How long will Dermot leave the tension to announce this year's winner?

chemical2009bchemical2009b Posts: 5,250
Forum Member
According to Scott Mills on Radio 1 it took 22 seconds from Dermot saying 'the winner of the X Factor is'... and 'Joe'!

Comments

• RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    20 seconds before he says....WAND ERECTION!
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    You will be able to make a roast dinner in the time it will take. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,334
    Forum Member
    Agres no doubt.. but that's not his fault. I'm sure he's told to pad out the tension as long as possible. Bloody annoying though!
  • cherubmattdcherubmattd Posts: 13,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to say 30 seconds. Dermot probably doesn't want to hear Wand Erection wail the winners song, so will try and fill that space.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha, we should keep this thread pinned. I'm going to say: 19 seconds.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope we don't have the same cock up which was on australian top model. They announced the wrong winner :eek::eek:
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    twingle wrote: »
    Hope we don't have the same cock up which was on australian top model. They announced the wrong winner :eek::eek:

lmao, now that would be funny :D
  • rosiedevonrosiedevon Posts: 7,706
    Forum Member
    It doesn't matter.

Everyone who has been eliminated this year have stood on the right of the TV screen.

Even Cher last night when normally Danni and her acts stand that side.

So just see who is standing that side and you know who ever is on the left is the winner.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    According to Scott Mills on Radio 1 it took 22 seconds from Dermot saying 'the winner of the X Factor is'... and 'Joe'!

you forgot say ''the winner of x factor 2010 is'''..............:p
  • JeliteJelite Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    next saturday.
  • Skinny TreeSkinny Tree Posts: 1,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    14 seconds.
    I think they'll rein it in because it's getting sillly.
  • ToriamathToriamath Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    18.6 seconds
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »

That would be hilarious, imagine if Dermott announced wrongly that One Direction had won and Simon being dead smug like this: :D

Then Dermott announces he got it wrong and it was actually Matt that had won, Simons face would be like this: :eek:

It would be a case of you're fired Dermott and pick up ur cards on the way out! :D:D

I think Dermott will drag out the announcement for approx 40secs ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    3 1/2 hours, give or take.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    30.2 seconds
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,283
    Forum Member
    24 seconds.
  • DeniseDenise Posts: 12,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For as long as it takes for the producers to give him the winner in his ear. It's not Dermot who takes the time.
  • pgw71pgw71 Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you also noticed that Dermott has increased the gap between the 'and' and whatever comes before. Sometimes you get a few seconds between the 'and the last act definitely through to next week' and 'is'...

So I'm going to predict

"The winner of the XFactor 2010" (5.7 second pause) "is" (then another 27.9 second pause)....
  • Manly BarrilowManly Barrilow Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He just says "IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

And waits for the producer to tell him in his earpiece. Anyone thinking that anything is actually written on those cards is wrong.

Producer: "It's Char!!! Simon just told us!"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    When you can see his beard starting to grow, you'll know he's ready to say it.
  • BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't current fashion to say: "And the winner is......... we'll find out after the break...".
    He could do that and then come back on air, faff around with an envelope, pause 45 seconds and then say it. Total wait time of 5 mins!
  • BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just remembered that Australian Top Model debacle... be very satisfying to see Dermy being inadvertently fed/announcing the wrong winner (especially if he'd given it the full dramatic pause nonsense)!
  • Chisato GeesteChisato Geeste Posts: 20,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Long enough for Katie to sing Etta James' entire back catalogue while dressed as a SMASH potato alien.
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Seventeen seconds, what I want.
    Three milleniums, what I predict.
  • Manly BarrilowManly Barrilow Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boselecta wrote: »
    Isn't current fashion to say: "And the winner is......... we'll find out after the break...".
    He could do that and then come back on air, faff around with an envelope, pause 45 seconds and then say it. Total wait time of 5 mins!

More like: "And the winner is...... to be revealed after the break"

And then rush to the break-time emergency meeting with Simon.

After the break: "And the winner is...... going to be decided by the sing off that we have had planned since October 1893 and it's going to include Char!"