Options

From tomorrow there is no escape from Big Brother BBC.

Comments

• Options
    spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big Brother and google and gchq and your internet providor....... they monitor everything u do online ........
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Rowey wrote: »
    Yes you are wrong, you can watch other catch up services and things like Netflix and still not need a TV Licence.

I hope for your sake that Facebook, the owners of whatsapp don't see this libellous totally untrue statement. :o

These forums have gone to ruin just lately, seems like i'm the only one left that cares about facts and backs up my posts with links and evidence.

Rowey, you never give anyone facts and evidence when complaining about the BBC.

Gone to ruin? Not at all. More like people aren't putting up with you whining about the BBC with nothing to back it up and very little understanding.
  • Options
    markmagmarkmag Posts: 3,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These forums have gone to ruin just lately, seems like i'm the only one left that cares about facts and backs up my posts with links and evidence.

Last time I saw you posting that I went back through the most recent 25 posts you'd made on this site. Not a single one included a link or evidence (or indeed, facts). Can't be arsed to do that again. If Rowey isn't bothering with links and evidence why should the rest of us? :D
  • Options
    sat-iresat-ire Posts: 4,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Erm, you've provided no links or evidence for this "fact" ;-)
  • Options
    Zeropoint1Zeropoint1 Posts: 10,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sat-ire wrote: »
    Erm, you've provided no links or evidence for this "fact" ;-)

But we did get a link to the Metro, that fine upstanding piece of journalism best known for its 'looking for' section.
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the BBc had no money, so how can they afford to buy the equipment to snoop on people, oh yes I forgot, they use the licence payers money for that instead of producing quality content that people may want to watch and then these people may not mind paying for their Tv licence.

As for sniffing wi-fi, I would like them to try sniffing mine.

for the record I do at the moment have a Tv licence.
  • Options
    ProjectionistProjectionist Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So WHY don't the BBC, use subscription & stop all their threatening nonsense?
    Quite easy on the internet :)
  • Options
    rmc57rmc57 Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    onecitizen wrote: »
    From the 1st of September 2016 there is officially no escape from our glorious state broadcaster, if you want the privilege of watching Television in the UK, that is.
    The BBC is entitled to spy on internet users watching BBC programmes through IPlayer.
    A new generation of detector vans hits the road and they are entitled to snoop on us.
    For TV watchers privacy is a thing of the past.
    There is no truth in the rumour that North Korean leader Kim Jong-un is sending members of his secret police over to pick up a few tips...:)

Just because you're paranoid it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Tell me, do you write any other comedy scripts? If so I'd really suggest you give up.

Bet Rupe paid top dollar for that bull.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spiney2 wrote: »
    Big Brother and google and gchq and your internet providor....... they monitor everything u do online ........

Three letters will sove that VPN.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So WHY don't the BBC, use subscription & stop all their threatening nonsense?
    Quite easy on the internet :)

Come on doing this would require common sense something BBC seem to lack as of late.
  • Options
    IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does this include the Archers?
  • Options
    spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In return for a license fee, the bbc does try to give ''something to suit most tastes'' A very wide range of different services. The license fee can seem unfair, especially to people struggling on benefits, and especially when enforcement mainly meant putting single mothers in prison (very nastily, but that was the tories for you!).
  • Options
    onelegpegonelegpeg Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Silly Question but here goes. My father is over 75 and therefore is one of those "freeloaders" who doesn't pay a licence fee.

Sometimes when I go round to his we enjoy watching shows together on iPlayer that he might have missed on TV. As I am under 75 and using his WiFi in his home does this mean he'll have to pay for his licence now? Also if we're away visiting family or friends we use iPlayer on his iPad too?

Just wondering where he/we stand re licence fee.
  • Options
    Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no. Big Brother is moving to BBC 1? That's it I'm never paying my license fee ever again.
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes you are wrong, you can watch other catch up services and things like Netflix and still not need a TV Licence.

I hope for your sake that Facebook, the owners of whatsapp don't see this libellous totally untrue statement. :o

Show us your facts and evidence? Oh right you haven't.
  • Options
    snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    onelegpeg wrote: »
    Silly Question but here goes. My father is over 75 and therefore is one of those "freeloaders" who doesn't pay a licence fee.

Sometimes when I go round to his we enjoy watching shows together on iPlayer that he might have missed on TV. As I am under 75 and using his WiFi in his home does this mean he'll have to pay for his licence now? Also if we're away visiting family or friends we use iPlayer on his iPad too?

Just wondering where he/we stand re licence fee.

The licence fee covers a household not who watches and how many watch or visitors. You and your'e father are fine to carry on doing what you're doing when you visit his house. Watching iPlayer on his iPad away from his property, if you don't have a licence of your own, is another matter though. I think you'd need one of your own to legally do that as you'd have trouble proving the iPad isn't yours.
  • Options
    Jimmy_BarnesJimmy_Barnes Posts: 895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    onecitizen wrote: »
    From the 1st of September 2016 there is officially no escape from our glorious state broadcaster, if you want the privilege of watching Television in the UK, that is.
    The BBC is entitled to spy on internet users watching BBC programmes through IPlayer.
    A new generation of detector vans hits the road and they are entitled to snoop on us.
    For TV watchers privacy is a thing of the past.
    There is no truth in the rumour that North Korean leader Kim Jong-un is sending members of his secret police over to pick up a few tips...:)

u ok hun???? Xxxx
  • Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul_DNAP wrote: »
    No. It's going to be similar to the way TVL is enforced now. Enforcement agents (thugs) will turn up at a property without any licence associated with it and try and bully persons present there into admitting that they watch TV or use iPlayer and refuse to take no for an answer. They will follow that up with ten dozen letters of increasingly strong threats of fines and courts.

Not to mention that it they still manage to get it covered under criminal law, rather than a civil offence. The letters they send to people that don't need a licence are extremely frequent and bullying, they also demand entrance to your private property to check you're not breaking the law - something the police can't even do without a warrant or without life being immediately in danger.

If they would only put a username and password on the bloody thing then they can leave the non BBC fans who have no interest in it alone and stop writing to us and knocking on the door.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IWasBored wrote: »
    Does this include the Archers?

No, Audio/radio is free - no Licence req.
    I wonder if TV material downloaded before 1st Sept requires a licence?
    This whole thing is buried under a load of BBC mud :D
    Also some misleading stuff, coming from Naga Munchetty on breakfast on this subject!
  • Options
    Aaron_ScotlandAaron_Scotland Posts: 8,487
    Forum Member
    What planet are the BBC on. As if a popup asking 'Do you pay the license fee' Yes? Go on in... Will stop ANYONE who doesn't pay.. Utter tosh.

Make it a login system..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snafu65 wrote: »
    The licence fee covers a household not who watches and how many watch or visitors. You and your'e father are fine to carry on doing what you're doing when you visit his house. Watching iPlayer on his iPad away from his property, if you don't have a licence of your own, is another matter though. I think you'd need one of your own to legally do that as you'd have trouble proving the iPad isn't yours.

So, you are out with your mates - a (licenced) mate says "Have a look at this I downloaded on iplayer"
    Do you say to him, "sorry mate, I have no licence & must not watch it - big brother BBC might be watching"

It is a crazy move & will force the BBC to move to subscription, if it tries to enforce it.
    A backfire situation.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, you are out with your mates - a (licenced) mate says "Have a look at this I downloaded on iplayer"
    Do you say to him, "sorry mate, I have no licence & must not watch it - big brother BBC might be watching"
    No need, what was downloaded on the mate's device is covered by the householder's licence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    No need, what was downloaded on the mate's device is covered by the householder's licence.

Ah, you are saying: just so long as it was downloaded to a licenced person/household, they can share it freely with their mates, who may or may not have a TVL - thanks for clarifying that situation - your source?
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    MR_Pitkin wrote: »
    How is this being enforced then? Login with licence number?

The same as last week for me.
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The correct division of blame:

Programming quality and relevance: The BBC

TV Licence : The Government

It's amazing how many people criticise the BBC for the mere existence of the TV Licence. It's like blaming the NHS for income tax.