Options

Pete: I DID IT FOR MUM

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emzi wrote:
    I'm sure he did it for many reasons (God, heaven, dead friend, mum, tourettes etc) but he did talk about doing his because he had ambitions for himself and his band.

Yep he's basically another Preston. I'd have had a lot more respect for the guy if he'd just come out and said he was doing it to get publicity for his band. Instead he came out with all this dead friend/tourettes/mum bollox.

He's probably done more harm than good for sufferers of tourettes. Kids with TS are probably having "****ers" shouted at them all the time now and people expecting them to be gurning face-pulling idiots who caper around and throw themselves downstairs at every opportunity.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did, very much, until his true intentions became clear.

By the final week it was obvious he was desperate to win.

ALL HM's would want to win. Why shouldnt Pete?

His shameful performance when Ash didn't give him a great speech was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I really really disliked him after that.

Only he knows what his true intentions were.

I agree his RESPONSE to Ais speech was questionable and I would say "out of character.

However the house must have been like a huge pressure cooker nearing the final - Can't you forgive the bloke? - his name might be Perfect Pete - but he really is not Perfect as are none of us.
  • Options
    micramicra Posts: 4,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBDodge wrote:
    I thought Pete did it for God, or heaven, or his dead pal.
    Or maybe, just maybe when you peel away all his BS you get the answer................he did it for himself. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jesaya wrote:
    But he has been honest about it...

Press the button above and you can read this in Pete's original, been there from the beginning, official BB statement...

"Why Big Brother? "To reach the top of my spiral to heaven and shine again. Also, if I was to win the money I would like to pay off my mum’s mortgage so she can finally live her life because she looked after me for so long. And I crave fame and would like to be a famous Touretter"

He also says he wants to help his mum.

Why are people thinking Pete hid these things from viewers?

Just so you know -am Pete Fan.Think my words "isnt it just" may have got mixed up/misinterrupted. There's no button above, please repost.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    popski wrote:
    his name might be Perfect Pete - but he really is not Perfect as are none of us.
    So why are certain people making him out to be perfect then?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...His shameful performance when Ash didn't give him a great speech was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I really really disliked him after that.

Yeah I forgot about that :mad: I think that was one of the turning points for me too. That and the way he realised how bad it might make him look after Ash started crying. So he sneaked into the diary room to whisper he wasn't really bothered rather face Nikki and tell her to STFU and jepordise his OK/Hello deal.

The creep.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    micra wrote:
    So why are certain people making him out to be perfect then?

its just a name Micra. We dont live in Utopia.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    popski wrote:
    its just a name Micra. We dont live in Utopia.
    Cloud cuckoo land?, Brigadoon?, Atlantis?, not the real world? :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,951
    Forum Member
    He did do it for his Mum, and yes he probably did it for media attention as well, SO WHAT, good luck to him
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,259
    Forum Member
    micra wrote:
    Brigadoon?
    Brigadoon??! :eek:
    Oh my God!

Anyway, I think It's likely Pete did BB for various reasons, including:

Fame
    Money for his Mum (nearly typed "Mom" for some reason)
    Awareness for his band
    To prove to himself that he could achieve, and get over his depression (Re: the "spiral" thing)

I think far too much is being made of him "deceiving" people. I don't think he has kind of nasty mind required to "deceive" people.

Re: why he "did" Nikki (If he has yet) I'm sure the 93 days locked up without being able to "have a w*nk" (as Pete so elegantly put it) would account for that. ;)
  • Options
    TaffycwmruTaffycwmru Posts: 9,304
    Forum Member
    mickolakis wrote:
    Yep he's basically another Preston. I'd have had a lot more respect for the guy if he'd just come out and said he was doing it to get publicity for his band. Instead he came out with all this dead friend/tourettes/mum bollox.

He's probably done more harm than good for sufferers of tourettes. Kids with TS are probably having "****ers" shouted at them all the time now and people expecting them to be gurning face-pulling idiots who caper around and throw themselves downstairs at every opportunity.

Yes, that's what bothers me about this whole thing. Imagine you've got a young child who comes home one day and asks if he can bring a friend to tea. You say yes, but then your child mentions that this friend has tourettes .....

Now, you've watched BB and seen Pete in action. What do you say to your kid? Yes, bring your friend to tea? Or, fearing for the safety of your home and furniture, say no?

The kid with tourettes may be a perfectly normal child with a few tics but you've seen BB and are now certain that all tourettes sufferers are like Pete.

Yes, he's done a great dis-service to tourette sufferers everywhere.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    O6BE21A wrote:
    Oh come on it was obvious from his staged falling down the stairs that he craves attention.

Was that the falling down on Launch Night or the post show BBLB??
  • Options
    redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And yet in one interview, not sure if it was with Davina or the press conference, he said 'it was never about the money'. Hmm, make your mind up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taffycwmru wrote:
    Yes, that's what bothers me about this whole thing. Imagine you've got a young child who comes home one day and asks if he can bring a friend to tea. You say yes, but then your child mentions that this friend has tourettes .....

Now, you've watched BB and seen Pete in action. What do you say to your kid? Yes, bring your friend to tea? Or, fearing for the safety of your home and furniture, say no?

The kid with tourettes may be a perfectly normal child with a few tics but you've seen BB and are now certain that all tourettes sufferers are like Pete.

In my world, I'm v. glad to say, people are not so narrow minded! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    redcherry wrote:
    And yet in one interview, not sure if it was with Davina or the press conference, he said 'it was never about the money'. Hmm, make your mind up.

So why doesn't he give it all to charity???
  • Options
    LENCHSALLENCHSAL Posts: 12,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taffycwmru wrote:

After seeing Pete I would happily say yes to any tourettes sufferer coming into my home and have done in the past. Pete didnt break anything in that house and had one of the gentlest ways about him. Yep him and Glyn had a wild time on the last night but that was down to the night and not Petes tourettes.
    You may chose not to have a child with tourettes in your home, your choice but many mums and dads dont have the choice and still have love and happiness within their homes just like Pete has.
  • Options
    TaffycwmruTaffycwmru Posts: 9,304
    Forum Member
    LENCHSAL wrote:
    After seeing Pete I would happily say yes to any tourettes sufferer coming into my home and have done in the past. Pete didnt break anything in that house and had one of the gentlest ways about him. Yep him and Glyn had a wild time on the last night but that was down to the night and not Petes tourettes.
    You may chose not to have a child with tourettes in your home, your choice but many mums and dads dont have the choice and still have love and happiness within their homes just like Pete has.

I wasn't saying that I personally wouldn't have a child with tourettes in my home (I should hope I'm not that narrow minded) but that many other people who have not heard of tourettes before may base their views on Pete's last night in the house and mistakenly judge all tourettes sufferers as being like Pete.
  • Options
    redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    VERENCE wrote:
    So why doesn't he give it all to charity???
    I thought it odd at the time when all along he has said it was for his mum, that he stated (after he had won), it was never about the money!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    redcherry wrote:
    I thought it odd at the time when all along he has said it was for his mum, that he stated (after he had won), it was never about the money!

Did any of the HMs this admit the truth to themselves and us ie that they simply went in for the money??
  • Options
    streetwise Aisstreetwise Ais Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did, very much, until his true intentions became clear. He wouldn't do anything that might jeopardise his popularity - including standing up for his 'friends'. By the final week it was obvious he was desperate to win. His shameful performance when Ash didn't give him a great speech was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I really really disliked him after that.

have to agree with that. I think the worse part of it was the fact that I thought he was decent and until the last few days had no problems with him winning. But his whole "must win or there is no heaven" and his worry that Ais' speech might lose him votes (although how is anybodies guess), particularly because he didnt exactly give a great speech as well, really made me feel conned. And that always feels worse than someone you already know is a wrong 'un.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    VERENCE wrote:
    Did any of the HMs this admit the truth to themselves and us ie that they simply went in for the money??

Yep Dickie was straight up about it, he was after the cash and exposure and good on him for being honest :)
  • Options
    streetwise Aisstreetwise Ais Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    popski wrote:
    I dont get how he could cheat on nomination, not having been privvy to the discussion at the time you mention. I'm sure I will be enlightened.

In any event, if my memory serves me right (and please dont throw tomatoes at me if it doesnt) Pete was nominated *singularly once by Glyn.

*other times it was in a duo like with The best friend task with Richard.

tomatoes coming over...... :p .

What happened was (I did not see this, but others commented on it immediately) he came out of the DR after nominating and gestured with his eyes towards Richard that he had nominated Imogen and Ais. Now there were a few who claimed this and I noted it without comment at the time. However sure enough, next day it was revealed that he did nominate Imogen and Ais. I waiting to see it on the highlights show, because according to those who saw it on the live feed the camera really focused in on what was going on. However they didnt show anything of it and therefore most did not know about it.

Now normally I would need to see something with my own eyes before passing judgement, but the fact that some saw it and they got it right about who he had nominated made me feel that there was a lot of truth in it.

Hope that explains it.

This and the way he behaved over the last week and a half really put me off him.
  • Options
    rubberbandrubberband Posts: 3,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pete did it because he's a media junkie who craves attention. He'd gain a lot more respect from people if he was just honest about it.

zzzzzz...

Again, from the profiles of all HMs this is Pete's:

to reach the top of my spiral to heaven and shine again. Also, if I was to win the money I would like to pay off my mum’s mortgage so she can finally live her life because she looked after me for so long. And I crave fame and would like to be a famous Touretter
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    mickolakis wrote:
    Yep Dickie was straight up about it, he was after the cash and exposure and good on him for being honest :)

It took 13 weeks but I've finally found something to like about him :D
  • Options
    rubberbandrubberband Posts: 3,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It changes to suit each new interview the cheat does.

Are you bovvered? Much?

Here's his reasons as stated in the official profiles which have been around since Day 1:

to reach the top of my spiral to heaven and shine again. Also, if I was to win the money I would like to pay off my mum’s mortgage so she can finally live her life because she looked after me for so long. And I crave fame and would like to be a famous Touretter