Options

Jihadist schoolgirls

Pat_SmithPat_Smith Posts: 2,104
Forum Member
✭✭✭
No thread I can see.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11424884/Three-missing-British-schoolgirls-travel-to-Syria.html

Apparently the police are "very concerned" and are "urging them to come home".

Well, LMAO. I am not concerned for them and I very much don't urge them to come home.

I'm funny like that about terrorists.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    There's three separate discussions about this in the general discussion forum as it's not really a political discussion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anything about these Islamic nutters is pretty political.
  • Options
    jjnejjne Posts: 6,580
    Forum Member
    I take it you feel similarly about other criminal groups grooming schoolgirls?
  • Options
    deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well one thing we can say about Islamic state, they are certainly bringing the disloyal out of the woodwork. Lets hope they enjoy their life as a Jihadi brides. Mind you I suppose our foolish liberal government will allow them to return.

One thing I did find funny was how surprised the media is that our border controls are laughable.

Of course they are, we have no exit controls. All we have do is knock down the wall at airport immigration control and install another bank of scanners facing in the other direction. Oyster worked it out ages ago.

The real need is to link migrants/sponsors with the cost of administration. Our 1980's border force needs a huge cash investment to expand their numbers and upgrade their technology, so how about doubling the price of visas for a start.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjne wrote: »
    I take it you feel similarly about other criminal groups grooming schoolgirls?

Like the Pakistani Rotherham grooming scandal? Indeed.
  • Options
    AndyCopenAndyCopen Posts: 2,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems a tad odd three school girls had enough money for the flight and passports at hand etc
  • Options
    Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not at all concerned. Bye bye.
  • Options
    My TimeMy Time Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    I am not at all concerned. Bye bye.

Anyone who wants to go and live in the Islamic state should be allowed to do so.
    They shouldn't be allowed back once they discover how terrible it is.
  • Options
    jjnejjne Posts: 6,580
    Forum Member
    Pat_Smith wrote: »

So you're not concerned about the well-being of those schoolgirls either. Thanks for the confirmation.
  • Options
    radio4extracrapradio4extracrap Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope they enjoy Syria.
  • Options
    jacquelineannejacquelineanne Posts: 1,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good riddance to bad rubbish
  • Options
    rusty123rusty123 Posts: 22,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On one hand there's concerns as to how easily three young girls managed to leave the country on a renowned route into Syria totally unchallenged at the airport and on the other there's the notion that by the time they reached the departure lounge they were already radicalised to the point where the security services might have thought "bon voyage and good riddance" and waved them through.

What I struggle with is the notion that these kids can turn from supposedly normal kids to wannabe jihadists without someone in the family noticing a drastic change in their behaviour over a period of time, especially in young girls from what we're lead to believe are from quite liberal minded families.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjne wrote: »
    So you're not concerned about the well-being of those schoolgirls either. Thanks for the confirmation.

No, indeed. Not remotely. They've made their choice. My only concern is that they never come back. Good riddance to bad rubbish, as far as I can see. Three jihadists less our end of things.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rusty123 wrote: »
    What I struggle with is the notion that these kids can turn from supposedly normal kids to wannabe jihadists without someone in the family noticing a drastic change in their behaviour over a period of time, especially in young girls from what we're lead to believe are from quite liberal minded families.

Their parents probably hate the west anyway. Or at the very least, reject our way of life. They just wouldn't have expected them to catch a plane to Syria.
  • Options
    Diamond statDiamond stat Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mind you I suppose our foolish liberal government will allow them to return.

Liblabcons will welcome them back - with their freshly born babies.. :)
  • Options
    Diamond statDiamond stat Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pat_Smith wrote: »
    Their parents probably hate the west anyway. Or at the very least, reject our way of life. They just wouldn't have expected them to catch a plane to Syria.

Very true. I actually feel sorry for all these muslim parents who have to feign shock for the cameras and police. They probably just want to be left alone but realise - the future of their family suddenly depends on them putting on a good act that this was ''completely out the blue.''
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The problem is that teenagers are very impressionable and prone to making bad decisions that they will later regret. We have seen this where sexual predators have taken advantage of teenagers. It is not too much to extrapolate that this can happen in this regard.

Dave Cameron has set the right tone on this showing concern as to how this could happen in the first place. Someone on the BBC news I heard on the radio yesterday did question why, if the police know about these sites, why they are allowed to remain up.

It seems disheartening that people are willing to write these girls off without at least trying to give them a chance to correct their mistake. They are heading to an horrendous life by all accounts. We should be doing everything we can to give them an escape route.
  • Options
    crystalladcrystallad Posts: 3,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the MOD knew these girls were travelling and where aloud to board that plane. They have been a free advert and reminder to get Muslim parents to keep check on there children.

This is an escalating problem and a good move by the government!
  • Options
    DaccoDacco Posts: 3,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Time wrote: »
    Anyone who wants to go and live in the Islamic state should be allowed to do so.
    They shouldn't be allowed back once they discover how terrible it is.

Not in the slightest bit interested what happens to these jihadist brides, if any more want to go then let them......... BUT this must be on the understanding that they will NOT be allowed to re-enter the UK. Good riddance to them.
  • Options
    DaccoDacco Posts: 3,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jcafcw wrote: »
    It seems disheartening that people are willing to write these girls off without at least trying to give them a chance to correct their mistake. They are heading to an horrendous life by all accounts. We should be doing everything we can to give them an escape route.

These jihadist brides have written themselves off and should live by their decision. No escape route.
  • Options
    duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crystallad wrote: »
    I think the MOD knew these girls were travelling and where aloud to board that plane. They have been a free advert and reminder to get Muslim parents to keep check on there children.

This is an escalating problem and a good move by the government!

Well, your wee conspiracy falls at the first hurdle.

Who travels abroad has got absolutely hee-haw to do with the Ministry of Defence.
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    jcafcw wrote: »
    The problem is that teenagers are very impressionable and prone to making bad decisions that they will later regret. We have seen this where sexual predators have taken advantage of teenagers. It is not too much to extrapolate that this can happen in this regard.

Dave Cameron has set the right tone on this showing concern as to how this could happen in the first place. Someone on the BBC news I heard on the radio yesterday did question why, if the police know about these sites, why they are allowed to remain up.

I think you are being a wee bit optimistic. They are Muslim so will get no care or concern from most posters here.
  • Options
    abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    If they want to go, let them. I don't give a jot and I really don't understand the amount of press coverage.

We shouldn't be discouraging anyone from going to Syria to fight for ISIS. We should be offering them free one-way passage with no possibility of a return to the UK.
  • Options
    abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    Daewos wrote: »
    I think you are being a wee bit optimistic. They are Muslim so will get no care or concern from most posters here.
    I couldn't care if they were atheist, Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Sikh, or any other religion.

If they leave this country of their own accord to fight for an opposition force, they have made their beds, so they should be left to lie on them.
  • Options
    BlairdennonBlairdennon Posts: 14,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daewos wrote: »

It is not just Muslim though is it, it also includes going to support and aid a group that beheads British aid workers, kills anyone who does not fall in with their line of thinking and demonstrates barbarity against gays and many other minorities. Who should we have concern for?