Soap Legend: Hollyoaks Amy Barnes

RainRain Posts: 9,688
Forum Member
Hello everyone

Am I the only one missing miss reasonable Amy Barnes

For years she was our long haired plait wild child, turned abused council flat house-wife knocking the sprogs out infront of the washer - well turned dependable best mate to Ste, good sister to Sarah, good friend to anyone and Michaela, turn up every few months, lover of Lee and perhaps the best enemy Brendan Brady faced (with cups of tea) aside from India (and the onion rings). Adviser to Rae, bit on the side for Ned the Plank aka Ally Grogan/Gorman

Iconic Oaks Character Alert!

Please Bryan Kirkwood bring the Oaks favourite back to town! Now!

=]]

Comments

• thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I grew to love Amy, Sinead just doesn't cut it for me in her role.
  • RainRain Posts: 9,688
    Forum Member
    Sinead has a right to advise Ste. But nothing on the scale Amy could. They were soul mates in a worse way than he and Brendan were. She understood him and he understood her. The worst axing of all time IMO!

If I could swap my Jack, Vera and Hayley's of this time - I could pick a month of Amy.

Legend Oaks just like Steph, Lynsey, etc..
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also loved the actress accent "I don't cuuuuuuuurr" (care) :D
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved me some Amy. She was a great character.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God, I miss Amy so much :( She really was a HO legend :(
  • StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    I'd really like to see her back too. I always thought it was a wasted opportunity to not have a relationship between her and Dodger.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    She was nice, also very good at crying but not a legend in my eyes. Barnesy was more suited to that title. *strums guitar wildly* BARNESY!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    I want her and Barnsey back. Make it happen Hollyoaks!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rain wrote: »
    Sinead has a right to advise Ste. But nothing on the scale Amy could. They were soul mates in a worse way than he and Brendan were. She understood him and he understood her. The worst axing of all time IMO!

If I could swap my Jack, Vera and Hayley's of this time - I could pick a month of Amy.

Legend Oaks just like Steph, Lynsey, etc..

I forgot how she was axed so Ste could be 'on his own'!
    He's not so alone now with Tony, Sinead and his family by his side but I'm not sure if the actress would return. She wanted to leave anyway in 2010 only that the producers convinced her to stay.
  • Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked Amy and ild love her back but a legend she ain't! You just can't compare Amy to the likes of Brendan warren Claire Mitzeee Jacqui max and Steph etc
  • superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amy is more of a legend that Mitzeee sorry! Amy was one of Hollyoaks finest back when it cared about realism and not just sensationalism.
  • Owen19Owen19 Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I miss Amy:( I don't care if Ste has a family now, she still has links to the village and it will also give little Leah more screen time who's a fantastic little actress.
  • Auds77Auds77 Posts: 1,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was a great character and it's nice to have established characters around. I loved how her relationship with Ste changed after the abuse and adored her scenes with Brendan where she made him so uncomfortable.
  • pumpkinlattes33pumpkinlattes33 Posts: 8,326
    Forum Member
    "Saruuuuhhhhhh!!!"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Amy comes back, I hope she would bring the ultimate Legend that is Mike Barnes :)
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked Amy, her vs. Brendan was brilliant :D
  • iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    She's not iconic at ALL. But I would like her back. I'd forgotten about her until this thread! I'm surprised she's so rarely discussed on this forum.
  • digichantdigichant Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amy is my favourite character and I really want her to return :(
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I loved Amy, would welcome a return.
  • digichantdigichant Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iMatt_101 wrote: »
    She's not iconic at ALL. But I would like her back. I'd forgotten about her until this thread! I'm surprised she's so rarely discussed on this forum.

What makes you say that... her domestic abuse storyline with Ste was brilliant and very memorable. She's now a long established character with several great storylines in her past, and she'd consistently been one of Hollyoaks' most popular characters until her exit.

Plus with the exception of Brendan she's not discussed any less than other past characters.
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was okay, a lot better with a family around her. Yes she has links to Ste and a few others but I don't think that would be enough to make her an established character again.

I think my main gripe would be her return would end up being all about Ste and there wouldn't be much character development.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    I loved her accent, always made me smile. For that reason alone they should bring her back.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't like her *runs away*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Amy, always been one of my favourites. BRING HER BACK please...
  • iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    digichant wrote: »
    What makes you say that... her domestic abuse storyline with Ste was brilliant and very memorable. She's now a long established character with several great storylines in her past, and she'd consistently been one of Hollyoaks' most popular characters until her exit.

Plus with the exception of Brendan she's not discussed any less than other past characters.
    As great as those SL's may have been, do you really think a good amount of people outside of HO viewers actually know about her or her SL's? 'Iconic' characters are Corries Jack & Vera, EE's Den and Angie. I'm afraid Amy just does not fall under that category.

And I disagree. She really isn't discussed very much. Which I am surprised by as she was quite a prominent character.