Beautiful Exit for Stacey

CJWALKERCJWALKER Posts: 545
Forum Member
✭✭
Awww i actually filled up there, what a stunning final scene for Stacey!

Made me shed a tear, julias theme and the shot of London at night!

Beautiful exit!

Up there with Peggys final scene

Comments

• rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can you just turn up at the Airport without booking and get on plane? and Espcailly today of all days
  • Shady123Shady123 Posts: 4,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A fabulous and well deserved exit :) and I knew she'd get julias theme. I started to wonder if she really would when we had the scene of max returning to the square but then we got that lovely plane scene :)

Well done eastenders best soap of the night by far :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    Very unrealistic but nice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,749
    Forum Member
    Agreed. At the end i felt a tear :cry:
  • Ffion18Ffion18 Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    I liked it. It was a nice little happy ending as opposed to a morbid one I enjoyed that.
  • PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    Unrealistic but fantastic. Tonight's been my favourite episode for a long long time.
  • Sally LinzSally Linz Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rick182 wrote: »
    How can you just turn up at the Airport without booking and get on plane? and Espcailly today of all days
    I'm sure we can overlook minor niggles in light of what was a very good episode.

I liked the special end credits.
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a great end to a great character.
  • chaz richchaz rich Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I am really suprised at you, I would have thought you would have known City airport is open 24/7,
    365 days of the year for departing soap stars !! :D
  • KellerKeller Posts: 5,970
    Forum Member
    Reminded me of Kathy's exit which is by far my favourite EastEnders exit of all time but I think this just topped it. Beautiful camera work, Julia's Theme and credits along with the brilliant acting from Jake and Lacey.

Same as any other day, airports are open all year round and although some airlines don't operate today a lot still have flights especially in the evening. With all that money Stacey could have gone to the ticket desk and the agent would have put her on standby or if there was a spare seat booked her on it and checked her in there and then.

London City is actually closed on Christmas Day but you never know with airports, it's never set in stone.
  • Shane ParrishShane Parrish Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was a beautiful ending. So long Stacey. Last scene made me cry.
  • Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. She deserves a great exit! At least the door is left open for her to return! :)
  • Sally LinzSally Linz Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keller wrote: »
    Reminded me of Kathy's exit which is by far my favourite EastEnders exit of all time but I think this just topped it. Beautiful camera work, Julia's Theme and credits along with the brilliant acting from Jake and Lacey.

Same as any other day, airports are open all year round and although some airlines don't operate today a lot still have flights especially in the evening. With all that money Stacey could have gone to the ticket desk and the agent would have put her on standby or if there was a spare seat booked her on it and checked her in there and then.
    The only thing that would have made it better was had they done special music for her like Kathy and Peggy but it was still a beautiful exit.
    Forum Member
    Keller wrote: »

London City is actually closed on Christmas Day but you never know with airports, it's never set in stone.

Isn't it a law that you have to have 2 seats if you have a baby even if it's sitting on your lap?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fantastic episode tonight the perfect exit well done! :):):)
    Forum Member
    Hogs Head wrote: »
    Agreed. She deserves a great exit! At least the door is left open for her to return! :)

Can she really return now? Roxy or Janine would call the police and she'd be straight back out again. :(
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a very nice exit for her :)

A bit implausible though as she would not be safe anywhere "abroad" as Max put it.For instance,if she flew to any country within the EU,she could be arrested and extradited back to the UK immediately.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paparazzo wrote: »
    Can she really return now? Roxy or Janine would call the police and she'd be straight back out again. :(

Not neccessarily : it may have become evident to the police in the meantime that Janine had stabbed herself.She would still have to face the rap for Archie's death though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hmmm, maybe a few years down the line when the murder is swept underneath the carpet, and is practically a distant memory (like everything else in soaps! :D)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dull exit and was very anti-climactic. I was expecting way more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David0056 wrote: »
    Dull exit and was very anti-climactic. I was expecting way more.

Geez - hasn't poor Stacey been through enough? :D
  • cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the only criticism I have is the "going abroad" part, going abroad where exactly? was she just going to hop on the next flight available and somehow find somewhere suitable for her and a baby to stay? isn't Zoe "abroad"? it would have been more realistic if she had said she was going to stay with Zoe, then they could be on the run together :D
  • cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hogs Head wrote: »
    Hmmm, maybe a few years down the line when the murder is swept underneath the carpet, and is practically a distant memory (like everything else in soaps! :D)

well the law did catch up with Sam Mitchell eventually!
  • KellerKeller Posts: 5,970
    Forum Member
    Isn't it a law that you have to have 2 seats if you have a baby even if it's sitting on your lap?

No, it varies from airline to airline but the Civil Aviation Authority don't make it a requirement. Most airlines want full fare paying passengers in every seat so sitting on the adult's lap is normal. A seat belt extension is given by cabin crew like myself. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cobis wrote: »
    the only criticism I have is the "going abroad" part, going abroad where exactly? was she just going to hop on the next flight available and somehow find somewhere suitable for her and a baby to stay? isn't Zoe "abroad"? it would have been more realistic if she had said she was going to stay with Zoe, then they could be on the run together :D

Exactly what I thought, actually! :D But I am content with the thought that she ends up in a little Spanish village where she brings up her baby and lives happily ever after!