Shark Night 3D

ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
Forum Member
✭✭
This may not be the best shark movie ever but it's one of the best photographed: it's stunning to look at.
Sharks, speedboats, 3D and the wonderful Sara Paxton. Excellent joke at the very end.:cool:

Comments

• MissDexterMissDexter Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously?

Every aspect was awful. Terrible terrible film.
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know popular wisdom demands I'm supposed to hate it but I rather liked it. Enjoyable, dumb fun and (I know this isn't saying much) far better than the execrable "Piranha 3DD" of which I could only endure about 15 minutes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, side by side i suppose Shark Night has the edge but it's a very small edge.
    I think the actual shark attacks let it down, they seemed just a bit "meh".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MissDexter wrote: »
    Well, side by side i suppose Shark Night has the edge but it's a very small edge.
    I think the actual shark attacks let it down, they seemed just a bit "meh".

There were sharks? I couldn't take my eyes off Sara Paxton.:)
    I'm starting to think she deliberately appears in the most bonkers movies she can find or maybe she just fancied a holiday in Louisiana.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was terrible, poor poor CGI, absolute rubbish!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ironjade wrote: »
    There were sharks? I couldn't take my eyes off Sara Paxton.:)
    I'm starting to think she deliberately appears in the most bonkers movies she can find or maybe she just fancied a holiday in Louisiana.

For fans of Ms Paxton, you HAVE to see "The Innkeepers"!

She is superb in that. It's not an "eye-candy" part and she (unfortunately) stays fully clothed during the film, but she is totally adorable and convincing.
    She plays a "slacker" type role and comes out with lots of surreal quotes, which apparently is very close to her true personality according to the director (Ti West).

Not sure about the ending though ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved "The Innkeepers" but I seem to be in the minority. Not enough blood or killer robots for most people but I thought it was very creepy.
    Ms. Paxton, as usual, stole the show.:cool:

I really don't think Shark Night was meant to be taken seriously, especially in view of the rap video and the "Fin" joke at the end.
    Y'all need to lighten up, hear?:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope sorry, I don't buy into the "it's not meant to be taken seriously" argument. Personally I think it was meant to be taken seriously, the way Shark Night was presented was nothing like the way Piranha 3D......and definitely Piranha 3DD was.

If a film is trailered and promoted as a tense, nail-biting shark horror.........then that's what it should be. Shark Night had zero atmosphere, zero tension and almost zero sharks.

It failed to deliver on its promise.
  • *Cadhla**Cadhla* Posts: 1,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it. I like Sara Paxton and also the other characters were likeable...not the Sheriff and that lot, but Sara's friends. Couldn't believe it when I saw Katherine McPhee as I didn't realise she had moved into acting. I like shark movies...I even liked Spring Break Shark Attack! :o
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    One of the worst films ever!
  • GeorgeTimmsGeorgeTimms Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Haven't seen this film, the comments on Stazoo seem to suggest its not too great!

http://www.stazoo.com/movie/movie_profile.php?movie_id=2337&movie_title=Shark%20Night%203D&movieor_id=771208380