Options

Normal Chloe's life of luxury

NoodleGuruNoodleGuru Posts: 306
Forum Member
One of Chloe's main selling points seems to have been that's she's normal - which I guess we all translate to being working class or lower middle class, not having a great deal of money, etc. Certainly she's gone on a lot about how five grand is a lot of money to her. So when she came out of the house wearing Louboutins which probably cost between £400-500, I was surprised enough to look on Twitter to see if anyone else noticed. A little bit of digging turned up her Instagram account: https://instagram.com/chloejade59/

I've been looking over it and I'm really surprised that this girl who portrayed herself as a humble northern lass can afford three trips to Dubai (one staying in Jumeirah Beach Hotel which looks like it costs around £300 per night), plus trips to New York, as well as a Rolex watch, YSL bag, and Louis Vuitton stuff like sunglasses, trainers, a bag, a passport holder, Jimmy Choo wellies, a Chloe bag, Mulberry bag, Gucci scarf, Omega watch, plus a BMW. Her friend on there defended that one and said her previous car was a Mini!

What do you all think of this? Is it "normal" to have and do all this stuff? I have to say if that's normal I must be poverty stricken!

Nothing wrong with having all this stuff obviously, but I wasn't expecting to see photos showing off stuff like that on her feed!

Comments

• Options
    danny_gamerdanny_gamer Posts: 3,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As gurning Rylan says " She's the definition of a normal girl" :o

..or so it says in the script.
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe her Dad gave her some of his spare cash.:p
  • Options
    benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hopes she spends the money wisely congrats Chloe again :)
  • Options
    10000maniacs10000maniacs Posts: 831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe she taps out other peoples credit cards.
    Having that stuff doesn't mean she was loaded.
  • Options
    The FinisherThe Finisher Posts: 10,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I imagine those bright yellow life rafts don't come cheap.
  • Options
    DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NoodleGuru wrote: »
    One of Chloe's main selling points seems to have been that's she's normal - which I guess we all translate to being working class or lower middle class, not having a great deal of money, etc. Certainly she's gone on a lot about how five grand is a lot of money to her. So when she came out of the house wearing Louboutins which probably cost between £400-500, I was surprised enough to look on Twitter to see if anyone else noticed. A little bit of digging turned up her Instagram account: https://instagram.com/chloejade59/

I've been looking over it and I'm really surprised that this girl who portrayed herself as a humble northern lass can afford three trips to Dubai (one staying in Jumeirah Beach Hotel which looks like it costs around £300 per night), plus trips to New York, as well as a Rolex watch, YSL bag, and Louis Vuitton stuff like sunglasses, trainers, a bag, a passport holder, Jimmy Choo wellies, a Chloe bag, Mulberry bag, Gucci scarf, Omega watch, plus a BMW. Her friend on there defended that one and said her previous car was a Mini!

What do you all think of this? Is it "normal" to have and do all this stuff? I have to say if that's normal I must be poverty stricken!

Nothing wrong with having all this stuff obviously, but I wasn't expecting to see photos showing off stuff like that on her feed!

No shock there then, she's obviously been telling lies then, pretending to go to Benidorm!
  • Options
    AndrewPdAndrewPd Posts: 6,718
    Forum Member
    Since when has normal implied poverty?
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I imagine those bright yellow life rafts don't come cheap.

HeHe!.:D
  • Options
    quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was an obvious fake, when will people learn.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AndrewPd - normal doesn't imply poverty necessarily, but I think I'm not out of order in suggesting that multiple holidays to Dubai at resorts costing £300 per night, BMWs, designer handbags and Rolex watches are not normal. Chloe was always using normal as shorthand for 'down to earth' and 'humble' - that's the impression that I think a lot of people had of her, and certainly one that her fans embraced. I'm just interested to see that the reality of her situation isn't one of a person who would be described as 'normal' by most people.

DarcyPrincess - actually, she's been to Benidorm a lot as well, as well as quite a few other places!

10000maniacs - you're right, it certainly doesn't mean that! I wonder who is paying for everything?

This isn't an attack on Chloe, as it's all been put on there by Chloe herself, I'm just pointing it out as I've not seen anyone else mention it. Chloe described herself as normal, Chloe won, Chloe's also got an Instagram feed full of things that cost thousands of pounds. Anyone who says that's normal doesn't know many normal people, perhaps?

For the record, of the finalists, I wanted Chloe to win the most, and I still like her. I guess it's a perfect of example of how people portray themselves on social media versus how they are in reality... Maybe versus how they appear on a reality TV show? Ha! I don't think the version of Chloe in this photo (https://instagram.com/p/s8EIOZpH-d/) or this one (https://instagram.com/p/ZcmlglpH1H) would have got as far in the process... I think she got a long way on being the girl next door, the average girl, the non-threatening girl. The girl that lives next door to me doesn't have a Rolex or a BMW! :)
  • Options
    super-saintsuper-saint Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The best actress to grace the BB house !
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think we all knew what would happen when the producer himself tweeted his support of her.

Foolishly we tried to get a better winner.
  • Options
    Kopite1763Kopite1763 Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    AndrewPd wrote: »

On many occasions she implied she was just a working class girl, and justified her taking the £5000 because it was a lot of money for someone like her.

Now we discover she stays in posh hotels in Dubai, buys designer clothes, shoes and bags, and drives a BMW. It seems £5000 is not that much to a girls with such expensive tastes ;-)

Chloe - worst winner in BB history for me.
  • Options
    AimeeAimee Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Driving a BMW does not mean you are rich, or NOT normal

Here look at this lot

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.XBMW.TRS0&_nkw=BMW&_sacat=0

And brand new... they start at £21,180 that's NOT extortionate.
    A brand new Mini costs £13,955.
  • Options
    Marie4evaMarie4eva Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol I find it hilarious (and secretly want to rip my hair out...like wtf she's fooled me).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    She went in there with a game plan which revolved around the idea that the public are stupid, that she can outsmart them and portray herself as something she isn't and that she can appeal to them by pretending she's 'just like them'.

Lo and behold, the public have proven for the second (arguably, third) year in a row that they are, indeed, stupid. It really is as simple as that.

For what it's worth.. she played her strategy amazing and I can tell there's a really intelligent, manipulative and sly girl under that mask.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Marie4eva wrote: »
    Lol I find it hilarious (and secretly want to rip my hair out...like wtf she's fooled me).

Aww. :(. Did you vote for her?
  • Options
    Sarahmonial2Sarahmonial2 Posts: 877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NoodleGuru wrote: »

Louboutins £625

Did you notice the pic of her with her future father in law in Dubai in his traditional Arabic robes? Very smart. :)
  • Options
    cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't someone save up & go on holiday, buy designer shoes etc? My daughter earns £12k a year & she does all of the above & manages to drive a 2 year old car! (Lucky minx). Of course living at home helps her budget!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aimee wrote: »
    Driving a BMW does not mean you are rich, or NOT normal

Here look at this lot

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.XBMW.TRS0&_nkw=BMW&_sacat=0

And brand new... they start at £21,180 that's NOT extortionate.
    A brand new Mini costs £13,955.

I really do think BMWs imply a certain level of wealth - otherwise what's the point? Minis are also a pricey car to be honest. Is it really normal to have a Mini or a BMW?

I'm not trying to argue with anyone, I just think this opens up an interesting discussion about what the definition of 'normal' really is to different people. I'm sure you won't be offended if I say that to me, BMWs and Minis aren't normal cars, they're lovely expensive cars that I'd be lucky to own. And Dubai holidays are pricey and expensive holidays. And designer shoes and handbags - again, not 'normal' items that I would expect to find in a 'normal' wardrobe...

Is it okay to have a discussion about what is 'normal'? I don't think she's wrong to have these things. I own some designer handbags and shoes myself. I bought them off eBay - she could have too. They could be fakes. It doesn't really matter, and it's okay for people to have nice things. But, I do think, Chloe seemed to embrace this identity of being 'normal' and 'average', which it's fair to say is not the type of life she obviously wants to portray on social media. So, if I was making an argument for her, I'd say that she went in feeling 'inadequate' and having something to prove (i.e. displaying trappings of an extravagant lifestyle), but discovered in the house that she's 'normal' and people like her for it. But on the other hand, you can argue against her and say that you can't fake having a BMW, multiple trips to luxury resorts, and the like, so her belief that she is normal is misguided at the very least.

Is Chloe just very lucky and surrounded by people who are very well off? Your perception of what is normal obviously has a lot to do with what other people around you own!

(And let's not forget the Rolex... I don't think that's a watch that many normal 25 year old girls have...)
  • Options
    Marie4evaMarie4eva Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louboutins £625

Did you notice the pic of her with her future father in law in Dubai in his traditional Arabic robes? Very smart. :)

is he a sheikh? her bf probably pays for it all...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wonder where a lovely girl like Chloe could have accumulated this wealth....

*ponders*
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AndrewPd wrote: »

Since Big Brother appropriated the word.
  • Options
    HeartacheHeartache Posts: 4,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cezzy wrote: »
    Can't someone save up & go on holiday, buy designer shoes etc? My daughter earns £12k a year & she does all of the above & manages to drive a 2 year old car! (Lucky minx). Of course living at home helps her budget!

Except Chloe does not live at home and has a mortgage, so her income and outgoings make no sense, unless someone else is funding her, and the fuss she made over the money is rubbish.
  • Options
    Sarahmonial2Sarahmonial2 Posts: 877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marie4eva wrote: »
    is he a sheikh? her bf probably pays for it all...

No idea if he is a Sheikh. Yes her fiance may well pay for it all, in which case he could certainly afford the £5k that she bleated on about needing for her wedding. His Rolex is likely worth double that.