity now as Ms Lawrence has had all along.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been reading reviews of Seth's presentation on Guardian site. The LA Times critic wrote that MacFarlane achieved the impossible: he got Tommy Lee Jones to smile:D

Yeah, that was his first gag and he succeeded!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For anyone who didn't know the reaction shots in the boobs song were staged. That seems to be what people are using to batter Seth with.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For anyone who didn't know the reaction shots in the boobs song were staged. That seems to be what people are using to batter Seth with.

Quite obvious, too.....unless after being shown looking disappointed, Charlize Theron was able to move lighten quick backstage to get prepared for her little dance number!
  • Options
    BlurayBluray Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm baffled as to why anyone would've believed these "shocked" inserts were real.
    The Daily Mail unsurprisingly launched a bit of an outraged attack on Seth in the same vein as their Jack Whitehall/Big Fat Quiz attack. They used these "shocked" inserts as the basis for it - how dumb is that!
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Karis wrote: »
    http://youtu.be/hBV2DzS2NG0

We saw your boobs. Utter subversive genius!
    I prefer it when he Sings, not interested in the other stuff he does.
  • Options
    footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,219
    Forum Member
    bring back Billy Crystal
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member

Sky Text seemed to be oblivious to this fact when they posted the story.
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gilbertoo wrote: »
    Quite obvious, too.....unless after being shown looking disappointed, Charlize Theron was able to move lighten quick backstage to get prepared for her little dance number!

And she and Sally Field were both wearing different dresses to their red carpet gowns (with Charlize wearing a different one again to dance seconds later)!
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On the Joaquin Phoenix criticism, he is a very humble, shy guy who doesn't like the added attention. He'd be quite happy if he got no attention what-so-ever, but that's part of the job.

As for Seth, he's not really my cop of tea, and I find him quiet arrogant. I have no idea what Rihanna and Chris Brown had to do with the Oscars? I did like the "We saw your boobs" songs though!
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    On the Joaquin Phoenix criticism, he is a very humble, shy guy who doesn't like the added attention. He'd be quite happy if he got no attention what-so-ever, but that's part of the job.
    If you hate it that much you really don't have to attend.
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    As for Seth, he's not really my cop of tea, and I find him quiet arrogant. I have no idea what Rihanna and Chris Brown had to do with the Oscars?
    It was just a throwaway joke about domestic abuse.
    Not seen the film but I assume there are scenes of the black slave woman being beaten.
    Brown smacked Rhianna around a bit.

So the joke was that for most this would be harrowing and disturbing scenes but to them they would class it as a date movie
  • Options
    TomGrantTomGrant Posts: 4,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't help but totally fancy Kristin Stewart. She was ridiculously hot in On The Road. Sorry :(:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    The trouble with "we saw your boobs" wasn't that is was sexist or misogynistic (it wasn't really woman hating - how many people would complain if he'd done "we saw your penis", I bet it would've been significantly less), but that it wasn't particularly funny...