The Wanted - Are they nearly over?

Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Gneiss wrote: »
    Are you suggesting they are unwanted...?

I call them The UnWanted :D
    Jason100 wrote: »
    At least they didn't use Twitter to get attention and fame like this new boyband who go by the name: 'New British Boyband'

Have that unimaginatively named boyband actually released any music?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its a bit of a shame that The Wanted turned crap. I felt they had potential to be a bit different from the usual boybands. 'All Time Low' was a really good tune and they should have stuck with that type of sound
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blockz99 wrote: »
    it does if they are a boyband :)

Look at The Saturdays, they're still better than Union J & have had a better worldwide success than JLS
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    Look at The Saturdays, they're still better than Union J & have had a better worldwide success than JLS

Well The Saturdays are just getting lame
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fkinhell wrote: »

I was referring to The Wanted being bigger than UJ & JLS btw
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    fkinhell wrote: »

I'm a fan but I kinda agree. Their latest single isn't as good as any of their other recent ones. In fact I'm still not sure if I like it or not. Looking forward to the new album though. Maybe that'll make up for it.
  • Ally_BowieAlly_Bowie Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive just noticed that We Own The Night has reenterd the top 30 after being at 50-somthing last week, any reason for this? Just seems entirely random, Love the track though, quite and uplifting wee tune :)
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ally_Bowie wrote: »
    Ive just noticed that We Own The Night has reenterd the top 30 after being at 50-somthing last week, any reason for this? Just seems entirely random, Love the track though, quite and uplifting wee tune :)

i think it was something to do with the song trending on twitter last week with a download link for the song.:D
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,759
    Forum Member
    Ally_Bowie wrote: »

They promoted it (way too late) last week on Daybreak and Surprise, Surprise
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Were they just a one hit wonder in the States, according to wiki, it was no6 on the year end billboard chart, ahead of 1D

Hopefully they get bigger global success I thought of them as the 10s answer to Backstreet Boys, I'm a guy but I really like some of their singles & when a guy likes songs from a boyband then they're awesome

Surprised Chasing The Sun didn't do well in the states I thought with the right promotion it would top the chart there
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,759
    Forum Member
    Were they just a one hit wonder in the States, according to wiki, it was no6 on the year end billboard chart, ahead of 1D

Hopefully they get bigger global success I thought of them as the 10s answer to Backstreet Boys, I'm a guy but I really like some of their singles & when a guy likes songs from a boyband then they're awesome

Surprised Chasing The Sun didn't do well in the states I thought with the right promotion it would top the chart there

They only performed CTS on The Voice in the US, it did go Gold with 15 weeks on the Hot 100 though (don't know if that is any good or not)

I do hope they get bigger, they just need that hit single and quite frankly, need to shut Tom and Max up in public through any means necessary
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member

Yes, they were one-hit wonders in the US. "Glad You Came" hit #3; after that, they never returned to the top 40. "Chasing The Sun" stalled at #50, while "I Found You" and "We Own The Night" barely made it onto the Hot 100.

Their album only opened with 40,000 copies in its first week, debuted at #7, and failed to outsell 1D that week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Tekken_Guy wrote: »
    Yes, they were one-hit wonders in the US. "Glad You Came" hit #3; after that, they never returned to the top 40. "Chasing The Sun" stalled at #50, while "I Found You" and "We Own The Night" barely made it onto the Hot 100.

Their album only opened with 40,000 copies in its first week, debuted at #7, and failed to outsell 1D that week.

Not discrediting what you're saying but in all fairness, it was just an EP. They've never released an album in North America. Not that I think it will be anywhere near as successful as that other band but whatever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a fan but I kinda agree. Their latest single isn't as good as any of their other recent ones. In fact I'm still not sure if I like it or not. Looking forward to the new album though. Maybe that'll make up for it.

Their older songs much better. The recent ones are just total rubbish.
  • hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the fact they have had five singles...FIVE! before the album has even come out kinda says it all really, that kinda thing is unheard of. And i wont be getting this album i know that much, unless there are say 19 tracks on the deluxe because the standard is just a waste of my money!
    Forum Member
    Jevito416 wrote: »
    Not discrediting what you're saying but in all fairness, it was just an EP. They've never released an album in North America. Not that I think it will be anywhere near as successful as that other band but whatever.

Their studio album just came out. It did even worse in the US than the EP did. It was quite obvious that 1D and The Wanted weren't going to both become
    Bieber-level global megastars. It was even more obvious who would win the battle of the boy bands. And just as I predicted, 1D exploded and toppled the Biebs from his throne as the biggest teen idol in the world, while The Wanted crashed down to rock-bottom after Glad You Came. I think it's time The Wanted call it quits.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are on their way out.

Isnt a big radio moghul behind them? Their success might partly be down to lots oa airplay on that persons stations.

They are a kinda LIDL 1D & its just a matter of time now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    The Wanted, One Direction, Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus should all DISAPPEAR off to an isolated island and never be spoke or heard of again :yawn:.
  • Tombo60Tombo60 Posts: 1,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it is not the end, they are an amazing band and I love their music!
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope so. Horrible blokes who don't seem to do much other than slag off other artists. They also look like they'd mug your granny, which doesn't help. I can't believe they have lasted so long.
    Forum Member
    boddism wrote: »
    They are on their way out.

Isnt a big radio moghul behind them? Their success might partly be down to lots oa airplay on that persons stations.

They are a kinda LIDL 1D & its just a matter of time now

The Wanted have had really bad sales in the US after Glad You Came. Their EP has sold around 200k. "I Found You" has sold less than that. "We Own The Night" has done even worse.

Their TV show has had horrible ratings. They are winless at the Teen Choice Awards. They will go down in US Music history as a very unsuccessful group.

Guess where The Wanted debuted this time? #17! They can't even go top 10. That's gotta hurt.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    Well the third album was a megahit here, I expect it will to 7 times platinum shortly, just a shame Shane from Westlife released his album the same week, or it could have been a huge top 5 hit :p

(hope my sarcasm came across :o)
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    Tombo60 wrote: »
    I hope it is not the end, they are an amazing band and I love their music!

me too it would be a shame if it was the end :(
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They have spent the best part of two years insulting a lot of artists. Therefore alienating a large chunk of music buyers.

James Arthur will suffer the same fate.
  • DanCleggDanClegg Posts: 2,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Album down to 30-something in the midweek charts....mega ouch!