2015 celebrities - Who do we think?

Comments

• kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got a feeling Sammy Winward might be a contestant this year? What about Natalie Anderson, Gemma Oaten, Charlie Hardwick, Alicya Eyo or Michael Parr though? Emmerdale have to feature this year please!

Natalie Anderson, Charlie Hardwick and Isobel Hodgins (Victoria) all said they would love to do strictly.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,099
    Forum Member
    thengp12 wrote: »
    I know she has done I'm a Celeb and most likely to be filming while Strictly is on, but I would love to see Michelle Visage from RuPaul's Drag Race on Strictly

Michelle really bugged me on CBB, came across badly in my eyes.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I right in thinking that Natalie Anderson was in the early stages of Pop Idol? Or have I got the wrong Natalie?
  • Ellie1967Ellie1967 Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    New Tricks has been cancelled - looked at Tamsin Outhwaite's website and there was nothing in "news" - just "updates coming soon"

Denis Lawson has done musicals, inclduing "Mr Cinders" which was 30's style, BUT he is Ewan Mcgregor's Uncle so maybe a good luck message etc.

Nicholas Lyndhurst rarely does interviews or anything as "himself"

Larry Lamb - might be free - and his son is a TV presenter who has not done much since 2012

I think Tamsin was in the paper yesterday saying she was taking a break from work as she needed to spend time with her daughters.

I would love Larry Lamb to do it - I wouldn't mind Natalie getting the 'oldie' if it was him :)

Not very excited by the prospect of Shane Filan - he always seems slightly dull and humourless - but he'd probably do well.
  • jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thengp12 wrote: »
    I know she has done I'm a Celeb and most likely to be filming while Strictly is on, but I would love to see Michelle Visage from RuPaul's Drag Race on Strictly

THIS - she would be fabulous dahhhhling!!!:D
    pothuthic wrote: »
    Michelle really bugged me on CBB, came across badly in my eyes.

I had never seen her before CBB but loved her from the outset. Was very much a potential winner but completely swallowed by the whole Hopkins vs Hilton saga. Her real personality will shine through being free of the Hopkins witch - trust me.:)
    1436bassey wrote: »
    Bit of a coincidence consridering the first reveal is on Monday morning on Chris Evans show, could Shane be throwing down the gauntlet ;-)
    http://www.entertainment-focus.com/tv-section/tv-news/is-shane-filan-doing-strictly-come-dancing-2015/

Shane has also just started following AP McCoy on Twitter. The latter has been rumoured to be taking part...or could it just be an Irish connection...?
    Got a feeling Sammy Winward might be a contestant this year? What about Natalie Anderson, Gemma Oaten, Charlie Hardwick, Alicya Eyo or Michael Parr though? Emmerdale have to feature this year please!

This - Hardwick or Parr would be my top choices...Hardwick is more likely because her Emmerdale departure was announced some time ago giving more time for negotiations with Strictly to take place.
  • kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking that Natalie Anderson was in the early stages of Pop Idol? Or have I got the wrong Natalie?

Yes she was, she was in the same semi final as Will Young
  • SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    Audience ticket ballot for the Launch show and red carpet event now available for applications.

The Red Carpet event is Tuesday 1st Sept
    The Premiere (Launch) show recording is Wednesday 2nd Sept

Does this mean the launch show will be shown that coming weekend (6/7)??
  • SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    If I know who most of them are, that will be a start.

If I like most of them as well, or at least find them tolerable, that will be even better.

;)
  • Sue_HowarthSue_Howarth Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This could just be malicious rumor so take with a pinch of salt
    I have heard Michelle Visage's movement is compromised by her implants, she often has a lot of back pain etc. If this is true I doubt she would be up to it
    I was hoping for RuPaul himself, but, from his interviews he does appear to control his publicity strongly, I doubt he would put himself out there as it were
    So I wold go next to Sheldon from Big Bang as a USA participant, or Howard with Janette that could work
  • Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could we see one of the Spice Girls? What with the announcement of a tour coming up, we normally get one contestant who has a difficult schedule yet still takes part :D there's only Geri or Mel C who could so I'd go for Mel.
  • Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    Reports are saying this could possibly be Monday's revealed celeb(?)

https://twitter.com/shanefilan/status/628837877795946496
  • I've Got ClassI've Got Class Posts: 12,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Melanie Sykes' most recent follows are Chris Evans AND Brendan Cole (who has followed her back)..
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,402
    Forum Member
    Melanie Sykes' most recent follows are Chris Evans AND Brendan Cole (who has followed her back)..

She would be good, however a little mystified as to why she is not already following CE, as she was a regular on TFI Friday.
    Unless she is going to be in the new series
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess if Melanie Sykes is doing the show, it's part of her ongoing attempts to rebuild her public image - after the past few years of bad publicity with her sleazy antics on twiiter with her estranged partner who she was accused of physically assaulting when they were living together - although she managed to get the charges and caution against her dropped.....ho hum.... I'm very meh about her taking part - I guess they had Gregg Wallace last year who also had quite a lot of bad publicity around him, so this signing wouldn't be much different - hopefully a better dancer than Gregg though lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Something led me to check Melanie's twitter for any Strictly connections about a month ago - but nothing. I then discounted her because I'm not so sure they would have her on so soon after IACGMOOH - and am still not...

Think she will appear one day - but give her a few years a la Mark Wright.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jiroos wrote: »
    Something led me to check Melanie's twitter for any Strictly connections about a month ago - but nothing. I then discounted her because I'm not so sure they would have her on so soon after IACGMOOH - and am still not...

Think she will appear one day - but give her a few years a la Mark Wright.

I know they're different types of presenters but I also think she's also too close in age to Kirsty Gallacher and let's face it - she has the more wholesome image than Melanie and given all the sleazy stories in the media about strictly - would they risk signing Melanie now given the bad publicity recently surrounding her?
  • dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    I know they're different types of presenters but I also think she's also too close in age to Kirsty Gallacher and let's face it - she has the more wholesome image than Melanie and given all the sleazy stories in the media about strictly - would they risk signing Melanie now given the bad publicity recently surrounding her?

Was Jodie Kidd not involved in a cocaine scandal just before her series? And they kept Ricky Whittle on despite his misdemeanour during the series.

...and of course, they had your favourite Gregg Wallace!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was Jodie Kidd not involved in a cocaine scandal just before her series? And they kept Ricky Whittle on despite his misdemeanour during the series.

...and of course, they had your favourite Gregg Wallace!

I did mention Gregg in one of my posts above - I think Gregg was signed despite his bad publicity because they thought it would publicise Masterchef which is a flagship BBC show. Ricky Whittle - they didn't have any choice but to keep him in the series because as you stated his misdemeanour happened during the series he took part in, I very much doubt they would have signed him up if he had a few years of bad publicity in the lead up to him wanting to take part and they had an alternative young soap actor also wanting to take part.

Mel Sykes has had a few years of bad publcity - not just a one off scandal, and given there are other stories in the press which are denting the 'family image' of the show - that's what made me cast doubt if they would sign her now - given that Kirsty Gallacher is also heavily rumoured, who as I said, doesn't seem to have any scandal associated with her.

I'm not saying they'll never sign Mel - as you said they've had plenty of 'celebs' who've done questionable things in their pasts - just doubting whether she'll be in this series.
  • Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kp2ni wrote: »
    Yes she was, she was in the same semi final as Will Young

Really,,I didn't know this,,how interesting as i quite like her!

Hopefully Shane Filan is our 'Shane' for the series as i wasn't really looking forward to Mr Richie! and I echo what Topaz said about him hopefully being better than Nicky was.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cat Deeley recently followed Tess on Twitter...did she also attend the Elle Style Awards earlier in the year...?
  • SilarmySilarmy Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    Cat Deeley recently followed Tess on Twitter...did she also attend the Elle Style Awards earlier in the year...?

She is also following Pasha and Marian Keyes, who was on It Takes Two a few times last year.
  • Ellie1967Ellie1967 Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Silarmy wrote: »
    She is also following Pasha and Marian Keyes, who was on It Takes Two a few times last year.

She probably knows Pasha through SYTYCD. I would've thought she would do DWTS rather than Strictly, if she was going to do one at all.
  • SilarmySilarmy Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    Ellie1967 wrote: »
    She probably knows Pasha through SYTYCD. I would've thought she would do DWTS rather than Strictly, if she was going to do one at all.

It seems as if she's followed him recently though, which makes me wonder why she would have followed him so long after he was on SYTYCD.:confused:
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,368
    Forum Member
    Ooooh, I can't wait for the names to come out. I want to know NOW!! :D ;-)