Options

Brittany Murphy & Childhood Sweetheart - Both Dead by 33

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
Forum Member
I havnt been on the forums for a while so apologies if this question was done to death when Brittany actually died....

But I`m interested in peoples opinions...

What do YOU think killed her?

I personally thought straight away that it must be linked to anorexia.

Also - reading through IMDB facts on her yesterday, I discovered her high school prom date was Jonothan Brandis of Seaquest DSV fame - he killed himself a few years ago.
It struck me as really unusual & kind of tragic that the two of them were together at the start of their careers, with no idea that they'd both be dead before they turned 33. =-/

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I havnt been on the forums for a while so apologies if this question was done to death when Brittany actually died....

But I`m interested in peoples opinions...

What do YOU think killed her?

I personally thought straight away that it must be linked to anorexia.

Also - reading through IMDB facts on her yesterday, I discovered her high school prom date was Jonothan Brandis of Seaquest DSV fame - he killed himself a few years ago.
    It struck me as really unusual & kind of tragic that the two of them were together at the start of their careers, with no idea that they'd both be dead before they turned 33. =-/

That is a horrible and scary thought!! tragic.
  • Options
    *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do I think killed her? Drugs.
    Yes it's sad that both her and Jonathan are dead. I really liked Brittany, she was very talented. Sad.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I think she was dangerously thin!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    *Clem* wrote: »
    What do I think killed her? Drugs.
    Yes it's sad that both her and Jonathan are dead. I really liked Brittany, she was very talented. Sad.

Drugs as in accidental? prescription? cocaine etc?

I really liked her, she was a great comic actress
  • Options
    *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drugs as in accidental? prescription? cocaine etc?

I really liked her, she was a great comic actress

Prescription, mainly because no illegal drugs were found. I don't know if it was an accidental overdose or if her body just couldn't take it anymore after all the alleged drug abuse. Her body looked so frail. Anyway I'm only guessing, I could be totally wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She did look frail. I definitely think anorexia though - the change in her build was so drastic from Clueless to before she died - I know you have puppy fat when you're younger but it was just TOO extreme.

And if the reports are true, the "substantial amounts of vomit" found in the bathroom probably indicate that she was purging - therefore putting strain on her heart =-/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure that vomit was anorexia related but illness related she said she felt bad.

I personally think that it was anorexia related heart problems that killed her. Such a shame I liked her, very talented girl.
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her alleged cocaine habit was a badly-kept Hollywood "secret", so probably that... along with the prescription drugs and the anorexia.