Options

luther Rathman guilty of Corruption and bared from office

Comments

• Options
    davzerdavzer Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trevgo wrote: »
    It's a shame. I love much of the borough - especially around Bethnal Green, Stepney and Bow, where I used to live. I couldn't do so now the Islamists have taken over.

So you couldn't live there due to peoples religious beliefs?

So issues with the Scots and the Muslims.

what an open minded person you must be!
  • Options
    The MartianThe Martian Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Semierotic wrote: »
    One of the writers of that piece remains absurdly unapologetic: https://twitter.com/leninology

What a commie knob. :D
  • Options
    MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    What a commie knob. :D

I don't give a damn about their political persuasion, but I'm always grateful for a knob to laugh at:D There's much humour to be had at the expense of both extremes of the political spectrum.
  • Options
    gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, I agree totally. The electoral fraud is only the tip of the iceberg. Andrew Gilligan's blog has been detailing the ghastly goings on for years. This one caught my eye whilst trying to locate a specific post just now:

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/andrewgilligan/100078534/lutfur-rahman-council-homophobic-hatred-grows/

It's a shame. I love much of the borough - especially around Bethnal Green, Stepney and Bow, where I used to live. I couldn't do so now the Islamists have taken over.

I know nothing about Tower Hamlets or Luther Rathman so I can't really comment on either of them, but I see from your link that he was thrown out of the Labour party.
  • Options
    deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He wasn't born in the UK, why not strip him of his citizenship and deport him.
  • Options
    tahititahiti Posts: 3,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He wasn't born in the UK, why not strip him of his citizenship and deport him.

Making someone stateless is contrary to international convention.
  • Options
    PamthehoundPamthehound Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member
    Annsyre wrote: »
    He has to pay £250 000 costs. Excellent.

Doesnt go far enough he should be deported back to where he came from.
  • Options
    Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    tahiti wrote: »

He was not born in the UK, and likely has dual nationality.

Even if he does not, he has a home country.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky_Guy wrote: »

1. likely has dual nationality.

2. Even if he does not, he has a home country.

1. You obviously don't know that

2. What's a 'home country'? If Boris Johnson misbehaves will you send him 'back' to the US?
  • Options
    mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If you have dual citizenship you presumably aren't making someone "stateless" by removing one of them
  • Options
    trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davzer wrote: »
    So you couldn't live there due to peoples religious beliefs?

So issues with the Scots and the Muslims.

what an open minded person you must be!

Give over. See my history of my posts if you're interested in my experiences living in the middle of Rahman-land for 7 years, or stop snidy remarks.

It was that time that actually changed my entire attitude to politics. I only have issues with people who have issues with me ;-)
  • Options
    trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

2. What's a 'home country'? If Boris Johnson misbehaves will you send him 'back' to the US?

I'd tweet the hapless Rahman if I were you. Needs all the friends he can get today.
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So is rigging elections with favours, threats and bribery. Chuck him out and b*****ks to his rights.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    David Tee wrote: »
    Splendid. And while we're at it, why don't we enjoy this all over again?

The smear campaign against Lutfur Rahman is an insult to democracy.

Predictably, the Guardian. Staring the wrong way through the looking glass, as usual.

How delicious :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

Well, Boris parents are British born. So he has connections to Britain.

This fraudsters parents were not.

I assume he does have dual citizenship, and if he does not, can likely claim it.
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I agree totally. The electoral fraud is only the tip of the iceberg. Andrew Gilligan's blog has been detailing the ghastly goings on for years. This one caught my eye whilst trying to locate a specific post just now:

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/andrewgilligan/100078534/lutfur-rahman-council-homophobic-hatred-grows/

Same here - it's where my grandparents lived. Everything that I remember has gone.Clem Atlee was their M.P.
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sky_Guy wrote: »
    Well, Boris parents are British born. So he has connections to Britain.

This fraudsters parents were not.

I assume he does have dual citizenship, and if he does not, can likely claim it.

He has but I believe that he might have renounced it.

Boris Johnson is to renounce his US citizenship, removing a potential obstacle to him becoming British prime minister. The London mayor has dual nationality because he was born in New York – but has now revealed that he wants to hand back his American passport.14 Feb 2015
  • Options
    MariesamMariesam Posts: 3,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems Unison was going against the government on this issue too .......

http://order-order.com/#_@/PUicy-Aj50SE1A

don't need to say another word really, sad to see a Union getting involved.
  • Options
    allaortaallaorta Posts: 19,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Now they've got Rahman, they ought to go after his gang. It has to be a shite meeting when those in the public gallery can get away with such nonsense.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd tweet the hapless Rahman if I were you. Needs all the friends he can get today.

Interesting to see how the habitual self-described 'patriots' gracing DS believe some British citizens to be more equal than others.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Interesting how the habitual self-described 'patriots' gracing DS believe some British citizens to be more equal than others.

Someone who is British born, or has British born parents, is more British than someone who has come here from abroad and gained British citizenship, I can never trust these people fully.

Not legally, legally all British people are the same, but in my opinion I mean.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If only we could that would be a day to celebrate
  • Options
    renboothrenbooth Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Quick question don't know much about the case but if he is guilty why just a fine and not jail?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting to see how the habitual self-described 'patriots' gracing DS believe some British citizens to be more equal than others.

Not more equal , but if you come here and take up citizenship if you then abuse the country and it's laws deliberately and with the obvious intent in this case then I think you sort of give up that right to be treated equally and should therefore maybe have the priviledge of that citizenship removed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    renbooth wrote: »
    Quick question don't know much about the case but if he is guilty why just a fine and not jail?

That would be interesting to know , this person got six months (suspended due to ill health)

http://crimeandjustice.co.uk/2013/05/13/ex-election-candidate-sentenced-for-electoral-fraud/

There was jail time here too

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/7985257/Five-jailed-for-electoral-fraud.html

One wonders why Mr Rahman isn't facing that, unless of course the fine is automatic and the CPS will be handed the files to decide on a prosecution, which should be the case to my mind.