Options

Tulisa to be dropped?

Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/11/18/tulisa-dropped-x-factor_n_2153944.html

Personally I'd rather have Dannii back than Cheryl - but prefer both to Tulisa :)

Comments

• Options
    ICON111ICON111 Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope to God it is true.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    I remember a lot of similar articles about Tulisa being dropped last year. And she's still here. Doesn't mean I don't want her to go by the way. She's way too good for this show. I miss the old Ndubz Tulisa. I really do hope she'll quit after this season.
  • Options
    Spy queenSpy queen Posts: 221
    Forum Member
    I hope that is true, danni was very good and fair, no bitching.
  • Options
    SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    Want danni, mel b or a completely new judge
  • Options
    xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    Remember the yearly 'Dannii is axed' rumours? :D
  • Options
    ms2608ms2608 Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louis would like Danni and Tulisa as the two female judges. It sounded as though he would dread Cheryl coming back.
  • Options
    SugarNSpiceSugarNSpice Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wishful thinking. I hope it's true too.

I'd rather see Cheryl back than Dannii, she's more popular than you think.
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...a source told The Sun.....[/nonstory]
  • Options
    Stewie_CStewie_C Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With a bit of luck they will axe the entire show next year! I don't watch the Saturday show any longer - just catch up with the results on fast forward. At this rate I'll be down to just dropping by here after the show to see who went and not watch it at all as I dislike all of the contestants.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will there be another series though? There's worse than Tulisa on the panel to be fair.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They knew when they signed her up she was "Urban" and edgy and that's what they wanted. There's no point in trying to make her into this uber-professional Dannii Minogue Stepford Wife-type now.

I've heard it say she wants to "withdraw from the public scene and have babies" or whatever. I don't expect her - or Gary - back next year.
  • Options
    TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    xeo wrote: »
    Remember the yearly 'Dannii is axed' rumours? :D

And remember the only year the "Dannii is axed" stories weren't everywhere all the time happened to be the year she left? :D
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her and Gary are out of there at the end of this series anyway.

If it does come back next year, they really need to go back to the drawing board and come back with something that works. And bringing back Cheryl isn't what the show needs imo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope it's true. She was great last year. Sadly this year she's anything but.
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching last night I couldn't fault 3/4ers of the panel. Louis and Tulisa make a funny little pairing and Tulisa seems more engaged than she was in her early weeks. And frankly, I don't get a particularly urban vibe from her anyway. Nicole is off in her own little world but she's amusing at times and great in the VT's. Barlow has his moments but he's just not suited to this.

But the ratings are sliding for the second year in a row. Early next year Simon Cowell and his senior team will sit down and look at what went wrong and how they can sort it out. That means everyone's jobs are on the line this year, not just Tulisa. People don't tend to mention Louis and Dermot as being under threat but this year, I think they definitely are.
  • Options
    Stewie_CStewie_C Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think blaming individuals will revive the shows fortunes. Bottom line is we have tired of it, the producers endless manipulation and the fact they rarely produce a winner that is successful. Sacking individuals won't change that.
  • Options
    jioscarjioscar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No keep Tulisa get rid of shirtslinger :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rubbish.

Shes an excellent judge and the show loves stirring up speculation- its free publicity!!

She is clearly popular with her acts and a decent mentor, unlike louis.
  • Options
    iHeartAliKingiHeartAliKing Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danni is fine yes not cheryl she was nothing really just looked at her and she was more blank then a empty notebook
  • Options
    iHeartAliKingiHeartAliKing Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jioscar wrote: »
    No keep Tulisa get rid of shirtslinger :D

you obviously like it plain
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    C14E wrote: »
    Watching last night I couldn't fault 3/4ers of the panel. Louis and Tulisa make a funny little pairing and Tulisa seems more engaged than she was in her early weeks. And frankly, I don't get a particularly urban vibe from her anyway.

Well, she tells us that every week.
    People don't tend to mention Louis and Dermot as being under threat but this year, I think they definitely are.

Tenth season next year. Louis will be there. Dermot is probably the best at what he does. He doesn't get mentioned because he makes it look very easy. People on here have said - and I can almost quote it - 'Dermot's job is easy and anyone could do it'. Really? Holly and Reggie, Steve Jones anyone?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of Tulisa, so I wont miss her.
    I see no talent, no charisma, no style, not sure why she's on the programme, I guess she's there to bring in the same type of viewers.
  • Options
    LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching last night I couldn't fault 3/4ers of the panel. Louis and Tulisa make a funny little pairing and Tulisa seems more engaged than she was in her early weeks. And frankly, I don't get a particularly urban vibe from her anyway. Nicole is off in her own little world but she's amusing at times and great in the VT's. Barlow has his moments but he's just not suited to this.

But the ratings are sliding for the second year in a row. Early next year Simon Cowell and his senior team will sit down and look at what went wrong and how they can sort it out. That means everyone's jobs are on the line this year, not just Tulisa. People don't tend to mention Louis and Dermot as being under threat but this year, I think they definitely are.

They won't be wanting to make it too unrecognisable, so I do think Dermot & Louis will remain on the show especially as they were there when the show was at its biggest, with Gary, Cheryl and Nicole being the other judges.

I can see them hanging onto Nicole because they'll struggle to get someone bigger than her to do it and she has gone down very well this year. If Simon isn't back then they'll attempt to hang onto Gary (although he should be axed, but won't be), and they'll throw money at Cheryl to replace Tulisa because shes already hinted she would.

Gary & Cheryl are good friends so we know there will be a bit of genuine chemistry there, but also Cheryl & Louis have history not to mention the interest that Cheryl & Nicole would generate. It would be a lot more integrated than it currently is, and when you break it down its Tulisa that is the weak link because she only really bothers with Louis.
  • Options
    Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not a fan of Dermot- he mumbles his way through the show. I can barely understand a word he's saying.
  • Options
    ribtickleribtickle Posts: 6,361
    Forum Member
    I've always liked her, never posted a bad word, but this year she has seemed distracted, disinterested, and even her body language, slumped in the judge's chair, speaks volumes.

The other thing which has slowly turned me off is this continuous line about her urban roots, as if it is synonymous with cool and all other music genres are rendered inferior and irrelevant. A lot of urban music is actually quite pretentious in the extreme, desperate to get down wiv da kidz, and the acts, for example Misha B, can be arrogance personified.