Ian.

Comments

• c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No real surprise.
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    no point really will have probally have it on DVD and seen it in 3D at the cinema :yawn:
  • Aaron_ScotlandAaron_Scotland Posts: 8,487
    Forum Member
    Fantastic, Saves me waiting until the 3D Blueray is for sale!
  • simon194simon194 Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic, Saves me waiting until the 3D Blueray is for sale!

Which will be a long time coming if Panasonic's rumoured 2+ years exclusivity deal with Twentieth Century Fox is true.
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fhs man 2 wrote: »
    no point really will have probally have it on DVD and seen it in 3D at the cinema :yawn:

Right, so YOU'VE seen it at the cinema in 3D, and YOU might have the DVD by Christmas, so Sky might as well not bother to show it, doesn't matter about the rest of us that pay or subs to watch these films :rolleyes:
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How many people actually have Sky 3D though?

About 20?
  • The Big RobertoThe Big Roberto Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    Paddy C wrote: »

About 20?

More like thousands and counting now that 3d TVs are less than £900
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got one BUT I refuse to pay again to watch their box office offerings & if thir evening prog content dont vastly improve it will be 1 less customer in the new year
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    SPOILER NOTICE: Avatar's not really that good :p
  • stuartfstuartf Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    I have a 3D TV. A Sky subscription with everything except the sports packages. (£50 a month)

I would love the 3D channel but I am not prepared to pay an extra £11 a month for it.

Sky's web site is very misleading. It says "get it all" for £52. It shows the HD pack already checked but putting the items in the basket shows a monthly charge of £61 due to the £10 HD sub being an extra

So I'm not getting it all for £52 a month am I Sky!

Had a frustrating discussion with a phone rep at Sky who could not understand why I would only expect to pay £52 as advertised.

One for advertising standards if they would actually do anything about it

Stuart
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    SPOILER NOTICE: Avatar's not really that good :p
    I agree with you totally...watched 15 minutes of it and gave it up as a bad job. Just not to my taste I guess.
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    if its the biggest selling DVD of all time then majority have already seen it

and the 3D was just about as crap as the movie
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hx1yamaha wrote: »
    I got one BUT I refuse to pay again to watch their box office offerings & if thir evening prog content dont vastly improve it will be 1 less customer in the new year

All PPV programmes on Sky 3D were also PPV on the SD/HD channels.

The list of programmes/films published today are not PPV.

As you don't pay extra for 3D how will you become one less customer?
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fhs man 2 wrote: »
    if its the biggest selling DVD of all time then majority have already seen it

Majority of who?

The World population?
    The European Population?
    The UK Population?
    Or the majority of people who buy DVD's?

Still plenty of people out there that don't, and wait for it to appear on Sky instead (as the additional Movies costs if you have Sports is probably less than 1 DVD).
  • Gizmo247Gizmo247 Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    The fact that Sky provide only one 3D channel instead of one 3D channel for movies and one 3D channel for sport speak volumes.

Sky think it's a premium product where as the customer is not really fussed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    Can anyone actually name a qualitative 3D film?

Avatar is really the best of a bad lot - it was actually quite a joy to watch in 3D on a big screen, such as the IMAX, but as a film it really was rather average.
  • lozloz Posts: 4,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/3d/whats-on/ it is on from December 15th :confused:

Mind you in one place it says Wednesday 15th, and then elsewhere on the page says Saturday 15th... So who knows.
  • lozloz Posts: 4,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »

About 20?
    More like thousands and counting now that 3d TVs are less than £900

Apparently 120,000 3DTVs have been sold in the UK this year.

I would bet the majority of them have Sky 3D.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are 100,000 Sky 3D subscribers come Christmas.
  • THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,447
    Forum Member
    loz wrote: »

I've got the Sky 3D TV channel along with my 3D TV and i'm certainly looking forward to seeing Avatar in 3D, although as i'm away over the Christmas and New Year period i'll have to record it on my HD box to see on my return in the New Year.
    Ian.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    loz wrote: »

Make that one more.... Just bought one for Delivery on Monday....:cool:

So, I guess that is now 120,001 3D TV so far this year !:rolleyes:

I did speak to one internet supplier, and he stated that he had 39 people waiting on delivery for a single Samsung model that they sell... that was today, so sales must be increasing dramatically ! :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    I've had the Sky 3D channel for about a month and its great, agree with Sky that it is 'Event' TV and so Avatar in 3D will be that, the Boxing (which I did not get on SBO, but watched the repeat) was really brilliant despite the fight being poor. Plus there are more films on the channel than you can actually buy on Blu Ray 3D!
  • technoguytechnoguy Posts: 2,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky have the World Premiere of Avatar 3D, just thought i'd share that useless info with you. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    3D via your Home TV is amazing.... even my sceptical Wife was sat there going "oh, my god, oh, my god !" - and yes, she was simply watching the SKY 3D channe ;)

It really is very impressive, even more than the 3D exhibits at your local Electrical Store...

I highly recommend, that if you are on the fence, then don't be.... just make the move to 3D and you won't regret it ! :)

Looking forward to a night in watching Avatar in 3D on SKY ! :cool:
  • BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought 3D had died on its arse... this thread's astonished me!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    not just 3d it will be shown in hd and sd also