• kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like in supernatural mmmmm :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisiesfan wrote: »
    Can't wait for this It's the only new show that looks worth bothering with this season.

Is Arrow his name , if so , it's pretty naff isn't it .

Imagine Spiderman being called Webb instead .
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Alexis07 wrote: »

It's Green Arrow in the comics
  • DeccomajorDeccomajor Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    It's Green Arrow in the comics

The original show was going to be called 'Green Arrow', but they changed it for some reason to just 'Arrow'.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alexis07 wrote: »

Green Arrow is the name of the person in the comics, and the characters real name, Oliver Queen. (or Ollie).
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deccomajor wrote: »
    The original show was going to be called 'Green Arrow', but they changed it for some reason to just 'Arrow'.

Widen it's market. I don't read comics but watched the first few seasons of Smallville. "Green Arrow" would have made the comic book people happy, but people like me... who have never read it may just think "I won't get it" (I did worry about this). By calling it "Arrow" it brings a different audience to it, eg. as Stephen said, you don;t need to have read the comics to understand and get into the show.
  • DeccomajorDeccomajor Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »
    Widen it's market. I don't read comics but watched the first few seasons of Smallville. "Green Arrow" would have made the comic book people happy, but people like me... who have never read it may just think "I won't get it" (I did worry about this). By calling it "Arrow" it brings a different audience to it, eg. as Stephen said, you don;t need to have read the comics to understand and get into the show.

Never read the comics either, to be honest Green Arrow was one 'superhero' that passed me in my younger days, personally Arrow has a better ring to it than 'Green Arrow'.
  • tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member
    The show got picked up for a full season today, so enjoy!
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sky plussed the first episode, am looking forward to watching it. :)
  • SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    horsepills wrote: »
    Seriously?? The combat stuff I can live with, but to think someone could be away from technology for five years then suddenly come back and instantly hack into someone's finances is ludicrous.

I'm not knocking the show overall, I enjoyed it - but the computer stuff was really OTT. Five years is a lifetime in terms of computer hacking. Anyone that thinks that was plausible is insane.

Perhaps a bit too soon to be trying to pick holes like that - we don't know what he has been doing on the island except "a lot".

Besides, it is part of the genre - Bruce Wayne was pretty handy when he returned from the wilderness too.

I thought it was great stuff, slick with good action and pacing. Some good lines too - espcially from his mate.

And Stephen Amell has the physical chops too - his free running and fighting were impressive, not to mention those salmon ladder pull-ups. Always better when they don't cheat these things.
  • PriliclaPrilicla Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry also nickpicking. What about all those bullets firing at the Arrow not getting injured!!?
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    jenzie wrote: »
    rather enjoyed it myself ..... but perhaps he should use more weaponry like a boomerang or something other than his bow!
    Or a Gun.
    horsepills wrote: »
    Seriously?? The combat stuff I can live with, but to think someone could be away from technology for five years then suddenly come back and instantly hack into someone's finances is ludicrous.
    5 years.....not 50.

Really enjoyed Arrow last night, a sort of Dallas meets Batman, does Robin Hood.

And I'm liking the attorney.

But is Tommy going to be Oliver's Will Scarlet/Robin....;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoyed this, just hope it dont turn into just a monster of the week style show and we get plenty of ongoing storyline.

Does anyone know how many episodes in Season 1.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    jenzie wrote: »
    rather enjoyed it myself ..... but perhaps he should use more weaponry like a boomerang or something other than his bow!

DC Comics villain Captain Boomerang has probably got the sole rights to using boomerangs

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/George_Harkness_(New_Earth)
    Stansfield wrote: »

But is Tommy going to be Oliver's Will Scarlet/Robin....;)

It depends how much the series is going to follow storylines in the comics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merlyn_(DC_Comics)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enjoyed this, just hope it dont turn into just a monster of the week style show and we get plenty of ongoing storyline.

22 episodes
  • jedi mattjedi matt Posts: 1,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished watching episode 1 and was wondering if they have changed his origin story slightly because last I checked both his parents died together in a plane crash and he had no sister as he was a only child
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

EDIT:Got beaten to it. my network had problems

Yesterday it was confirmed for 22 episodes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    22 episodes
    Prilicla wrote: »
    Yesterday it was confirmed for 22 episodes.

Thanks guys, lets just hope it dont go downhill like a lot of shows that have long season runs.

BTW where do you guys go to find out how many episodes in these new seasons.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks guys, lets just hope it dont go downhill like a lot of shows that have long season runs.

I looked it up at wikipedia
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Wikipedia and sites like

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/

and

http://www.geektown.co.uk/
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    jedi matt wrote: »
    Just finished watching episode 1 and was wondering if they have changed his origin story slightly because last I checked both his parents died together in a plane crash and he had no sister as he was a only child

Yeh, they've changed it. Probably a CW mandate to have a "teenage" girl in the cast, but not sure why they decided to keep his mother alive and to change the name of the city.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I wonder if
    His Sister will become his sidekick he did call her Speedy which is the name of his sidekick and like Robin there has been more than one and the 2nd one is female
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if
    His Sister will become his sidekick he did call her Speedy which is the name of his sidekick and like Robin there has been more than one and the 2nd one is female

That's what I thought as soon as
    I saw "Speedy" taking drugs which is something the original Speedy was infamous for doing at one point
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »

Will bookmark these sites as they look pretty good, thanks.
  • SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    Prilicla wrote: »
    Sorry also nickpicking. What about all those bullets firing at the Arrow not getting injured!!?

They missed.

To be fair, that happens in most action series/films as well as in real life.

Also, not a great superhero if he keeps getting shot.