Getting bored with iPhone...whats the best current phone?

Scoobyh1Scoobyh1 Posts: 2,131
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hey guys,

Bit disappointed with the iPhone 5 recently, the battery is absolutely rubbish and lasts a few hours and that's it.

I also wish the phone was as big as other phones, iPhone is a little small for me.

Also I really would like 4G and unfortunately I cannot get that on iPhone as I'm with O2.

I think I need an upgrade.

So what's the best phone at the moment?

Need some answers to some questions though, I have all my music on my iTunes, is it easy to transfer? Do Android have its own software to store my music so I can listen to it on my computer aswell? Is the Battery Life good or at least better than iPhone? I also have a lot of data so will need a mininum of 32GB? Will it be possible to transfer over?

Thanks guys!

Comments

• dazpotdazpot Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    Htc one , Samsung galaxy s4
  • fluffedfluffed Posts: 1,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can upload music/ your itunes library to Google Music for listening to on the phone or pc, limit is 20,000 tracks.
  • Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firstly you say you dont like the battery life on the iphone 5 yet your next phone needs to be at least as good as the iphone, so it could be the same and it would be ok? lol

And then the fact you dont get 4G is nothing to do with the iphone 5, its capable of 4G.........
  • enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HTC one or S4 or Xperia Z1 in three weeks.
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Lidtop2013 wrote: »
    Firstly you say you dont like the battery life on the iphone 5 yet your next phone needs to be at least as good as the iphone, so it could be the same and it would be ok? lol

He mentions the battery as well as other things he doesn't like about the iphone 5. Why did you only pick up on one?
    And then the fact you don't get 4G is nothing to do with the iphone 5, its capable of 4G.........

Its nothing to do with the capability of 4G. It's to do with the iphone 5. Every other 4G phone seems to work on any 4G network in the UK...
  • calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is the list of 4G phones that work on any 4G network in the UK, which were released before the iPhone 5 a long list?

In answer to the OP, I assume its a toss up between the S4, the HTC One and the new top end Nokia.
  • MissliMissli Posts: 3,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the S4. It's a really good phone, and the battery life is apparently better than the iphone 5.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/mobile-phones/10145537/Which-Galaxy-S4-wins-battery-life-test.html

There are many different ways to manage your music on it. I haven't got around to sorting out my music yet, I'm currently using Amazon MP3 player which had all my previous purchases once I signed in. I'll probably end up using Google music at some stage.

I used to be a Nokia fangirl before, but now converted to Android. Loads of free, and cheap apps from Google playstore, and Amazon to be had.
    Forum Member
    calico_pie wrote: »
    Is the list of 4G phones that work on any 4G network in the UK, which were released before the iPhone 5 a long list?

In answer to the OP, I assume its a toss up between the S4, the HTC One and the new top end Nokia.

Does it really matter if its a long list or whether they came out before or after? Don't try and turn this into an argument now. It was apples failings on the iphone 5 that stop it using certain UK 4G networks.

The 5S however will sort this i reckon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In fairness the only device not workable on uk networks is the iPhone 5 that is marketed for this country anyway. Though in theory someone who kept the iPhone 5 for a few years may eventually be able use on 4G when O2 and Vodafone refarm 2100MHz as I expect 900MHz is there primary 3G spectrum.
    Stiggles wrote: »
    Does it really matter if its a long list or whether they came out before or after? Don't try and turn this into an argument now. It was apples failings on the iphone 5 that stop it using certain UK 4G networks.

in fairness it wasn't just the uk market but it was the european market they didn't factor in at all even in europe 1800MHz is rare for LTE or they just finishing refarming now. The phone was factored in for the asian markets as the bands it works on the main lte bands there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He mentions the battery as well as other things he doesn't like about the iphone 5. Why did you only pick up on one?

Its nothing to do with the capability of 4G. It's to do with the iphone 5. Every other 4G phone seems to work on any 4G network in the UK...

lol i only missed the size part out.

And i wasnt aware that there are certain 4G enabled phones that dont work on every network.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HTC One, Nexus 4 or Galaxy S4. The Xperia Z and LG G2 are also very good.
    Forum Member
    Lidtop2013 wrote: »
    lol i only missed the size part out.

And i wasnt aware that there are certain 4G enabled phones that dont work on every network.

There isnt. Its only the iphone 5 that wont work on all of them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    Hang on for a bit and the new nexus is due out ...
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    Hang on for a bit and the new nexus is due out ...

Not likely to be the best phone though - maybe best value for money but not the best overall.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan1302 wrote: »
    Not likely to be the best phone though - maybe best value for money but not the best overall.

That remains to be seen. Especially looking at the latest Nexus 7.
  • Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you can deal with a company battery you cannot swap to have a backup and can live with 32gb of space then I would go for the HTC One.

If not then the Galaxy S4 (can have 80gb of space (16gb phone and 64gb SD card) and also a battery you can swap.
  • calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think it's certainly relevant when phones came out, in relation to when the 4G networks became available, yes.

I don't think it was a failing on their part at all, as until very late into that phone's pre production, it didn't look as though 4G was going to be launched in the UK until this summer, by which time there would be a newer model out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's certainly relevant when phones came out, in relation to when the 4G networks became available, yes.

I don't think it was a failing on their part at all, as until very late into that phone's pre production, it didn't look as though 4G was going to be launched in the UK until this summer, by which time there would be a newer model out.

Actually I think it is a failing on there part as they didn't even sort it for many of the european countries a lot having LTE networks already up and running.
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    Scoobyh1: I'd say your battery is faulty, Get it to the Genius Bar... and i wouldn't sign up to anything until you see what happens next week.
    Forum Member

No its not! Not even remotely.

There were 4G phones out at the same time the iphone 5 came out. Apple chose NOT to include all frequencies for some odd reason even when they knew 4G would arrive this year and some people would then be stuck with a phone that cant be supported on some 4G networks since not everyone with an iphone 5 will update it this year.
  • jazzyjakejazzyjake Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    enapace wrote: »
    HTC one or S4 or Xperia Z1 in three weeks.

is that phone any good

heard sony high ends phones are still behind the samsungs and htc's.

when is the next htc one or samsung galaxy coming out?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    HTC One, Nexus 4 or Galaxy S4. The Xperia Z and LG G2 are also very good.

when's the next nexus coming out?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you can deal with a company battery you cannot swap to have a backup and can live with 32gb of space then I would go for the HTC One.

If not then the Galaxy S4 (can have 80gb of space (16gb phone and 64gb SD card) and also a battery you can swap.

what's all this talk with batteries on android phones?

what you have to change them every year?:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jazzyjake wrote: »
    when's the next nexus coming out?

I would say late next month or early November. That's when the next Nexus usually appears, but the rumour mill is late this year, there hasn't been much word on a new device at all yet. It's not even clear which manufacturer Google has chosen either.

So either the next Nexus has been kept under wraps for now, or Google is planning something different for this Autumn. I wouldn't be surprised if they changed their strategy this year.

They might be holding back the new Nexus to let the price drop Nexus 4 compete with the iPhone 5C round the corner. Google obviously slashed the price to compete with Apple. It's plausible it could come in January like the Nexus One did.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will iphone 5 work on Three when they bring out 4G?