Turning points

BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Any particulat moment when you changed your view of someone this year?
I really went off Matt during Rock Week when he did wimpy ballad Nights In White Satin. I know the themes/rules have been loose as hell but that really took the pee as far as I'm concerned and I still hold it against him.
Paige went up in my estimation when he did that awful Monkees song. Felt really sorry for the guy being lumbered with that rubbish to sing but he actually managed to eke out a performance with it.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come Together and the vest was a definable turning point in Matt's desperate attitude and how low he would go in order to win, credibility went out the window and showed he would be the obvious Cowell puppet; it completely backfired against him as he thought it was going to make him the next Johnny Depp or something. What a riot.:D
  • threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't like Aiden till about week 3 then really grew to love him.

I yo-yo with Rebecca I started to get bored with her but really enjoyed her performances Saturday.

Matt, for me, is just so consistent and I still love his voice.

Went off 1D about halfway through who were one of my initial favourites.

Cher I can give or take, best performer but not the best of singers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woowho wrote: »
    Come Together and the vest was a definable turning point in Matt's desperate attitude and how low he would go in order to win, credibility went out the window and showed he would be the obvious Cowell puppet; it completely backfired against him as he thought it was going to make him the next Johnny Depp or something. What a riot.:D

I don't think you can blame Matt for that completely. I agree it was horrible (but not as horrible as Olly Murs) - but as for song choices....that's Dannii and/or the producers' call. I'll say producers, 'cos I like Dannii.
  • puckbunnypuckbunny Posts: 28,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt : I have loved him right from his first audition

Rebecca : Sometimes I like her sometimes I don't

Cher : can't stand her , never liked her

One direction : never felt like a proper band to me always felt like it was a 4 peice boy band plus one , zayne never looked comfortable with them till the night they sang Total eclipse of the heart from then on I really liked them they seemed to gel that night .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't say a bad word about Matt. He is consistently good, to me and has a beautiful voice. Lots of love and respect for him.

Rebecca, i do like as well. Not as much as Matt. But she does the same thing, and Amazing Grace annoyed me. But the fact she did Show Me Love saved her.

1D i actually really liked Torn... but have gone off them from there.

Cher, never liked her, didn't see the hype and never will. I actually though Turn My Swag on sounded like it had been tweaked... but no she actually sings like Cats are being strangled.
  • RupertPupkinRupertPupkin Posts: 1,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ha yes. The funniest thing about that whole sorry-arsed affair was Matt's Cheshire Cat grin as the dancing girls fluttered around him and his minty vest. I'm not a P.R. pro by any means but I thought it just assassinated him and they (Cowell etc) knew exactly what they were doing. The whole statement was: this muppet has swallowed the whole nine yeards of hype, hook, line and sinker. It was priceless. :D
  • marmaduke1874marmaduke1874 Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    The turning point of the whole series was when Cheryl picked Cher and Katie over better singers prior to the live shows.

Since then every week has been about attempting to justify that decision.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha yes. The funniest thing about that whole sorry-arsed affair was Matt's Cheshire Cat grin as the dancing girls fluttered around him and his minty vest. I'm not a P.R. pro by any means but I thought it just assassinated him and they (Cowell etc) knew exactly what they were doing. The whole statement was: this muppet has swallowed the whole nine yeards of hype, hook, line and sinker. It was priceless. :D

Mmm, he then went and tried some bumbling performance in rock week where he tried to mimic Batman's voice or something, which was just as corny but without the vest. :D
  • RupertPupkinRupertPupkin Posts: 1,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mmm, he then went and tried some bumbling performance in rock week where he tried to mimic Batman's voice or something, which was just as corny but without the vest. :D

It's as well the show finishes this week as there's no telling how far the desperation could lead. I could imagine Danni eyeing up that Glee lad in the wheelchair and thinking: hmm... vulnerable, plucky, sexy, the whole Tiny Tim package... the new Matt!