Alice in Wonderland; Comeback Story of 2013?

Comments

• HMOHMO Posts: 42,134
    Forum Member
    TTTango wrote: »
    Alice was at best 5th in her semi. She wasn't even 4th. The two people who are left at the end once A&D tell everyone else if they are through or not (are 3rd and 4th). Ant told Alice she was going home (so must have been somewhere between 5th and 9th).

It is in no particular order. When they were announcing the last act in the top 3 out of the two remaining acts, the other act could have well been 9th.
  • dannyb2k9dannyb2k9 Posts: 1,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    Yes. I don't think we need anymore singers, this is not X Factor I'd like to see some variety. I don't think she's as great as the judges made her out to be and I find her performances boring, her performance in the semi was awful.

agree with this
  • NosaerNosaer Posts: 3,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pointless bringing her back as a wild card, the public didn't vote for her in the semis and neither will they in the final.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But they will this time.
  • maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But they will this time.

They will what? do you mean vote for her over Attraction or even Jack? even if she gets the wildcard she wont win, if she does i would say it is the biggest fix in history(and Cowell has had enough dodgy decisions and wins in the past to make people question him and his shows all ready;))I do question why you always seem so definate on things happening when it comes to Alice, though didnt you say she would win the Semi-final by a country mile or something and from what i gather she didnt even make the top 3........
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well she is getting the wildcard anyway.
  • maninthequeuemaninthequeue Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Alice is the wildcard then 20 years from now it will be looked back upon in entertainment history as Simon Cowell "Jump The Shark" moment where his pig headed ego finally got the better of his ability to jump on the bandwagon whenever the Zeitgeist arrives in town.

It would be a complete FU to the British Public.
  • lovelylissalovelylissa Posts: 1,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    =priscilla;66220642]If she is the wildcard, its a shame that other acts who were clearly better than her will miss out.[/QUOTE]

Quite.

She was not badly snubbed by The Voice. They were not horrible to her at all but constructive. If she takes that as some terrible rejection then she is not cut out for this industry because like it or not you have to have a thick skin. I don't know if she was putting on an act because I don't know her but she seemed petulant on the semi and again was unprofessional.

It seems a real shame if Simon Cowell does put her through because he sees pound signs. The wildcard should be someone who just missed out on going through on the public vote.
  • MargueriteMarguerite Posts: 2,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he's really interested in her, then he won't bring her back as a wildcard and risk the public voting her out first , he'll just sign her to Syco like he has the Luminites.
  • DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    maureens wrote: »
    They will what? do you mean vote for her over Attraction or even Jack? even if she gets the wildcard she wont win, if she does i would say it is the biggest fix in history(and Cowell has had enough dodgy decisions and wins in the past to make people question him and his shows all ready;))I do question why you always seem so definate on things happening when it comes to Alice, though didnt you say she would win the Semi-final by a country mile or something and from what i gather she didnt even make the top 3........

Got to laugh at how some in this thread are so deluded! :)
  • loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Alice is the wildcard then 20 years from now it will be looked back upon in entertainment history as Simon Cowell "Jump The Shark" moment where his pig headed ego finally got the better of his ability to jump on the bandwagon whenever the Zeitgeist arrives in town.

It would be a complete FU to the British Public.
    It's going to be interesting to see if he is deluded enough to think she has a chance - after all the publicity she still couldn't manage the top three in her semi-final. I seriously doubt they'd risk another washout performance like last tuesday's...smudged makeup, forgetting her words, having a minor meltdown afterwards - it wouldn't be fair to her to put her through that again really.
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be annoyed if Alice is the wildcard.

I liked her first audition a lot but she wasn't very good during the semis and I think it would be a terrible decision to bring her back.

Simon really has lost the plot imo if it's true. He's only doing it for his own personal reasons - if he likes her that much, just give her a contract, but don't give her a place in the final when the public clearly preferred other acts.
  • kleinzachkleinzach Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But not as boring as your post.

For Christ's sake grow up!

Here is the original Julie London Cry Me a River:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO_g5Ocr4K0

compare with Alice's version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYE7MLlMY9I

The middle 8 is tough. Very tough. Alice was a long way away from the actual tune in many places. Consistently under the note. To be a top line singer, you need to be able to do more than pout. You have to sing the tune, and hold the tune, not be half a semitone flat for the majority of the performance.

She fluffed it. It's a big bad world out there. This was her big opportunity and she fluffed it. Harsh? Of course, but if you take the short cut of TV talent shows, then you will be judged more harshly. If a contestant can't take that, then they shouldn't enter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are talking as if Alice has been singing for years. She is learing her trade, and i would not expect her to be performing as well as established artists from the past, but she does have really good potential. Also when i listen to music i dont try to pick every little fault that i can. I just like to enjoy it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You are talking as if Alice has been singing for years. She is learing her trade, and i would not expect her to be performing as well as established artists from the past, but she does have really good potential. Also when i listen to music i dont try to pick every little fault that i can. I just like to enjoy it.

This isn't school. It's not even the end of year exams. This is the big bad world of show business. Her performance if you would call it that, sounded under rehearsed. Her diction was terrible and her tuning was out for 70% of the song. If she can't be at her best performing in front of 10 million people in one of the biggest showcases in the world, then her potential means nothing.

Getting the notes right (or at least the vast majority of them) is a prerequisite. Yes it's tough, but that's one of the reasons singers are well paid at the top level. You can have the best timbre in the world but if you sound like you didn't bother to rehearse or fully learn the words, then the only way you go is towards the exit.

Nobody is expecting her to be Julie London or Ella Fitzgerald. But you can only bring your own thing to a song once you know it well enough in its true form. Even then, you have to keep within certain boundaries. Singing out of tune and forgetting words is for rehearsals not for main performances in front of millions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None of the people taking part in BGT are top class performers yet. They are hoping it will be a stepping stone to further their careers. If Alice is as bad as you make out then a lot of people must have got it wrong including SC, and i'm no fan of him by the way.
  • Dream_catcherDream_catcher Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    I'd love to see Alice again. I'm hoping she will get the wildcard. I really like Attraction and would not mind if they win because they are really talented. But I would love to see Alice brought back because these two acts that I have mentioned are the only ones out of all of them are my favourites.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    None of the people taking part in BGT are top class performers yet. They are hoping it will be a stepping stone to further their careers. If Alice is as bad as you make out then a lot of people must have got it wrong including SC, and i'm no fan of him by the way.

No they aren't yet. But sounding unrehearsed and forgetting words and being out of tune for the majority of the song I would find unacceptable in a pub or workingman's club. To be so unprepared on what is the biggest opportunity of her life shows lack of genuine motivation.

She needs to ignore the hype. Believing her own hype so much that she thinks that missing multiple notes and words is acceptable is a recipe for disaster.

Aside from the fact that 6 out of the 11 are already singers, there are other acts that deserve the place more. Cry Me A River is a well known tune, but more difficult than many people realise. If she relaxed on it and didn't rehearse much then that's her own look out. She shouldn't be rewarded for it.
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kleinzach wrote: »
    For Christ's sake grow up!

Here is the original Julie London Cry Me a River:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO_g5Ocr4K0

compare with Alice's version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYE7MLlMY9I

The middle 8 is tough. Very tough. Alice was a long way away from the actual tune in many places. Consistently under the note. To be a top line singer, you need to be able to do more than pout. You have to sing the tune, and hold the tune, not be half a semitone flat for the majority of the performance.

She fluffed it. It's a big bad world out there. This was her big opportunity and she fluffed it. Harsh? Of course, but if you take the short cut of TV talent shows, then you will be judged more harshly. If a contestant can't take that, then they shouldn't enter.

Just watched the youtube video you posted, and I have to say it's one of the worst performances by a singer I have ever seen. It would be an absolute travesty if Cowell indulges his ego by giving her the wildcard.
  • Sammy2Sammy2 Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely the fact she is a singer hurts her chances of getting a wildcard
    There are enough already in the final
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you really are kidding RIGHT?

comeback of the year????

she needs to GO BACK and sort out her voice!!!!

first vid she was OK, a bit breathy and flunked the last part of the song
    but didn't see all the second vid, only her being completely different in body language and temprament!

the THIRD ..... OMG ..... the very first note out of her mouth she DESTROYS!!!!!

she WRECKS it

BADLY

sorry, no comeback deserved!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And how about her first audition, which was very good. peope on here seem to have selective minds.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She not some young kid, she 27! So, yes, she should have at least been in tune, and as the semi was meant to be her fav song, she should have remembered the words.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And how about her first audition, which was very good. peope on here seem to have selective minds.

But It was about her semi, that was a total disaster, you can't put people in he final on the first round performance if the semi was such a mess.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Cowell and the rest have it completely wrong then?