Options

EastEnders:11/04/14-Lola Brains Have Turned To Cherry Cola

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    No
    They're undermining Martin in absentia, to clear the way for Sonia to become a lesbian again and go with Tina.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're undermining Martin in absentia, to clear the way for Sonia to become a lesbian again and go with Tina.

Yes evil Martin will drive Sonia into the arms of Tina.
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lola_skye wrote: »
    Thanks for the thread Dan.
    Been reading other message boards and we're not the only ones against a Lola and Jay hook up

Me too. I have a feeling that Jay would be quite controlling. He didn't seem to realise that in pointing out Peter's 'faults' in the in-your-face manner he did outside the tube station, obviously expecting a reaction from Lola (which he got), that he was probably being more controlling than Peter ever was. All I saw Peter make was suggestions, suggestions that Lola could have said 'no thanks' to. Jay's slightly aggressive manner rang alarm bells with me for some reason, I could imagine him bossing Lola about eventually.
    lola_skye wrote: »
    Is Ronnie going to start calling Lola Danielle?

Ha, I was fully expecting it.
    Mookle wrote: »
    I love mental, creepy Ronnie.

I like her much more now that they've decided what she is and stopped making her a bit of a tragedy queen heroine.
    This is a great scene with all three male generations of the Carter's together! :)
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Loving Stan!

These Carter scenes are brilliant

Agree with the above two posts. Those scenes had me hooked.
    Tanequil wrote: »
    Cannot soldiers buy themselves out of the service these days.

He also doesn't look very suntanned for someone who has been in Afghanistan.

Perhaps Linda sent over industrial supplies of sunblock, protecting her baby's skin, lol!
    I'm guessing all this army and war stuff is because it is 100 years since ww1 started? EE being all topical.

Good call. I never thought of that.
    eggshell wrote: »
    So he'll go back, get killed and then Mick can mope in the EE way for millenia

I have to admit that scenario crossed my mind too.
    occy wrote: »
    They are copying Coronation street.

EE has had soldier characters before though.
    Well, ex-soldier characters.
    Grant who was traumatised by the Falkland conflict and Sean who was traumatised by Iraq I presume.
    bass55 wrote: »
    Drinking wine out the bottle. Sonia is definitely a Jackson.

That reminds me of when Pauline Fowler threw "JACKSON!" at her as an insult :D
    She said it like the name Jackson was horse muck and lowest of the low.
    Whatever, you're so punching above your weight with Martin anyway.

Cruel ... but true :D
    Yoshi Fan wrote: »
    I really hope Sonia and Tina are going to remain friends, but I have a feeling my hopes are fading fast.

They make great mates.
    Thinking about it though Tina and Sonia is an improvement on Tina and LoadofTosh.
    mikebuk wrote: »
    Bianca telling someone not to be selfish.

She really has no self awareness does she?
    DEANO!!! :o ..... man, I forgot how fit he is :drools:

He's very pretty isn't he?
    Going to enjoy watching him :cool:
    bean_of_sb wrote: »
    Sonia and Tina are great and it doesn't feel contrived, which is good seeing as it was a very obvious pairing.

I'm really disliking Bianca and cheered when Sonia gave her a few home truths!

It's nice to see Ronnie is still being portrayed as a £d character rather than just as a pantomime psycho - the Lola and Ronnie storyline is actually pretty interesting!

BIB: Bloody loved it, especially as it echoed what Terry said to her the other day :cool:
    Murraymar wrote: »
    I have to disagree. I thought the actor who played lee was very good displayed a real vulnerability and I liked the scenes of the three generations. However going on the thread your opinion is more popular than mine

It's OK you're not alone, I really liked them too!
    CherryRose wrote: »
    I am a little annoyed at EE tonight.

The scenes with Lola in hospital after just been hit by a car and thrown up it the air and onto the road ends up sat up right in A&E waiting room. WTF?

She'd have been taken in on a spinal board, with a neck collar and in an ambulance.

I get concerned when a soap cant get basic scenes like that right, I hope to god it's a blip.

DTC don't be too over confident and start f'in up the basics!!!

Well said! Bloomin' ridiculous.
    SULLA wrote: »
    I would have thought that the army would have sorted him out.

Exactly what I thought too. They don't exactly send you back to the front or shoot you at dawn nowadays do they?!
    I don't know why so many posters are using the daft name he used when he was immature. If he wants to be called Dean, posters should respect it.

Hard habit to break SULLA!
    Be ages before he's Dean to me.
    priscilla wrote: »
    Roxy: Where's Amy... her concerned lasted for a second and instead of going to collect Amy she went to shag Alek. I hate all this Danielle/Lola nonsense, I like villian Ronnie not '101 ways to make Ronnie's life miserable' Ronnie.

I used to like Roxy but she's getting on my last nerve now. She only seems to think she's worth something if she has the appropriate job and man on her arm. Surprised Ronnie's not screaming at her about how lucky she is to have Amy and she'd gladly swap places. Roxy is behaving like a teenager and it's about time the silly bint grew up >:(
  • Options
    alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    Unsure
    Loved all the Ronnie & Dan..LOLA parts. I re-watched the end part and i still didn't realise it was deano until i read the forum and i've seen spoilers of him he looks so different, unlike carly who looks exactly the same.
  • Options
    Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Truly appalling episode from start to finish full of unlikeable characters sort it out DTC the cracks are appearing.

Lee pulling those weird faces when crying. It came across as fake no emotion in his performance.

Lola not putting the nurse straight that Ronnie isn't her mum. Will no doubt again start the weird obsession some Eastenders fans have about wanting Lola to be Ronnie's daughter. :o

Rest of the episode wasn't interesting enough to comment on further.
  • Options
    Songbird90Songbird90 Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    Truly appalling episode from start to finish full of unlikeable characters sort it out DTC the cracks are appearing.

Lee pulling those weird faces when crying. It came across as fake no emotion in his performance.

Lola not putting the nurse straight that Ronnie isn't her mum. Will no doubt again start the weird obsession some Eastenders fans have about wanting Lola to be Ronnie's daughter. :o

Its already started on Facebook! Saying danielle and lola were swapped at birth and all that nonsense. :p
  • Options
    alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    Unsure
    priscilla wrote: »
    Maybe his dad George Clooney :D Deano was looking very sexy tonight.

Shurl IS his mother tho :o

I also wanted Bianca to shock Rebecca by outing her mum! :kitty:
    Songbird90 wrote: »
    Its already started on Facebook! Saying danielle and lola were swapped at birth and all that nonsense. :p

I've seen that idea about since the first time they met years ago.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Yes
    Songbird90 wrote: »

Oh for crying out loud has it? People are idiots. There is over 6 years difference between them in age for one thing!
  • Options
    Songbird90Songbird90 Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Oh for crying out loud has it? People are idiots. There is over 6 years difference between them in age for one thing!

Is there? I thought Ronnie said tonight her daughter was 19 when she died? Still it is ridiculous :D
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Great episode tonight!:D

Once again, I loved the scene with Lee and Mick. Although, I have to be honest, Lee's crying face was hilarious!:D But the acting was still great all around!:) However, I don't think Mick should have pushed him to go back, I know he's encouraging him to go back for good intentions, but it's clear that Lee is a bit mentally unstable as shown at the start of the episode when he was attempting to run away, he's not in a good state to go back. Obviously running away is not the answer, there are better ways to leave. I did feel sorry for him though, it must have been very traumatic. I actually thought his secret would be that he killed a civilian but it would probably spark controversy. I know it's unlikely but I can't help but feel there might be more to that secret.

I felt sorry for both Ronnie and Lola too. However, I think the aftermath of that accident was handled a bit unrealistically. There's no way she would be waiting in A&E, I was expecting the ambulance to come and give her neck support as well as carry her off in a lifter but that never happened. The car stunt was also underwhelming last night. I can't help but feel this was all a bit unnecessary. Easter is never a good time for Ronnie, seeing Lola in that state brought back past memories of Danielle. :( Still that didn't stop Charlie from giving her some comfort.

Bianca was also much better tonight. I still don't care for Sonia but something is clearly going to happen between her and Tina at some point. Rebbeca seems like a nice girl and the duff duff was good, Deano's back! I look forward to seeing the drama unravel next week, I wonder if Deano's dark side will be explored, it was only shown in his last episode which was a shame. But on the plus side, he's back now and I can't wait to see what happens next!:) And before you say it, yes! I was also thinking of Sez Babe!:D

See you all next week!;)
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Hard habit to break SULLA!
    Be ages before he's Dean to me.

It was always Dean O'Wicks for me.

Somebody should tell Lee that the British army is leaving Afghanistan
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    Yes

In your opinon, most people on here enjoyed last night's episode.
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No
    xTonix wrote: »
    In your opinon, most people on here enjoyed last night's episode.

Well I didn't. Appalling episode.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to go against the grain here..

Its all too much too soon with the Carters. I'm starting to get tried of them. I love the Linda, Mick, Johnny and Nancy dynamic but I don't rate Lee so far. I thought his acting was horrendous and it distracted me from the entire seriousness of the scene. I guess its also a struggle accepting Kellie Bright and Danny Dyer as having three adult children. Don't stone me but I'm not really interested in Stan either. No matter how good Timothy West might be - his acting is putting the rest of his onscreen family to shame.

I wish Tina hadn't been one of them either. There is just too many of them and now we have Dean back. Too many cooks spoil the broth comes to mind. Its happening so DTC needs to be very careful. Don't get me wrong I love most of them but I'm worried their bubble is about to burst.

The Ronnie and Lola stuff was intriguing. Going to be interesting seeing where this is going. Also liked her partnership with Charlie. That was the only stuff I enjoyed last night.

Oh and Sonia. She has just slotted back in like she hasn't been away and you know, her and Tina do have chemistry.
  • Options
    Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    No
    0...0 wrote: »
    Yes evil Martin will drive Sonia into the arms of Tina.

They'll have her turning up in the Square with a black eye next.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    where the heck is all the Ronnie and Lola stuff heading?

why didnt Lola correct the doctor when she called Ronnie her mum?

it was all a little bit weird and creepy.....but good weird and creepy, Im intreiuged as to where this is all heading
  • Options
    Cridders88Cridders88 Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    No
    Just caught up on the episode, seems I am in the minority for liking the Mick and Lee scenes. I think Danny-Boy played the scene where he was re-living the nasty experience of his friend dying very well. Yes, his crying face may have looked hilarious to some, but it was tears mixed with anger which may have accounted for this, plus everyone's face looks different when they cry anyway. I personally thought at the time that it was a good piece of acting- just my opinion anyway.

I also liked the Charlie and Ronnie pairing, it'll be interesting to see if that develops further. Roxy I am indifferent too, never really liked the character all that much, particularly since she became more than friends with the buffoon Alfie really. She is quite a selfish and immature character, who I find difficult to warm to. Plus, Aleks just annoys me, so I'm not really interested in this pairing.

Like others, I found the Ronnie and Lola scenes creepy but interesting.
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    where the heck is all the Ronnie and Lola stuff heading?

why didnt Lola correct the doctor when she called Ronnie her mum?

it was all a little bit weird and creepy.....but good weird and creepy, Im intreiuged as to where this is all heading

There were three times they could have corrected it;

1. When the nurse originaly said mum - Ronnie should have said something but I guess was worried she would be asked to leave

2. Ronne and Lola say how weird it was that the nurse called her her mum.

3. Lola could easily have said Ronnie wasn't her mum and when the nurse said "She won't ket you out of her sight now" I think that was when it got creepy for Lola. She is now in Ronnie's control possy along with Roxy and Amy!
  • Options
    Lion_60Lion_60 Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Wow. Mick is awesome in difficult situations with his sons. A great dad. A fantastic scenes with the Carters.

So Ronnie slept with Charlie, but Roxy is not allowed to sleep with Aleks ?