Options

Corrie 03/12/2010: She's Leaving Home

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    porshacat wrote: »
    When she was with him and being a good wife and he thought he had a little family why wasn't he happy with that?

Had to go on and on about her squeezing another out. :mad:

Serves him right.

I agree. He's driven Molly away by being childish. She was making an effort with the marriage too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »
    The Bev Callard situation is bizarre.

Very odd. Where's she got to?
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why couldn't Tyrone have stopped his constant going on at Molly about another baby? It's just stupid of him.

He never stopped applying the pressure did he? But why couldn't Molly just have told him outright that she didn't want another child yet if ever? She could have put him straight when he first brought up the subject FGS.

But I have to say that if I'd been Molly and he was putting pressure on ME like that after I'd just given birth a few months ago I'd have cut off his tackle and served it up with mashed potatoes for his tea :D
    John Dough wrote: »
    Becky doesn't behave like an 'ero next week neither I've read.:mad:

I'm quite surprised at that because she was quite a hero trying to save Hayley during the siege of the factory. Obviously only a hero for people she loves then?
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Tina's colour is ridiculous - I thought the producer had told them to tone it down now!!!

She's such a pretty girl she doesn't need all that false tan. I'm looking forward to seeing her look a bit more glam behind the bar of the Rovers actually, at least I hope she looks a bit more glam!
    Espresso wrote: »
    Nice to see Becky offering Rita the money for the comic and the sweeties, was it not?

I think she was more shocked by what Rita was saying about her nephew escaping to the shop than to worry about paying Rita! She might go and pay her later but knowing Rita she won't accept it.

And what the hell was Owen playing at sticking his head around the door and giving his opinion? What a cheeck!
    So Liz is in Spain!!! When was that invented????

It was a it mad her not being here for that storyline wasn't it? It just didn't make sense her not being there and Jim and Owen preening like peacocks to get her attention! Must have been a good reason though.
    nw0307 wrote: »
    I'm sorry but Tyrone is an ultimate drama Queen. Even if Molly has had an affair, surely it's right to spend your first xmas together? I'm actually starting to despise Tyrone and would hate to married to the moron

I agree. Ty should have checked everything out with Molly regarding Christmas arrangements then he wouldn't have had to go and tell them it was all off. Silly boy.
    John Dough wrote: »
    They're really milking the '50th'.:rolleyes:

As they should. A TV programme still going strong after 50 years? Definite reason for celebration IMO.
    I read that she was on Loose Women last week as a panellist (her new career)

Well I won't be watching then. Can't stand those harpies. Quite often record This Morning to see who's been on it but I give Loose Women a very wide birth.
    nw0307 wrote: »
    go on Sal tell Tyrone he's a self centred immature ****

Aw I like Sally at the moment and in any other circumstances her wise words would have been spot on but she wasn't to know that Molly is leaving Ty.

Can I just point something out about last nights episode while I'm here? I hated it when Kev said she's taken on cancer and beat it. She hasn't 'beaten' it, she's in remission. And I also hate the term 'fight/fought' because it's almost implying that those who have died didn't fight hard enough, which is wrong. Just one of my bugbears - now back to Corrie.
    Tyrone want want want.
    Wants it all too soon, that's his problem. If he'd left well alone on the baby front things might have settled down.

As much as I feel sorry for Ty I have to agree with you. He wouldn't let it drop and made too big a thing of finding the pills. Molly hasn't been back with Ty for that long and you'd have thought he'd still be walking on eggshells with her to a certain extent instead of piling on the pressure.
    smashbox wrote: »
    I despise Molly

Don't despise her but I know what you mean and her timing is dire. Just a matter of weeks after Jack's death and just before Christmas. Nice one Molly you selfish cow. I thought she was supposed to care about Ty even if she isn't in love with him anymore? Nice way to treat someone you care about.
    ukool wrote: »
    Its going to be a loooong weekend. Roll on tram week.

Isn't it? I can't wait for next week :) If my SKY transmission lets me down with this dodgy weather I'll sue the buggers! :D
    Did anyone else get SERIOUS vibes about Reets tonight? :o

I'm fairly sure she won't die but..... I couldn't help but feel they were setting it up.

My hubby is convinced she's going to be trammed too. He'll be SO smug if he's right!
    NikkiClo wrote: »
    I thought that was a reaction to Jacks death, that he wanted another baby? just his way of dealing with Jacks death..she has been awful to him though, at least Kevin dumped Molly and is staying loyal to Sally

for now anyway! hope Sally doesn't find out

Yes, you could have a point. He's grieving isn't he and not exactly feeling his usual self. Maybe he was desperate for a little girl to call Vera :D
    And talking of missing characters, where's Norris lately??

The entire episode felt very eerie, knowing what's just around the corner. The last episode where we will see Corrie as we all know it. Things really will change forever in 3 days time:cry:

Yes, where is Norris?! I hope he's in next weeks or I'll be very disappointed. We've got to have Norris panicking!

And I never thought that Corrie's going to be/look completely different, that makes me a bit sad actually.
    yeah its said to realise corrie will never be the same again knowing whats around the corner :(

Agreed.
    Charlotte is amazing! I absolutely adore her. I loved it when she said to John he had to buy her a christmas tree as Fiz has one LOL! Then assuming he was going to leave Fiz for her! She is fabulous.

She was brilliant tonight. There I was, astonished that she was taking Stapes dumping of her exceptionally well but she turned completely turned it round into him dumping Fiz! :eek: She's a deluded loon but brilliant to watch.

And er, speaking of Norris, has Rita bought the shop back of him or something? Because surely it was HIM that Tina should have been handing her resignation in to, not Rita?
  • Options
    MODTLMODTL Posts: 1,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Yes, where is Norris?! I hope he's in next weeks or I'll be very disappointed. We've got to have Norris panicking!
    Yes Norris is in next weeks episodes. On the Wednesday ITV preview he tells a police officer that The Kabin is his shop and that Rita is off out enjoying herself. He then phones her to tell her about the shop being 'trammed' only to get no reply. He tells Emily she's probably talking to Doreen before the shot changes to inside The Kabin and Rita lying injured (and dying?) with her phone ringing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MODTL wrote: »
    Yes Norris is in next weeks episodes. On the Wednesday ITV preview he tells a police officer that The Kabin is his shop and that Rita is off out enjoying herself. He then phones her to tell her about the shop being 'trammed' only to get no reply. He tells Emily she's probably talking to Doreen before the shot changes to inside The Kabin and Rita lying injured (and dying?) with her phone ringing.

Thanks MODTL! :) Sounds like good stuff, can't wait now!!!!!
  • Options
    daryl_spicerdaryl_spicer Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tyrone and Kevin:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Options
    funcifunci Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Espresso wrote: »
    I had to think for a minute when Leanne mentioned Uncle Steve at the pub. Such convoluted families in Weatherfield.:D

I am still puzzled, please could someone explain?:confused::confused:
  • Options
    daryl_spicerdaryl_spicer Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter and Tracey brother and sister Steve father of Tracey's child
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh my! Funny how that's the first time I've ever heard this in the however many years they've been together!

• Options
    JohnBoy WaltonJohnBoy Walton Posts: 993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    funci wrote: »
    Oh my! Funny how that's the first time I've ever heard this in the however many years they've been together!

First time you heard that Peter and Tracey were brother and sister? After that then it is kind of obvious!
  • Options
    LucyDTrymLucyDTrym Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grey wrote: »
    I prefer to speculate rather than read spoilers but ITV advertising "Four funerals and a wedding" gives a lot of stuff away
    So old looking new Nick was wasting his time asking Leanne to marry him (again) unless the actor who plays Peter does a runner again
    Characters I'd like to see trammed: Molly--- Stape ---new Nick and Becky's sister. Pity it's not about Ten funerals. There's plenty more characters that are expendable

I dont get the wedding bit not at all.

They are supposed to be married on Tuesday as they were having their stag nights monday when the disaster hit.

How would they Leanne and Peter then get married in all that carnage??????

The only way is on a death bed surely?

You wouldnt go ahead and get married after a) being blown off your backside and b) trapped under rubble there must be lots of injurys to sort out first.

No I dont get this wedding bit at all....must stay patient lol......but its blooming hard..................
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First time you heard that Peter and Tracey were brother and sister? After that then it is kind of obvious!

erm no! First time I've heard him be called Uncle Steve!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    JohnBoy WaltonJohnBoy Walton Posts: 993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am still puzzled, please could someone explain?:confused::confused:
    erm no! First time I've heard him be called Uncle Steve!:rolleyes:

Not what you said above. If you know they are brother and sister then the rest is surely self explanatory.
  • Options
    Doll FeetDoll Feet Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When she was with him and being a good wife and he thought he had a little family why wasn't he happy with that?

Had to go on and on about her squeezing another out. :mad:

Serves him right.

Ty's not too bright and he's blissfully happy with baby Jack but he's noticed that something is missing. She hasn't been a good wife at all, distracted and still wanting Kevin, little or no sex or even affection with Tyrone, not exactly a doting mum. As he hasn't a clue what's going on maybe the only conclusion he could come to was that the something missing was a bigger family.

I really like Tyrone, I'm dreading all the hurt they're going to put him through. That little "Please!" just before they cut to another scene really tugged on my heartstrings.

Can't stand Owen, the sooner he leaves the better.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    lotty27 wrote: »
    snip

Can I just point something out about last nights episode while I'm here? I hated it when Kev said she's taken on cancer and beat it. She hasn't 'beaten' it, she's in remission. And I also hate the term 'fight/fought' because it's almost implying that those who have died didn't fight hard enough, which is wrong. Just one of my bugbears - now back to Corrie.

snip

I commend you for that. I also don't like the 'heroic' language around it. For a lot of people that language feels right and I don't want to take that away from them but it makes me feel uncomfortable. The other one I don't like is: 'With our love he/she beat it.' Again, the ones who didn't live; were they not loved enough?
    I am still searching for a language to describe my family's experience.

Sorry for derailing the thread.

BTW; how sweet that your user name was my Mama's third christian name. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LucyDTrym wrote: »

They are supposed to be married on Tuesday as they were having their stag nights monday when the disaster hit.

You wouldnt go ahead and get married after a) being blown off your backside and b) trapped under rubble there must be lots of injurys to sort out first.

No I dont get this wedding bit at all....must stay patient lol......but its blooming hard..................

I dont see how they can have a wedding with all that carnage? Doesnt make sense to me either..........
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Becky was very annoying last night talking to max as if he's a baby, in fact calling him baby instead of his name!

Also, i thought steve was called uncle steve as a friend of the family but not really your uncle!
  • Options
    Jackie BrownJackie Brown Posts: 3,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know she's acted like a bitch, but I'm not surprised Molly wants to run for the hills with Tyrone whining on and on and pressurising her about having another child only a few months after giving birth. Is he a complete imbecile? I would have brained the big oaf by now. He was doing my head in.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Doll Feet wrote: »
    Ty's not too bright and he's blissfully happy with baby Jack but he's noticed that something is missing. She hasn't been a good wife at all, distracted and still wanting Kevin, little or no sex or even affection with Tyrone, not exactly a doting mum. As he hasn't a clue what's going on maybe the only conclusion he could come to was that the something missing was a bigger family.

I really like Tyrone, I'm dreading all the hurt they're going to put him through. That little "Please!" just before they cut to another scene really tugged on my heartstrings.

I suppose that's one way of looking at it.
    He 'feels' there's something missing, but is casting around desperately trying to find the missing part as she's not giving him any clues apart from being ar$ey with him.
    I know she's acted like a bitch, but I'm not surprised Molly wants to run for the hills with Tyrone whining on and on and pressurising her about having another child only a few months after giving birth. Is he a complete imbecile? I would have brained the big oaf by now. He was doing my head in.

Come on give the poor bloke a break, although I can see your point.
    If she was a bit more patient/consistent with him then things would be easier, he usually does get the message if it's explained to him, but she made the mistake of relenting.
    How he didn't understand that she'd want to spend Jack's first Christmas at home, just the 3 of them I don't know.

Herself was more like Tyrone in our case, every bugger was around and getting all involved with my Twins before I got a look in, knew things were going to go downhill from then and I was right.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not what you said above. If you know they are brother and sister then the rest is surely self explanatory.

With her prolonged absence, I forgot that Tracy was Amy's mother. However now that someone reminded me I understand it and yes, it was self explanatory then.

I have honestly never heard Simon call Steve Uncle before though.
  • Options
    valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    Originally Posted by lotty27
    Can I just point something out about last nights episode while I'm here? I hated it when Kev said she's taken on cancer and beat it. She hasn't 'beaten' it, she's in remission. And I also hate the term 'fight/fought' because it's almost implying that those who have died didn't fight hard enough, which is wrong. Just one of my bugbears.

Do you have experience of cancer? My sister fought cancer when she was 34, then fought it again 14years later and died!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LucyDTrym wrote: »

BIB: NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Don't let them be killing off Peter, I really like Peter :cry: OR Leanne come to that! :eek: No, don't like that idea at all.

Just think, this time next week we'll know everything! But Monday seems ages away yet!
    Doll Feet wrote: »

Totally agree with everything except the doting mum bit. Molly loves her baby. But do you mean she's doing what's best for her and not her baby by breaking up the family home?

The catalyst for Molly seems to have been the confirmation of Kev as Jack's father. She was coping until then. But Kevin just HAD to know whether Jack was his or not, fair enough, but did he really have to go over to Molly's and throw the news in her face too? Could he not have kept it to himself if he wasn't going to do anything about it? He should have known the news would completely unsettle her. Whereas before she could kid herself that Jack was Tyrone's, thanks to Kev that was no longer possible and changed everything for her. She could have given it a go when she thought that she was keeping her family unit together, but not once the truth was rudely shoved in her face. She couldn't live a lie :( Kev has to accept alot of responsiblity for the Dobbs family imploding. And where exactly did it get him finding out for sure? He's still with Sally and has no intention of leaving her whereas he dropped a bomb on Molly. Selfish git.
    katinka wrote: »
    I commend you for that. I also don't like the 'heroic' language around it. For a lot of people that language feels right and I don't want to take that away from them but it makes me feel uncomfortable. The other one I don't like is: 'With our love he/she beat it.' Again, the ones who didn't live; were they not loved enough?
    I am still searching for a language to describe my family's experience.

Sorry for derailing the thread.

BTW; how sweet that your user name was my Mama's third christian name. :)

Thank katinka :) Agree with the 'love' bit too. And you're right, there are no words to explain it are there? So maybe if these 'fight' and 'love' words help other people then maybe I'm being a little bit unfair but where I'm resolute is the 'beaten' it remark made by Kev only a year later. I would never, ever use that term, even 10 years later as I'd be frightened that I was tempting fate. It might be daft but that's me!

And if your Mama's called Lotty she must be a great person! ;):D
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't regard them as brother and sister and I bet they don't either:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valtimmy wrote: »
    Do you have experience of cancer? My sister fought cancer when she was 34, then fought it again 14years later and died!

Of course I have experience of cancer, why do you think I posted such a thing? I lost my father to cancer when he was only 49 and I was his principle carer (I was 20). I've watched my eldest brother 'battle' (and it IS a battle) the disease, he's in remission (his term even though it's over the 5 years). I know what cancer does to people, the strain that chemo, radiation etc puts on their bodies and the suffering that goes with it.

I was stating a personal opinion about the language used. It's almost like saying that someone didn't fight hard enough or like another poster says, wasn't loved when usually it's just down to bad luck, not whether the person involved fought hard, had great spirit etc.

I did qualify my remarks by saying that it was my personal opinion. If I've inadvertently upset you or anyone else, my sincere apologies.
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NikkiClo wrote: »
    Poor Tyrone, Molly is evil!
    He's a bloody drip isn't he, going on and on about having a baby and spending Crimbo with the Websters ad nauseum but you have to feel sorry for him