ED: Carly Hope - Thoughts?

Stephen_SimpsonStephen_Simpson Posts: 756
Forum Member
✭✭
So what's everyone's thoughts then?

I quite enjoyed her debut. The Wedding dress idea was good. I know Emmerdale did it before when Del Dingle debuted in 2005. Thought it was fun to do it again a decade later.

But yeah, good to see Gemma on screen again.

Comments

• srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    They were decent enough scenes, it's a bit early to tell much about the character really.
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She came across as a bit of a brat to me but I'll wait and see what she's like over the next few weeks before making up my mind properly.
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do not like her
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obvious they are not going to make her any different to the majority of the existing female cast so for me she'll blend in well.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gemma has said Carly will be trouble especially for bob. Great to have gemma in emmerdale. She is one gorgeous girl as well as being a good actress.
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She seems like an overgrown child to me "You owe me big time!" I'm sorry, what?

If I was bob (oh dear) I would be like "Listen hen" (Bob is now Boab and Scottish btw) "Listen hen, I owe you sweet F.A, now pull your big girls pants up, shut yer mouth and start getting to work in the caff! Table 4 needs cleared. And f***ing ebay that dress or gae it to Kerry man!"
  • sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how many guys she'll have bedded by this time next year - let's face it - that's her only purpose for being brought into the show.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If I was bob (oh dear) I would be like "Listen hen" (Bob is now Boab and Scottish btw) "Listen hen, I owe you sweet F.A, now pull your big girls pants up, shut yer mouth and start getting to work in the caff! Table 4 needs cleared. And f***ing ebay that dress or gae it to Kerry man!"
    :D:D:D:D:cool:
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how many guys she'll have bedded by this time next year - let's face it - that's her only purpose for being brought into the show.

a year, hmm. Can I put down a wager for 4.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D

Ross might be the first (so she will have good taste in men, then.;-))

I don't like her that much, hopefully she'll rein in the bad attitude.

And :D:D, JoP!
  • malspiemalspie Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She reminds me a bit of Charity, having the same sort of attitude. She should have been cast as her long lost sister,
  • dancerdaisydancerdaisy Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked her, though that she was good, l think that she will work well with Wendy oops sorry l mean Brenda, l can see a few comic moments with those two.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really like her. I've liked Gemma since Hollyoaks (can't wait to see her in a scene with Harriet!!!) and so I was looking forward to her joining anyway, but I think Carly is going to be a lot of fun!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always liked Gemma in all I've seen her in, just hope they dont bring her brother Jamie back who was played by the same person who played her brother Lee Hunter in Hollyoaks - cant stand him.
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Didn't he walk out on all of his kids? Not including the twins I mean. It sounds like he does owe her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully she'll be far, far away by then. Yet another terrible new character. >:(
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ericos wrote: »
    I've always liked Gemma in all I've seen her in, just hope they dont bring her brother Jamie back who was played by the same person who played her brother Lee Hunter in Hollyoaks - cant stand him.

I'd love for Jamie to come back just to see them reunited. They can have scenes with their mum (Harriet) too! :D
  • BitoftreakleBitoftreakle Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    She was very annoying, and she just doesn't feel needed. The cast feels fine as it is tbh. They even have irritating Traceh to make up the irritating cow quota.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I'd love for Jamie to come back just to see them reunited. They can have scenes with their mum (Harriet) too! :D
    They were reunited the last time Carly appeared.
    Jamie's mother is Jean, Carly's mother is Barbara.
  • Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    malspie wrote: »
    She reminds me a bit of Charity, having the same sort of attitude. She should have been cast as her long lost sister,

No Sally Carman Aka Kelly Maguire from Shameless shoule be cast as Charitys long lost sister ive always thought http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111009032440/shameless/images/8/87/S8E20WoeIsKelly.jpg
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wyezed wrote: »
    Hopefully she'll be far, far away by then. Yet another terrible new character. >:(

She's barely even been in it :confused:

People can be too impatient. Good characters are not always liked straight away.
  • wizardtwizardt Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit early to judge her but I'm liking her so far. I'm so used to her as Lisa and Tamzin from Hollyoaks and Casualty.
  • JackKlugmanJackKlugman Posts: 5,362
    Forum Member
    She seems to be a mix of toxic (ie Parasite) and Charity (ie Slapper) all rolled into one attractive package in a white wedding dress.

No doubt the fitnotgaycarjackerhotrossbuns will fall in love with her
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The most bizarre episode of any soap I have ever seen. A girl, who I think lives in Australia, arrives in the village in a limousine and wearing a wedding dress. By coincidence, her father was standing in the middle of the village and she instructed him to get in the limousine and go to the church/registry office (where?) to give her away. When they got to the destination, he got out of the limo and walked 2 miles back to the village. The girl then arrived at the father's cafe..................I had to leave there as I worried for my sanity.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The most ridiculous bit (or one of the more ridiculous bits) was that this gold digging, grudge bearing trollop was supposed to have had an attack of conscience half way down the aisle because of something the father she hates said to her.
    Vile character, stupid storyline.