Joey Essex Lookalike planning on suing NHS following free nose job

TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
Forum Member
✭✭
** WARNING - DAILY MAIL LINK ** :D:D
(The only other links I could find were The Mirror and The Star)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2834473/Britain-s-vainest-man-sue-NHS-25-000-botching-free-nose-job-plans-spend-money-BMW.html
A celebrity wannabe dubbed 'Britain's vainest man' has revealed he wants to sue the NHS for £25,000 for 'botching' his free nose job.
Sam Barton, 22, who wants to look like The Only Way is Essex star Joey Essex, has bragged how he will splash the money on a new BMW to help him 'feel much better' about the operation.
Mr Barton, from Sutton Coldfield, in Birmingham, said he had decided to sue the NHS because of all the negative coverage he had received since his case was highlighted.
He had received a free nose job worth £5,000 on the NHS in a bid for the perfect looks.

Somehow this guy gets NHS funded rhinoplasty worth £5,000, doesn’t like the outcome so is planning on suing the NHS and use the money to buy a car which will make him feel better.

Where to begin…

Why would the NHS decide to fund cosmetic surgery? I realise this isn’t a one-off, but what is the rationale behind it? Obviously there are legitimate cases of having NHS funded cosmetic surgery for functional reasons (e.g. breast reduction to alleviate severe back pain, getting ears pinned back) but for purely aesthetic reasons - why? There must be a major physical or psychological reason for needing the surgery but who would assess the patient, and how easy is it to manipulate the outcome of the assessment?

Is this just typical, sensationalist garbage from the tabloids or is this a genuine problem with the NHS?

The guy’s obviously got issues, I mean he wants to look like Joey Essex FFS(!!!) but for something like this, surely there’s no way the NHS should pay.

Your thoughts?

Comments

• ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2834473/Britain-s-vainest-man-sue-NHS-25-000-botching-free-nose-job-plans-spend-money-BMW.html

Somehow this guy gets NHS funded rhinoplasty worth £5,000, doesn’t like the outcome so is planning on suing the NHS and use the money to buy a car which will make him feel better.

Where to begin…

Why would the NHS decide to fund cosmetic surgery? I realise this isn’t a one-off, but what is the rationale behind it? Obviously there are legitimate cases of having NHS funded cosmetic surgery for functional reasons (e.g. breast reduction to alleviate severe back pain, getting ears pinned back) but for purely aesthetic reasons - why? There must be a major physical or psychological reason for needing the surgery but who would assess the patient, and how easy is it to manipulate the outcome of the assessment?

Is this just typical, sensationalist garbage from the tabloids or is this a genuine problem with the NHS?

The guy’s obviously got issues, I mean he wants to look like Joey Essex FFS(!!!) but for something like this, surely there’s no way the NHS should pay.

Your thoughts?

Old story. It's from last year. There was a more recent one about him being declared bankrupt though.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Where to begin…
    ?

In the showbiz section perhaps:p;-);-)
  • jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    Electra wrote: »
    Old story. It's from last year. There was a more recent one about him being declared bankrupt though.

He was on that programme on Channel Five last night about the crisis is the NHS, still flaunting that he was suing the NHS.
  • Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like the guy is trying to gain a reaction the same way as Jose Cunningham and it will no doubt work.
  • hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    own fault for giving him the nose job. stupid
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jarryhack wrote: »
    He was on that programme on Channel Five last night about the crisis is the NHS, still flaunting that he was suing the NHS.

It was quite galling to see him on that programme completely unapologetic and unrepentant, even when told that the amount of money he was suing for could be used to pay for cancer treatments that were currently being withdrawn.

Even more galling however, were the 'right on' members of the audience who accused the presenter of 'picking on him.' :(
  • lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought "famous for being famous" was the bottom of the barrel, but I stand corrected. Wanting to look like a non-entity, barely famous for being famous, incredibly stupid person is the new low bar.

He spent £55k on becoming "the perfect man", I hope he doesn't break his wrist anytime soon or that'll be his sex life over with for a few weeks. :p
  • IngenueIngenue Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought "famous for being famous" was the bottom of the barrel, but I stand corrected. Wanting to look like a non-entity, barely famous for being famous, incredibly stupid person is the new low bar.

He spent £55k on becoming "the perfect man", I hope he doesn't break his wrist anytime soon or that'll be his sex life over with for a few weeks. :p

Exactly.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see good old Sam in this years BB.
  • TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PUBLISHED: 11:33, 14 November 2014 | UPDATED: 20:26, 14 November 2014
    Oops....:blush:

I should really check these things before posting.
  • lee_sharplee_sharp Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Complete A-hole
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He should probably sue the NHS to claim damages for whichever midwife dropped him on his head when he was born, the idiot.
  • Wbc-WorkerWbc-Worker Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He needs a Psychiatrist - shameful waste of NHS funds.
  • eluf38eluf38 Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Where to begin…

Your thoughts?

I read the original interview with him, prior to his nose job. He told the NHS that he was depressed because of his looks. He admitted to a newspaper that he was lying and even said it was easy to 'squeeze out a few tears' and fool them into believing he was depressed because of his nose.
    ****. I hope someone smashes his unsatisfactory nose with a brick - and the NHS refuse to repair it.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well he's obviously given up on the idea of declaring bankruptcy

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/joey-essex-lookalike-declare-bankruptcy-4931191

It wouldn't surprise me of Josie Cunningham's agent has been in touch with him you know.
  • Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah, I read that the other day oddly enough. No idea how or why I came upon it. I wanted my own bottom to eat me I was that embarrassed for him when I was reading it.
    Eraserhead wrote: »
    He should probably sue the NHS to claim damages for whichever midwife dropped him on his head when he was born, the idiot.

:D:D:D:D:D
    Well he's obviously given up on the idea of declaring bankruptcy

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/joey-essex-lookalike-declare-bankruptcy-4931191

It wouldn't surprise me of Josie Cunningham's agent has been in touch with him you know.

Dear god. These people have agents!? :o I think a little bit of me just died.
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I read that the other day oddly enough. No idea how or why I came upon it. I wanted my own bottom to eat me I was that embarrassed for him when I was reading it.

:D:D:D:D:D

He mentioned last his agent had advised him to sue the NHS:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »

Oh god. Oh god. People. People are awful.
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh god. Oh god. People. People are awful.

He came across as the most self centered, self entitled, narcissistic t*** I've ever had the misfortune to see. While some poor sod beside him spoke of their elderly father lying on a trolley for hours as there was one to see him :(
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sadly, they do. And they're unfortunately good at their jobs as well, or at least the person who's currently Josie Cunningham's agent is good at his job as he's probably earnt her a fair few quid in the past few years.

That said, the good people of DS have proven quite conclusively that it's easy to ignore these people if you put your mind to it. The Daily Mirror seem to be the only news outlet now that pays Cunningham any real attention.
  • QT 3.14QT 3.14 Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your thoughts?

That they should cut the oxygen supply during the surgery and give him the real Joey Essex experience.
  • IqoniqIqoniq Posts: 6,299
    Forum Member
    The agent's previous occupations included doorstepping for ambulance chasers. Probably.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He came across as the most self centered, self entitled, narcissistic t*** I've ever had the misfortune to see. While some poor sod beside him spoke of their elderly father lying on a trolley for hours as there was one to see him :(

He will be mortified if he ever grows up.

There was a similarly self-absorbed madam in a documentary I watched a few years ago. It was about people being refused treatments on the NHS. Some were genuinely very badly affected psychologically about their 'afflication' and some were just chancers.

One woman wanted breast augmentation because one of her breasts hadn't developed at all. It was very noticeable and it had got her down and affected her relationships all of her adult life. I felt for her.

It then cut to this dreadful creature who wanted a boob job cuz she wanted to be a glammah model, innit.

She was very put out the NHS wouldn't make her rack bigger. When told of the other woman's very genuine plight she shamelessly whined, "At least she's got one big one! I need TWO big ones! I need it more!!!"

I sometimes wonder what their parents make of how they turned out. If mine start any of that carry on it'll be nipped in the bud pretty darn quick. :D
  • lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was very put out the NHS wouldn't make her rack bigger. When told of the other woman's very genuine plight she shamelessly whined, "At least she's got one big one! I need TWO big ones! I need it more!!!"

If they are willing to Beetlejuice her head so her boobs look bigger in comparison, I'm willing to chip in a fiver. :o
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he's a moron and taking everyone for a ride
  • esquilaxesquilax Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    Definitely a prime candidate for the "B" ark.